#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Bellator MMA #Lorenz Larkin #Conor McGregor #Gokhan Saki

Rashad EvansFollowing the UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche pre-fight press conference on Feb. 21, UFC president Dana White said the UFC roster has 100 fighters too many.  Multiple fighters have been released by the organization this year, including top ten ranked welterweight Jon Fitch.

Some fighters, rightfully so, are concerned about their job security in the UFC, but former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Rashad Evans, back-to-back fights for the first time in his career, isn’t among them.

Evans faces Dan Henderson at UFC 161, and while confident he’ll win, he’s not worried about being cut if he happens to lose.

“I’m not worried about losing my job.  I’ve put in a lot of good fights in the UFC and I’m confident that I’m not going to lose my next fight, but there is a bit of pressure as an athlete. You need to perform,” said Evans on a recent episode of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV.

“You do wear a little bit of pressure knowing the UFC; they’ve been getting rid of people like that (snapping his fingers).  But at the same time, I’m not worried about getting cut if I lose my fight.  I don’t even like talking about this.  I’m not going to lose my fight, but if I lose I’m not going to be like, I’m not going to worry about getting nixed,” he added.

UFC 161: Barao vs. Wineland takes place at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on June 15. An interim bantamweight title bout between interim titleholder Renan Barao and challenger Eddie Wineland headlines the fight card.

Galleries

Dan Henderson Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC 215 lineup set with 2 title fights in Edmonton, including Demetrious Johnson's quest for record

The lineup is set for the UFC’s return trip to Canada next month, including a pair of title fights at the top of the bill. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Paulie, Canelo, Golovkin: Crossover Fights for Conor McGregor to Consider

Conor McGregor had the most lucrative boxing debut of all time. It's safe to say he has more opportunities than any 0-1 fighter coming off a TKO loss. Given the skills and mettle he showed while surv read news >>

Volkov vs Struve Fantasy Preview

In today's fantasy preview, we'll examine these fights and several more to see who has the advantage going into Saturday's card and who might be primed for an upset at UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Str read news >>

Rashad Evans: How Might Conor McGregor Have Changed the Floyd Mayweather Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Everyone has their opinions about Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor, but not everyone has the fight experience of former UFC champion Rashad Evans. read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

Unbeaten Rob Wilkinson not stressing out about losing one day ahead of UFC Rotterdam

Coming to the UFC at 11-0, and with nine first-round finishes, Australia’s Rob Wilkinson is ready to show his skills at the next level.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Struve believes he's best he's ever been

Almost nine years and 18 fights into his UFC career, Stefan Struve is finally starting to show just how dangerous he can be inside the Octagon. The 29-year-old returns to action Saturday, headlining read news >>

Amanda Nunes knows UFC is punishing her with co-main demotion, isn't worried about it

The women’s bantamweight champion simply plans on going out and defending her title at UFC 215.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After 2-year struggle to get fights, Antonio Paulo Branjao thankful for LFA 21 headliner

“TUF: Brazil 3” alum and LFA 21 headliner Antonio Paulo Branjao hasn’t fought in more than two years, but he hasn’t been idle in training.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Ben Askren on How Losing Taught Him How to Win | MMAWeekly.com

Ben Askren is undefeated, but it has been the hardships in his sporting career that shaped the ONE Championship titleholder. read news >>