#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Fight Night Rotterdam #Michael Bisping #Darren Till #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva #Demetrious Johnson

Quinton 'Rampage' JacksonQuinton “Rampage” Jackson may be approaching his final fight in the UFC, but he’s definitely taking it seriously.

In the past, Jackson has been accused of taking a somewhat lackadaisical approach to training, and even he has admitted that it’s not easy to get up every day and head to the gym for several hours.

Following his last fight in Japan however, Jackson says he learned a valuable lesson about listening to his body about when to compete and when not to compete, and it’s made him better as he moves forward in his career.

“Me losing my last fight due to an injury to such a weak opponent like Ryan Bader, I’ve got excuses for every loss I have, but you could tell I was injured,” Jackson told Inside MMA on Monday.

“But me losing to a guy like Ryan Bader has really lit a fire up under my ass. Now I’m staying in shape, I’m training all the time.”

A dislocated ankle kept Jackson from facing Glover Teixeira at UFC 153 in Brazil, and that was a clear case of the former UFC champion deciding to worry about health more than stepping into the cage for a fight.

“I’m not fighting injured no more,” said Jackson.

Now healthy again, Jackson has been training non-stop as he awaits word on a date for his next, and possibly final fight, in the UFC against Teixiera. It’s a fight that Jackson wants desperately, and he wants to serve notice that “Rampage” isn’t done just yet.

Jackson has been none too quiet about his desire to test free agency after his next fight in the UFC is over, and while he’s not bashing them as a company, he wants to see what other opportunities exist for him as a fighter and performer.

“I want to see what else is out there, I want to see if the grass is greener on the other side. I want to see. This is the last fight on my contract and I’m going to destroy Glover. My main focus is destroying Glover Teixeira,” said Jackson.

“UFC is a great company, I just don’t feel they are doing great things for me.”

Check out the rest of the interview with “Rampage” Jackson below where he also addresses Chael Sonnen‘s recent placement as TUF 17 coach against Jon Jones:

Galleries

Glover Teixeira Fights

• a year ago

Comments

With a 5-1 UFC run and then back-to-back losses, Alan Jouban is focused on 1 thing

Alan Jouban is expecting to fight again this year after suffering back-to-back losses for the first time in his career.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Derrick Lewis Says He Is 'Not Focused' Heading into UFC 216 Fight Against Werdum

Derrick Lewis is jovial and entertaining on social media, but when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston, Texas, Lewis showed off his heart. And the effects of that storm are still weighing on the UFC heavywe read news >>

Coach Mark Henry says Eddie Alvarez fighting Justin Gaethje at UFC 218 in Detroit

The UFC’s long-awaited return to Detroit is shaping up to be a big card, and now it appears a pair of former champs will grace the lineup.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Knee injury, surgery forces Teemu Packalen from UFC Fight night 118 vs. Marcin Held

The UFC’s return to Poland later this month for UFC Fight Night 118 has taken a hit to one of its featured bouts. Filed under: News read news >>

Tony Ferguson Takes Brock Lesnar's Advice to the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) On Episode 2 of UFC 216 Embedded, interim lightweight title contender Tony Ferguson does some top-secret training with Eddie Bravo before road-tripping to Las Vegas. Opponent Kevin read news >>

UFC 216 Betting Preview: Ferguson vs. Lee, Johnson vs. Borg Odds, Analysis

In a championship bout that was originally set to headline UFC 215 in Edmonton, Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson (26-2-1)—arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter in MMA—will return to the Octagon read news >>

Daniel Cormier Fires Back at Volkan Oezdemir Over Two Minute Warning | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is still awaiting word on his next title defense but all signs are pointing towards a showdown with surging contender Volkan Oezdemir. Oezdemir burst ont read news >>

Max Holloway Inks New Multi-Fight Deal with the UFC Ahead of First Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway wanted a new contract and now he's got it read news >>

UFC 216's Ray Borg says he brings 'will to win' no one has before against Demetrious Johnson

Despite the backlash after a scrapped UFC 215 title fight, Ray Borg says it’s business as usual ahead of UFC 216 against Demetrious Johnson.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 216: Derrick Lewis Rises Against Suddenly Reviled Fabricio Werdum

People love Derrick Lewis. No, seriously. People love him. He's the type of character you'd only ever find in mixed martial arts, a brawling wild man who went from troubled youth to tow truck driver read news >>