#Khabib Nurmagomedov #UFC 223 #Artem Lobov #UFC London #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #Colby Covington #Paige VanZant #Fabricio Werdum #Alexander Volkov #Tony Ferguson #K-1 #Holloway vs. Edgar #Rafael dos Anjos #RDA

Rick Glenn Not Going To Be 'So Timid' at UFC 215 Against Unbeaten Gavin Tucker | MMAWeekly.com

When it comes to his split-decision win over Phillipe Nover at UFC 208 in February, featherweight veteran Rick Glenn feels like he didn’t have the kind of performance he would have liked, but still he got the win, even if the judges saw it closer than he did.

“It was a split-decision unfortunately, but I’m happy I won,” Glenn told MMAWeekly.com. “I wanted to finish. I did good with my footwork, but didn’t get the takedowns I wanted unfortunately. I have changed a few things and it’s worked out.

“I thought it would be a unanimous, but it was a split. Anytime it goes to a decision you get nervous. He was the hometown guy, so that made me nervous.”

For Glenn, picking up his first UFC win was the culmination of a 10-year journey to get to the promotion. And now that he has accomplished that step, he feels like he will be even better as he continues forward in the UFC.

“Those (previous) promotions were really good promotions to work for, but the UFC is the Super Bowl, and that’s where everyone wants to be,” said Glenn. “I thought I would have been in the UFC years ago, but I guess I’m more prepared now, so I’m blessed that I’m finally there.

“I was pretty nervous going into my (Nover) fight because I had lost my debut. Now I’m in the win column, so I don’t have to put as much pressure on myself. I can kind of let it all hang out there a little more and not be so timid.”

Brendan Schaub Explains Backstage Altercation with Nate Diaz

Glenn (19-4-1) takes on Gavin Tucker (10-0) in a preliminary 145-pound bout at UFC 215 on Saturday in Edmonton.

“He’s kind of flashy with his footwork and likes to move around a lot, so hopefully keep him from moving around too much,” Glenn said of Tucker. “I’ve worked on my cardio a lot and will be ready to go five rounds if I have to. I’m going to have to keep the pace going.”

With the UFC event schedule set months in advance, Glenn is not sure he’ll be able to fight again before 2017 is out, but he’d love the opportunity to given the chance.

“It’s hard to say (if I’ll fight again this year),” said Glenn. “It’s never been set in stone when you’re going to be fighting, but I’d like to get in there by the end of the year after this fight.”

Ketlen Vieira Decisions Cat Zingano to Remain Unbeaten (UFC 222 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Women's bantamweight Cat Zingano returned to the octagon on Saturday at UFC 222 in Las Vegas for the first time since July 2016 against unbeaten Ketlen Vieira. read news >>

CM Punk Claims He's Returning at UFC 225 in Chicago | MMAWeekly.com

Former WWE superstar CM Punk appears to be ready for his second UFC fight. On Monday, Punk responded to a fan over Twitter and revealed that he's planning on his next fight taking place on June 9 — t read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor Will Be Stripped, Undisputed Title on the Line at UFC 223 | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White is still elusive but confirms that the undisputed title will be on the line at UFC 223, which means Conor McGregor will be stripped before the event. read news >>

Russell Doane Plans to 'Make It Hell for Rani Yahya' at UFC on FOX 28 | MMAWeekly.com

Russell Doane will look to pick up back-to-back wins for the first time in four years when he takes on Rani Yahya on Saturday at UFC on FOX 28. read news >>

Alex Perez Asked for Fight Against Eric Shelton at UFC on FOX 28 | MMAWeekly.com

At UFC on FOX 28 on Saturday, Alex Perez (19-4) will look to pick up his second UFC win when he faces Eric Shelton (11-4) in a 125-pound bout. read news >>

Conor McGregor Tried to Fight Frankie Edgar at UFC 222, But Was Denied | MMAWeekly.com

Everyone has been wondering if Conor McGregor will fight mixed martial arts again. Well, he has definitely said that he will... and added that he even tried to save the day at UFC 222, but was denied read news >>

Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza Draws Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 224 in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 224 has just landed a huge middleweight showdown. Fresh off a knockout win over Derek Brunson in January, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will meet Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 224, which takes place on May 12 read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Flattens Marcus Davis: UFC Orlando Free Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Jeremy Stephens flattened Marcus Davis at UFC 125. Don't miss Jeremy Stephens face Josh Emmett on Saturday night at Fight Night Orlando live on FOX. read news >>

Cynthia Calvillo Handed 9 Month Suspension for Marijuana By Nevada Commission | MMAWeekly.com

UFC strawweight Cynthia Calvillo will be sidelined until at least Sept. 30 after she was handed a nine-month suspension from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday. The suspension stems from read news >>

Mackenzie Dern Expected to Face Amanda Cooper at UFC 224 in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

Mackenzie Dern is wasting no time booking her next fight as the super prospect is expected to face Amanda Cooper at UFC 224 in Brazil. Sources close to the matchup confirmed the news on Wednesday fol read news >>

Fabricio Werdum: 'I Don't Think Alexander Volkov is a Very Complete Fighter' | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) On Saturday, at The O2 Arena in London, England, former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum hopes to secure a chance to fight for the title once again when he faces top ten ranked read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Not Impressed With the Competition at Lightweight in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov doesn't seem all that impressed by the competition in the lightweight division, at least judging by his comments when asked about the top fighters in the world at 155 pounds. Whil read news >>

Andrei Arlovski, with chance at heavyweight wins record, draws Tai Tuivasa at UFC 225

A heavyweight bout between former UFC champion Andrei Arlovski and unbeaten prospect Tai Tuivasa is the latest addition to UFC 225’s lineup. read news >>

Dmitriy Sosnovskiy Subs Mark Godbeer on His Home Turf (UFC London Results & Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Dmitriy Sosnovskiy's submission of Mark Godbeer at UFC Fight Night 127 on Saturday in London. read news >>

Megan Anderson Wants Her Crack at Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

Former Invicta FC featherweight champion Megan Anderson was once scheduled to fight UFC featherweight champ Cris Cyborg in the Octagon and she still wants her crack at the belt. Having racked up an 8 read news >>

Sean O'Malley Entered UFC 222 with Fractured Foot | MMAWeekly.com

Sean O'Malley is a rising star in the UFC bantamweight division. The unbeaten prospect made his pay-per-view debut on Saturday on the main card of UFC 222. read news >>

Search for: