#Cris Cyborg #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Nate Diaz #Angela Magana #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Jon Jones #UFC 202

01-Evans-Davis-UFConFox-011Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans is very familiar with his UFC 161 opponent Dan Henderson.  He’s been a fan of him for years.

“It is a little strange match-up because of the amount of respect I have for him and how long I’ve been following his career.  But he’s at the top of the game and throughout the years he’s proven he’s one of the best guys in the division still,” Evans said in a recent interview on Fuel TV.  “He has longevity, and he doesn’t seem to be slowing down.  So I’m going to have to slow him down on Saturday.”

In recent fights, Evans has been hesitant in his offense, something that Henderson has pointed out leading up to the fight.  But Evans has focused on changing that and believes there will be no hesitation when he faces Henderson.

“One of the thing I’ve been working on more than anything the last few months since my last fight was just becoming more confident and implementing what I’m good at and just doing what I do.  I seem to have a tendency to overthink a lot of what I’m doing when I’m out there competing.  And when you’re out there competing, thinking is the last thing you really should be doing,” he explained.

“You should just be reacting.  That’s what training is for, so you can train your body to not even think but just react.  So I’m starting to trust myself a little bit more, starting to believe in myself a little bit more, my striking and tools that I’ve got.  And I think I’m coming with a full round game this time,” added Evans.

Henderson is known for his punching power, particularly in his right hand that has been dubbed the “H-bomb.”  Evans is aware of Henderson’s knockout prowess, but he isn’t afraid of it.

“I watch it and I’ve watched it over and over again.  But for the most part, I can’t be afraid to get hit because I think at one point in the fight that I am going to get hit by it.  And I think it’s one of those things where you’re constantly paranoid that you’re going to get hit by it, you’re probably going to get hit by it harder than you think you are,” he said.

“I’m just going to go and fight.  I’ve fought a lot of guys with big right hands.  I’ve fought Rampage (Quinton Jackson).  He has a big right hand.  I’ve fought Chuck Liddell.  He has a big right hand.  So I know I can go in there and get caught by a big right hand and keep on fighting, so I’m not going to make his big right hand a big deal,” said the 33-year-old.

Evans isn’t afraid to throw down with a big puncher, but this isn’t his first rodeo either.

“With that said, I’m not going to circle to the wrong side.  I’m going to avoid it as much as possible,” he said.  “For the most part, I feel that if I get hit with a big right hand that I will be able to keep fighting.”

Alexis Davis unfazed as critics pan UFC Fight Night 108 bout with Cindy Dandois

NASHVILLE – Alexis Davis isn’t going to let some criticism get to her. As a female fighter on MMA’s biggest stage, she’s used to the gripes.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White, Forrest Griffin take CNN on tour of new UFC headquarters

While the full campus isn’t quite open just yet, UFC employees recently made the move into the company’s impressive new headquarters in Las Vegas, and CNN cameras were invited in for a sneak peek of read news >>

UFC titleholder Tyron Woodley returns in July: 'Champ camp just kicked off'

It appears UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will fit a title defense into his busy schedule.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Manager shoots down Germaine de Randamie retirement rumor, says personal issues exist

UFC women’s featherweight champ Germaine de Randamie isn’t retiring, according to her manager, but she is dealing with some issues behind the scenes.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk plans on being two-division titleholder

DALLAS – Strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk is back on some familiar turf this week for her UFC 211 co-headliner. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Why Dana White had reason to laugh after Kevin Lee punched Michael Chiesa at press conference

DALLAS – UFC President Dana White isn’t sure what’s going to happen with Kevin Lee and his upcoming opponent, Michael Chiesa. Still, he could manage a laugh following Friday’s wild “UFC Summer Kickof read news >>

Daniel Cormier Responds to Jon Jones Saying He’s Not a Champion | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier and former titleholder Jon Jones have a storied history. Jones holds a win over Cormier. read news >>

UFC 211 headliner Stipe Miocic: 'I'm not here to make a legacy – I'm here to win'

DALLAS – Stipe Miocic isn’t concerned about what type of legacy he’s going to leave behind after his fighting career is over. However, if his future goes as planned, he knows it will be a good one.Fi read news >>

UFC's Tom Breese announces torn ACL will put him 'out of the game for a while'

It’s been a rough year for UFC middleweight Tom Breese. And unfortunately, it doesn’t appear the challenging times are over.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>