#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Nick Diaz #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Quinton Jackson #Michael Bisping #Pancrase #Rizin Fighting World Grand Prix 2017 #Demetrious Johnson #Fight Night Rotterdam

Quinton Jackson said he can’t be too upset about Tito Ortiz pulling out of their fight at Bellator 106 due to an injury, but “Rampage” was hopeful the organization would find a replacement and keep the event on pay-per-view.

As we reported earlier today, Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) fractured his neck and was forced out of the Nov. 2 headliner with Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), a fellow ex-UFC champ. Bellator MMA officials today announced the injury, as well as the event’s move to Spike TV and the promotion of the co-headliner between lightweight champion Michael Chandler and ex-titleholder Eddie Alvarez to the headlining slot.

However, Jackson told AXS TV’s “Inside MMA” on Friday that he was hoping his fight – and the PPV plans – could be salvaged.

“If I’m going to keep it real, I would have said, ‘Look, throw another opponent at me and still keep the PPV because I trained really hard for this and had my knees fixed,’” he said. “I wanted to show the world and the fans that still support me that I’m back. Everybody thought I was done after I lost my fight to ‘Shogun’ (Rua).

” … Throw somebody else in there like ‘Kimbo Slice,’ Houston Alexander, anyone in Bellator. … People talking about Tyrone Spong – I don’t know his name. Throw anybody in there. I’m ready. I’ll fight anybody. Pull Chuck Liddell out of retirement.”

Jackson was laughing as he said those final two names, but there was little doubt he sincerely wanted to stay on the card. Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney said he hopes to get Jackson a fight soon, though no definitive plans have been set.

Ortiz, meanwhile, isn’t expected back in the cage until 2014.

“I hope Tito has a speedy recovery,” Jackson said. “I know how it is when you’re a warrior and you’ve been injured. Hell, I’ve been injured my last two fights. It’s not a pretty sight. It’s really hard.”

For more on Bellator 106, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.

Comments

Bubba McDaniel replaces 'King Mo' against Liam McGeary at Bellator 185

It didn’t take long for Bellator to find a replacement opponent to step in against former champion Liam McGeary at Bellator 185.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

'King' Mo Lawal Out of Bellator 185, Replacement Sought for Liam McGeary | MMAWeekly.com

A change has been made to the upcoming Bellator 185 card on Oct. 20 as 'King' Mo Lawal has been forced out of his co-main event fight against Liam McGeary with an undisclosed injury. Bellator officia read news >>

Bellator 184 pre-event facts: Eduardo Dantas can take lead in championship-fight wins

For more on the numbers behind Friday’s Bellator 184 fight card, check out 20 pre-event facts.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 184's Westin Wilson, the guy who gets fight advice from his former DEA agent dad

Featherweight Weston Wilson was 17 when his dad moved the family to Brazil. It wasn’t your average relocation – his dad worked for the DEA.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Injury-Free Pat Curran Aching to Overcome a Broken Couple of Years at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

On October 6 in Thackerville, Oklahoma, Pat Curran (22-7) takes on John Teixeira (21-2-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Bellator 184. read news >>

Emmanuel Sanchez Intends to Make a Statement Against Former Champ at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

Emmanuel Sanchez looks to pick up his third straight win when he takes on former champ Daniel Straus in the Bellator 184 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 184's Daniel Straus 'so (expletive) happy' to not fight 'Pitbull,' says 5th fight coming

At Bellator 184, Daniel Straus will stand across the cage from someone other than Patricio Freire for the first time in more than two years.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Fans at Bellator 185 can get a Royce Gracie bobblehead to go next to their Fedor one

Bellator is staying in the bobblehead business this month with another MMA legend.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Watch the Bellator 184 Weigh-in Live at Noon ET | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator 184 takes place at Noon ET on Friday, October 6 in at the WinStar World Casino in Thackerville, Oklahoma. read news >>

Bellator 184 live and official weigh-in results and video stream (noon ET)

Bellator returns to Oklahoma on Friday, and today the fighters will step on the scale for the official weigh-ins. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>