Richard Hale BellatorSporting back-to-back wins heading into Friday’s Bellator 75 in Hammond, Ind., it’s likely people would say Richard Hale got back on track with the first of those wins, but in truth he feels it started with the loss proceeding them.

“It actually created momentum,” said Hale. “People look at the 18-second knockout against Carlos (Flores) as the start of the momentum, but if you really look at it, the momentum started with the loss to Christian (M’Pumbu).

“It stoked a fire inside me and made me make changes to make sure that never happens again.”

In his two recent wins, Hale has spent less than a minute total time in the cage, knocking out both of his opponents. While a lot of fighters gauge where their game is at during fights, for Hale, the fight is the payoff to the real test that comes before it.

“The fight is the opportunity to display your skills. So for me, I learned a lot (in these two wins), because if you’re able to work that hard and push that hard in training, you’re able to put on those kinds of opponents,” he said. “Everything comes from the training and not so much the fight.”

Hale feels confident that he can keep the knockouts coming when he faces Mike Wessel as part of Bellator’s latest heavyweight tournament on Friday night.

“I feel very advantageous in every aspect against Wessel, to be honest,” said Hale. “I feel I have a great reach advantage, there’s a skillset advantage, on the ground, striking, and I just don’t see where he’s going to take me that I’ve not been before or not have learned to be better at.

“This is not going to the judges, I can guarantee that.”

After failing to make weight against Josh Burns and not be a part of Bellator’s light heavyweight tournament, Hale feels grateful to get an opportunity to salvage his year as a heavyweight.

“I wanted to fight and stay more active and (what happened against Burns) was not what I wanted when signing with a bigger organization – which is not their fault – and thankfully I was able to get another opportunity from Bellator by getting into the heavyweight tournament and keep things rolling and get my four fights in this year,” said Hale. “It definitely just picks everything back up and allows me to build momentum.

“(Wessel) says he’s going to knock me out, and he can shoot for that because it’s going to give me a better opportunity to put him to sleep. It’s an awesome opportunity to help me possibly become the heavyweight champion in Bellator in 2012.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more Bellator news and updates.

(Photo courtesy of Bellator.com)

'King Mo' sees 'Rampage' rematch at Bellator 175 as 'revenge of the judges'

Muhammad “King Mo” Lawal has an interesting approach to his rematch with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at Bellator 175 next month.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Watch the Bellator 172 Post-Fight Press Conference Live After the Event | MMAWeekly.com

The big winners from tonight's Bellator 172: Fedor vs. Mitrione fight card will field questions from the media following the event. read news >>

Bellator 172 main event between Fedor Emelianenko, Matt Mitrione scratched

The highly anticipated Bellator debut of Fedor Emelianenko will have to wait.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione Bellator 172 Fight Canceled

Saturday night's Bellator 172 has a new main event because the anticipated heavyweight showdown between Matt Mitrione and Fedor Emelianenko has been canceled. Bellator president Scott Coker announced read news >>

Fedor vs. Matt Mitrione Bellator Bout Canceled | MMAWeekly.com

Saturday night's Bellator 172 main event between Fedor Emelianenko and Matt Mitrione has been canceled. read news >>

Cage Warriors 80 results: Karl Amoussou takes vacant 170-pound title, makes case for UFC spot

After making quick work of Matt Inman to add a seventh finish to his current streak, newly crowned Cage Warriors champ Karl Amoussou made a clear statement with a “Hey UFC, it’s time” shirt.Filed und read news >>

Bellator boss Scott Coker: Fedor Emelianenko eyes May or June for new fight, possibly in San Jose

SAN JOSE, Calif. – Bellator President Scott Coker admits he's just as disappointed as you are that Fedor Emelianenko didn't fight on Saturday night, but he promises "The Last Emperor" will fight for read news >>

Patricky 'Pitbull' Knocks Out Josh Thomson; Josh Koscheck KO'd in Debut (Bellator 172 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Patricky "Pitbull" Freire demolished Josh "The Punk" Thomson with a forearm uppercut in the second round to earn the biggest victory of his career on Saturday in San Jose, Calif. read news >>

Thomson vs. Freire Results: Winner, Scorecard and Reaction from Bellator 172

It wasn't the main event that people expected, but Patricky "Pitbull" Freire made Saturday night his at Bellator 172, defeating Josh "The Punk" Thomson via second-round TKO at SAP Center in San Jose, read news >>

Bellator 172: Fedor vs. Mitrione Post-Fight Press Conference Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Fedor and the big winners from the Bellator 172: Fedor vs. Mitrione fight card fielded questions from the media following the event in San Jose, Calif. read news >>