#Bellator 179 #UFC 211 #Conor McGregor #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Jon Jones #Stipe Miocic #Demian Maia #Jessica Andrade #Junior Cigano

As the owner of an 11-fight winning streak, Ricardo Tirloni has grown accustomed to having his hand raised on fight night.

The 29-year-old Brazilian doesn’t expect much to change at Bellator 62, when he faces Rick Hawn in a lightweight tournament quarterfinal at the Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, Texas, on Friday night. The eventual champion of the bracket receives a 155-pound title shot and a $100,000 payday.

“I see this fight ending with my arm raised, and the crowd going absolutely wild,” Tirloni recently told Sherdog.com. “I see myself coming out of this fight a little bit bruised and battered because I’m anticipating a war, but I also see myself coming out as the winner.”

Tirloni has not tasted defeat since falling victim to a guillotine choke from current UFC lightweight king Benson Henderson at a Maximum Fighting Championship event in July 2008. The Ataque Duplo product defeated Steve Gable with a rear-naked choke at 3:54 of round two in his Bellator debut last October and also owns notable victories over former WEC competitor Anthony Morrison and onetime UFC veteran Brian Cobb.

Hawn lost a split decision to Jay Hieron in Bellator’s Season 4 welterweight tournament finals last May, ending an 11-fight unbeaten streak for the Massachusetts resident. Hawn has notched victories over LeVon Maynard, Jim Wallhead and Lyman Good since joining the Chicago-based promotion in 2010. The 35-year-old judo practitioner finished in ninth place at the 2004 Olympic Games and has won numerous national medals in the sport.

Tirloni, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, is well aware of Hawn’s strengths and believes he has the skills to neutralize them in the cage.

“In this fight with Rick Hawn, I feel like my jiu-jitsu and muay Thai will be my greatest strengths. He has a judo background, so I think he will try to take me down and [use] ground-and-pound. He has heavy hands, and I have to be aware of this,” Tirloni said. “I’m not worried about [his] judo in this fight, because this is MMA, not judo. Even if he is able to take me down, I will use my Brazilian jiu-jitsu. I have a very good guard.”

Tirloni has avoided the judges’ scorecards in 12 of his 14 career triumphs to date, and he hopes to do the same against Hawn.

“I’m coming into this fight looking for the finish,” he said. “I can’t promise that I will finish Rick Hawn, but I can promise that I will be trying to finish him the entire time.”

Ilima Macfarlane expects inaugural Bellator women's flyweight title fight, wants it soon

Ilima Macfarlane has no doubts that, when Bellator introduces its inaugural women’s flyweight championship, she is going to be one half of the title fight. But when?Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Lightweight champ Michael Chandler discusses goals for Bellator 180 and beyond

When it comes to his long-term goals, Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler feels there’s a lot more work to be done.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio, UFC, Videos read news >>

Why Ryan Bader-Phil Davis rematch at Bellator 180 will be better than boring first fight

All evidence pointed toward a boring fight when Ryan Bader and Phil Davis first shared the cage together more than two years ago. It played out as such in practice, but Bader promises the rematch is read news >>

Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Winner Gets Shot at Bellator Belt | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald got some welcome news on Tuesday. They are officially fighting for the promotion's No. 1 contender slot. read news >>

Bellator's Scott Coker willing to hear out Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes on coming back to fight

If UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes want to stage comebacks, Bellator President Scott Coker is certainly willing to hear them out.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Paul Daley-Rory MacDonald winner gets title shot, Bellator chief Scott Coker says

The winner of Bellator 179’s headliner will have a chance to face the victor of the “Bellator: NYC” clash between champ Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin some time between October and November.Filed und read news >>

Bellator 179: Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Media Call Replay | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald field question from the media on a pre-fight conference call in the lead-up to their May 19 bout in London. read news >>

Bellator 179's Paul Daley questions Rory MacDonald's 'warrior' label: Didn't he quit vs. Robbie Lawler?

Although Paul Daley believes he’s fighting one of the world’s top-five welterweights at Bellator 179, he sees little danger in Rory MacDonald’s game: “Well rounded and that’s about it.”Filed under: B read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with Bellator 180's Ryan Couture

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with in-studio guest Ryan Couture, who will co-host with George and Goze.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Michael 'Venom' Page injured, out of Bellator 179 fight with Derek Anderson in London

One of the marquee British stars slated for this month’s Bellator 179 fight card in London has been forced to withdraw due to injury.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>