#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #Luke Rockhold #GGG #David Branch #DWTNCS #Conor McGregor #UFC 215 #HBO Boxing PPV - Golovkin vs. Canelo #Golovkin vs Canelo

As the owner of an 11-fight winning streak, Ricardo Tirloni has grown accustomed to having his hand raised on fight night.

The 29-year-old Brazilian doesn’t expect much to change at Bellator 62, when he faces Rick Hawn in a lightweight tournament quarterfinal at the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas, on Friday night. The eventual champion of the bracket receives a 155-pound title shot and a $100,000 payday.

“I see this fight ending with my arm raised, and the crowd going absolutely wild,” Tirloni recently told Sherdog.com. “I see myself coming out of this fight a little bit bruised and battered because I’m anticipating a war, but I also see myself coming out as the winner.”

Tirloni has not tasted defeat since falling victim to a guillotine choke from current UFC lightweight king Benson Henderson at a Maximum Fighting Championship event in July 2008. The Ataque Duplo product defeated Steve Gable with a rear-naked choke at 3:54 of round two in his Bellator debut last October and also owns notable victories over former WEC competitor Anthony Morrison and onetime UFC veteran Brian Cobb.

Hawn lost a split decision to Jay Hieron in Bellator’s Season 4 welterweight tournament finals last May, ending an 11-fight unbeaten streak for the Massachusetts resident. Hawn has notched victories over LeVon Maynard, Jim Wallhead and Lyman Good since joining the Chicago-based promotion in 2010. The 35-year-old judo practitioner finished in ninth place at the 2004 Olympic Games and has won numerous national medals in the sport.

Tirloni, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, is well aware of Hawn’s strengths and believes he has the skills to neutralize them in the cage.

“In this fight with Rick Hawn, I feel like my jiu-jitsu and muay Thai will be my greatest strengths. He has a judo background, so I think he will try to take me down and [use] ground-and-pound. He has heavy hands, and I have to be aware of this,” Tirloni said. “I’m not worried about [his] judo in this fight, because this is MMA, not judo. Even if he is able to take me down, I will use my Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I have a very good guard.”

Tirloni has avoided the judges’ scorecards in 12 of his 14 career triumphs to date, and he hopes to do the same against Hawn.

“I’m coming into this fight looking for the finish,” he said. “I can’t promise that I will finish Rick Hawn, but I can promise that I will be trying to finish him the entire time.”

Comments

Bellator 188 features title rematch between champ Patricio Freire, Daniel Weichel

Daniel Weichel nearly captured the title from Patricio Freire once before.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

A.J. McKee Expecting to Move One Step Closer to Title Shot at Bellator 182 | MMAWeekly.com

At Bellator 182 on August 25, AJ McKee (6-0) will look to build another finishing streak when he takes on Blair Tugman (10-6) in a main card 145-pound bout. read news >>

Undefeated A.J. McKee wants rival James Gallagher for next fight after Bellator 182

Rising Bellator star A.J. McKee’s plan is to win at Bellator 182, fight rival James Gallagher, and then stake his claim for a title shot. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Co-headliner Fernando Gonzalez believes an exciting Bellator 182 display could lead to a title shot

Brennan Ward hasn’t gone the distance in his 14 Bellator encounters, and Fernando Gonzalez is not expecting to change that at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

5 reasons to watch 'Bellator 182: Koreshkov vs. Njokuani,' hiding under the MayMac radar

Most of the MMA world is focused on MayMac this week, but don’t forget about two crucial welterweight fights Friday at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 182 weigh-in results: Chidi Njokuani heavy, but set for Andrey Koreshkov

Chidi Njokuani once again missed weight for a Bellator fight, coming in four pounds heavy against former champ Andrey Koreshkov.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Chris Honeycutt on Bellator 182 Opponent: 'I Wouldn't Say Kevin Casey Has the Greatest Technique' | MMAWeekly.com

Chris Honeycutt (9-1) returns to Bellator to take on Kevin Casey (9-5-2) in a preliminary card 185-pound on Friday in Verona, N.Y. read news >>

Bellator 182's Colleen Schneider will call out Ilima-Lei MacFarlane – with cameras rolling this time

After fighting her first Bellator bout without cameras, Colleen Schneider plans to make a splash at Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 182's Bruna Ellen eyeing finish over Veta Arteaga now, flyweight belt later

Looking to add a second Bellator win to her 1-1 promotional record, Brazilian flyweight Bruna Ellen is not lacking in confidence.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bobby Moffett Expects 'Fight of the Night' in LFA 20 Co-Main Event | MMAWeekly.com

Bobby Moffett (9-2) will finally get to have his first fight of the year when he takes on Nate Jennerman (9-2) in the LFA 20 co-main event on August 25. read news >>