#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #Colosseum #Alexander Gustafsson #Shinya Aoki #UFC 211 #Glover Teixeira #Angela Lee #Fight Night Stockholm #The Heavyweight Title Fight #TKO #Istela Nunes #Ben Askren

Randy Couture

Randy Couture’s deal is with Spike TV, not Bellator MMA.

Many people share the misconception that Randy Couture has cut a deal with Bellator MMA. He has not.

The UFC Hall of Famer’s contract is with Spike TV, and just happens to include being a coach on the “Fight Master: Bellator MMA” reality show.  In fact, all of the coaches’ deals are with Spike TV.

“I have to clarify that because my deal is with Spike.  It’s for TV shows, both scripted and unscripted potential shows.  I’ve never been to Bellator.  That was the first time I’ve ever met Bjorn (Rebney), was at the press conference, so I’m not involved in any way, shape, or form with Bellator, just to clarify that,” Couture told Knockout Radio, an MMAWeekly.com official content partner.

“My deal is to train athletes for this reality show that will get the opportunity to fight in the tournament for Bellator, and that’s about the extent of my commitment, at least at this stage of things, with the organization and the promotion of Bellator,” Couture added.

“I think that is a distinction that is largely misunderstood and maybe lost on Dana (White).  He’s not one for details.  But at the end of the day, that’s the reality of it.”

For Couture, the Spike TV deal is an opportunity to pursue his acting career and expand the reach of his brand, as well as mentoring young fighters.

“I think there are some opportunities for some scripted series.  Spike wants to develop some new stuff that’s their own, their own cable-type shows.  You’ve seen FX and a lot of other places that are developing those types of things: The Walking Dead, Justified.  There’s a ton of shows like that out there that are scripted television that are fun.  I enjoy a lot of those shows, so if I get the opportunity to continue to refine and hone my acting skills in that type of setting, it would be crazy for me not to get on board and be part of it,” he said.

UFC president Dana White was not happy with the way Couture handled his transition from the UFC to Spike TV, but Couture and Spike TV knew it would be this way going into the deal.

“I think they understood when they came to me and asked me to get involved in this what it meant to me and what kind of trouble we were in for and what I was in for with regards to Zuffa and Dana.  They had a longstanding, six-and-a-half year relationship with Dana.  They know Dana as well as anybody.

“I think they’ve respected that.  They’ve stepped up with the offer they made me and the commitment they made to me is genuine and very solid,” said Couture. “So I’m happy to be involved.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Dana White: We just lost our date for Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather

Dana White still isn’t ready to guarantee that lightweight champ Conor McGregor will, indeed, square up with boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, but the UFC boss does admit negotiations are far enough al read news >>

Dana White Admits to Why He Lost the Mayweather vs. McGregor Date | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White admits to why he lost his target date for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor. read news >>

Dana White on McGregor vs. Mayweather: 'We Just Lost Our Date' | MMAWeekly.com

Despite denials the fight was even close to being signed, Dana White on Saturday admitted they lost the target date for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor. read news >>

Dana White: Mayweather-McGregor Date 'Lost' to Canelo-GGG

The biggest crossover fight in combat sports history has hit another snag. After months of apparent negotiations and discussions, and the promotional tug of war and complications associated with some read news >>

Dana White: Jon Jones Could Be Setting Records and Fighting at Heavyweight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White says that if he could have stayed out of trouble, Jon Jones would be a record-setting champion and probably fighting heavyweights. read news >>

Why Ryan Bader-Phil Davis rematch at Bellator 180 will be better than boring first fight

All evidence pointed toward a boring fight when Ryan Bader and Phil Davis first shared the cage together more than two years ago. It played out as such in practice, but Bader promises the rematch is read news >>

Dana White Confirms TUF 26 Will Crown Women’s Flyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Tuesday confirmed that the next season of The Ultimate Fighter will launch the women's flyweight division and crown a champion. read news >>

Paul Daley vs. Rory MacDonald Winner Gets Shot at Bellator Belt | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 179 headliners Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald got some welcome news on Tuesday. They are officially fighting for the promotion's No. 1 contender slot. read news >>

Bellator's Scott Coker willing to hear out Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes on coming back to fight

If UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes want to stage comebacks, Bellator President Scott Coker is certainly willing to hear them out.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Paul Daley-Rory MacDonald winner gets title shot, Bellator chief Scott Coker says

The winner of Bellator 179’s headliner will have a chance to face the victor of the “Bellator: NYC” clash between champ Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin some time between October and November.Filed und read news >>