#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Quinton Jackson #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Pancrase #Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam

When it comes to his split-decision win over Phillipe Nover at UFC 208 in February, featherweight veteran Rick Glenn feels like he didn’t have the kind of performance he would have liked, but still he got the win, even if the judges saw it closer than he did.

“It was a split-decision unfortunately, but I’m happy I won,” Glenn told MMAWeekly.com. “I wanted to finish. I did good with my footwork, but didn’t get the takedowns I wanted unfortunately. I have changed a few things and it’s worked out.

“I thought it would be a unanimous, but it was a split. Anytime it goes to a decision you get nervous. He was the hometown guy, so that made me nervous.”

For Glenn, picking up his first UFC win was the culmination of a 10-year journey to get to the promotion. And now that he has accomplished that step, he feels like he will be even better as he continues forward in the UFC.

“Those (previous) promotions were really good promotions to work for, but the UFC is the Super Bowl, and that’s where everyone wants to be,” said Glenn. “I thought I would have been in the UFC years ago, but I guess I’m more prepared now, so I’m blessed that I’m finally there.

“I was pretty nervous going into my (Nover) fight because I had lost my debut. Now I’m in the win column, so I don’t have to put as much pressure on myself. I can kind of let it all hang out there a little more and not be so timid.”

Brendan Schaub Explains Backstage Altercation with Nate Diaz

Glenn (19-4-1) takes on Gavin Tucker (10-0) in a preliminary 145-pound bout at UFC 215 on Saturday in Edmonton.

“He’s kind of flashy with his footwork and likes to move around a lot, so hopefully keep him from moving around too much,” Glenn said of Tucker. “I’ve worked on my cardio a lot and will be ready to go five rounds if I have to. I’m going to have to keep the pace going.”

With the UFC event schedule set months in advance, Glenn is not sure he’ll be able to fight again before 2017 is out, but he’d love the opportunity to given the chance.

“It’s hard to say (if I’ll fight again this year),” said Glenn. “It’s never been set in stone when you’re going to be fighting, but I’d like to get in there by the end of the year after this fight.”

Comments

Tony Ferguson and Fabricio Werdum Have to be Separated at UFC 216 Luncheon (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Believe it or not, UFC lightweight Tony Ferguson and promotional heavyweight Fabricio Werdum had to be separated at Thursday's UFC 216 luncheon. read news >>

Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder Verbally Agreed to Meet at UFC 218 in Detroit | MMAWeekly.com

Iaquinta vs. Felder appears to be the latest matchup headed to Detroit read news >>

UFC 215 and UFC 216 Pay-Per-View Numbers Reportedly Bottomed Out | MMAWeekly.com

While 2016 was a banner year for UFC Pay-Per-View events, 2017 has seen a tremendous reverse in fortunes. read news >>

Check Out the Emotion of UFC 216 in The Thrill and The Agony | MMAWeekly.com

Check out the emotional behind the scenes reactions at UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee from this past weekend in Las Vegas. read news >>

Everlast Explains Why He Couldn't Sing National Anthem at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Everlast explains to UFC 216 media members why he couldn't sing the national anthem at the event. read news >>

Michael Bisping Gives a GSP Fan the Double Bird at UFC 217 Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping had enough vitriol not only for Georges St-Pierre, but also for one of GSP's fans. read news >>

Henry Cejudo, Despite Burned Foot, Still Fighting at UFC 218 | MMAWeekly.com

Though Henry Cejudo has become one of the casualties of the wildfires currently raging across Northern California, he intends to fight at UFC 218. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre was Offered Anderson Silva Before Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

Though he is slated to challenge Michael Bisping at UFC 217, Georges St-Pierre had a possible bout with Anderson Silva in the offing. read news >>

Bryan Caraway Faces Luke Sanders at UFC Fight Night in Fresno | MMAWeekly.com

Following more than a year off due to injury, Bryan Caraway will make his long awaited return to the Octagon in Decmeber as he faces up and coming bantmaweight talent Luke Sanders at UFC Fight Night read news >>

Report: Myles Jury vs. Rick Glenn added to UFC 219 in Las Vegas

An intriguing bantamweight bout appears to be on for UFC 219.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>