#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Demetrious Johnson #Anderson Silva #Fight Night Rotterdam #Dominick Cruz

Richard Hale BellatorSporting back-to-back wins heading into Friday’s Bellator 75 in Hammond, Ind., it’s likely people would say Richard Hale got back on track with the first of those wins, but in truth he feels it started with the loss proceeding them.

“It actually created momentum,” said Hale. “People look at the 18-second knockout against Carlos (Flores) as the start of the momentum, but if you really look at it, the momentum started with the loss to Christian (M’Pumbu).

“It stoked a fire inside me and made me make changes to make sure that never happens again.”

In his two recent wins, Hale has spent less than a minute total time in the cage, knocking out both of his opponents. While a lot of fighters gauge where their game is at during fights, for Hale, the fight is the payoff to the real test that comes before it.

“The fight is the opportunity to display your skills. So for me, I learned a lot (in these two wins), because if you’re able to work that hard and push that hard in training, you’re able to put on those kinds of opponents,” he said. “Everything comes from the training and not so much the fight.”

Hale feels confident that he can keep the knockouts coming when he faces Mike Wessel as part of Bellator’s latest heavyweight tournament on Friday night.

“I feel very advantageous in every aspect against Wessel, to be honest,” said Hale. “I feel I have a great reach advantage, there’s a skillset advantage, on the ground, striking, and I just don’t see where he’s going to take me that I’ve not been before or not have learned to be better at.

“This is not going to the judges, I can guarantee that.”

After failing to make weight against Josh Burns and not be a part of Bellator’s light heavyweight tournament, Hale feels grateful to get an opportunity to salvage his year as a heavyweight.

“I wanted to fight and stay more active and (what happened against Burns) was not what I wanted when signing with a bigger organization – which is not their fault – and thankfully I was able to get another opportunity from Bellator by getting into the heavyweight tournament and keep things rolling and get my four fights in this year,” said Hale. “It definitely just picks everything back up and allows me to build momentum.

“(Wessel) says he’s going to knock me out, and he can shoot for that because it’s going to give me a better opportunity to put him to sleep. It’s an awesome opportunity to help me possibly become the heavyweight champion in Bellator in 2012.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Bellator news and updates.

(Photo courtesy of Bellator.com)

Comments

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin gives origin story of Paul Daley beef

Lorenz Larkin sees no need to dress up his fight with Paul Daley, and that’s his problem with the British striker. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Patricky Freire sees Benson Henderson as tough foe, remains bothered by Josh Thomson

Patricky Freire headlines Bellator 183 against not only a former UFC champion – but also the last guy to beat his own brother. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Gegard Mousasi's Bellator plan: Shlemenko, title, MacDonald, light heavyweight – then retire?

Gegard Mousasi sees endless possibilities for his Bellator career. But it all starts with Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Friday's Bellator 185 lineup loses 2 main-card bouts

• a day ago

Friday’s Bellator 185 main card has undergone some major changes.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Ex-Bellator champ Will Brooks says he's fighting at UFC Fight Night 121

• a day ago

After losing his latest matchup on a day’s notice, Will Brooks apparently will return to action next month at UFC Fight Night 121.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ahead of Bellator 185's main event, watch Alexander Shlemenko take out Kendall Grove

• a day ago

Former middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko returns to Bellator this week with his sights set on a return to a title fight. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator contract allows Heather Hardy crossover in boxing, MMA

• a day ago

Rather than be held to one promoter and one sport, Bellator 185’s Heather Hardy gets to choose between MMA and boxing. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Undefeated Jordan Young Wants to Put a Stamp on Bellator 185 | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Jordan Young steps into the Bellator cage for a third time when he takes on Alec Holden in a 195-pound catchweight bout at Bellator 185 on Friday. read news >>

Heather Hardy Expects to Face a 'Killer' at Bellator 185 | MMAWeekly.com

• 14 hours ago

Heather Hardy (1-0) will seek to keep her momentum going when she takes on Kristina Williams (0-0) in a 125-pound bout at Bellator 185 on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 185 pre-event facts: Can Shlemenko strengthen resume at Mousasi's expense?

• 12 hours ago

Check out all the facts, figures and footnotes about Bellator 185, which features a Gegard Mousasi vs. Alexander Shlemenko main event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>