#Conor McGregor #Bellator 179 #UFC 211 #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Jon Jones #UFC 202 #Stipe Miocic #Demian Maia #Junior dos Santos

By David King,

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has had a lot to say about the UFC lately, but it seems like the former light-heavyweight champion is having some second thoughts about his recent comments.

"To be honest, my manager told me I need to learn to keep my mouth shut," Jackson said in an interview with the 'Savage Dog Show'. "He actually told me that this morning. I can say this … it all boils down to this: The UFC is promoting the UFC. They're looking out for themselves. I feel like they promote their brand more than they promote the fighters. … I just feel like the UFC knows when I'm injured, but at the same time, when I don't pull out of a fight and I still fight, I think they should basically more than thank me."

Jackson's manager certainly has a point, considering the fact Jackson's post UFC 144 temper tantrum hasn't exactly gone well with UFC officials and fans alike.

After failing to make weight for his UFC 144 bout with Ryan Bader, Jackson put on pretty dull performance at the Saitama Super Arena. While I do believe Jackson's claim that an injury prevented him from getting his roadwork in, he certainly didn't look like a championship level fighter against Bader. And he simply isn't in a position to be demanding things from the UFC.

Jackson's decision to start a battle with the UFC is a little puzzling, and there is no question serious damage has been done to the relationship between the two parties. Given the way things have gone down, Jackson's next scheduled fight against Mauricio Rua will probably be his last appearance inside the Octagon.

When 100 percent focused, "Rampage" still has a lot of fight left in him. However, he has become very inconsistent over the years, making it very hard to side with him in this saga.

David is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and boxing practitioner that has watched and studied MMA for the past 7 years. Follow him on twitter @davidkingwriter and check out his blog.

Sources:

Sherdog.com, "Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: Rocky Relationship with UFC 'My Fault'"

Fight and fighter information from Sherdog.com

More from the Yahoo! Contributor Network:

Interview: Kenny Florian Wants to Fight the Best Lightweights Around

Chael Sonnen Questions Anderson Silva's Cardio

Anderson Silva Calls Out Dana White

Jose Aldo Still Wants to Fight Frankie Edgar

Munoz Shocked by Bisping-Boetsch Matchup

Note: This article was written by a Yahoo! contributor. Sign up here to start publishing your own sports content.

Eddie Alvarez vs. Dustin Poirier Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

UFC 211 looked like quite an event on paper and, based on the headlining scrap for FX's preliminary action, anyone who felt that way has pretty good instincts about the game. Former UFC lightweight c read news >>

Demian Maia vs. Jorge Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Demian Maia entered UFC 211 with everything on the line. A loss would have crippled his chances at ever getting another UFC title shot, and he was facing a top-tier challenge against Jorge Masvidal a read news >>

After huge UFC 211 win over Aguilar, Cortney Casey reflects on struggles to get recognition

DALLAS – UFC strawweight Cortney Casey thinks lack of love from media and fans might stem from her low-key ways: “I think I get more negative stuff out of it than anything, but I live a simple life.” read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 211

Many believed that Yair Rodriguez vs. Frankie Edgar was a case of too much, too soon for the hot prospect. At UFC 211, those people were proved very, very correct. In a contest so lopsided that it's read news >>

UFC 211 video highlights: Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos

Stipe Miocic didn’t want to go through another five-round war with Junior Dos Santos. Problem solved. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 211 Results: The Real Winners and Losers from Miocic vs. Dos Santos 2

After an extended period of UFC cards of spotty quality, UFC 211 came along and reminded hardcore fans of what the sport's top promotion can do when it really sets its mind to it. The main event was read news >>

Video replay: UFC 211 post-event press conference

DALLAS – Check out a video replay of the UFC 211 post-event news conference.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Fight Tracks: The walkout songs of UFC 211, including Rage, Rob Zombie, 'Kickboxer' and 'Scarface'

See what the fighters of Saturday’s UFC 211 in Dallas went with as their backing tracks.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 211 Athlete Outfitting pay: Champs Miocic, Jedrzejczyk lead highest payout of 2017

DALLAS – Fighters from Saturday’s UFC 211 event took home UFC Athlete Outfitting pay, a program that launched after the UFC’s deal with Reebok, totaling $265,000.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Opening odds for Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 favor ex-UFC champ

As expected Jon Jones has opened as the favorite over his rival and the current UFC light-heavyweight champion, Daniel Cormier.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>