#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Jon Jones #Nate Diaz #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Michael Bisping #Round 4 #UFC 215 #Miesha Tate

Quinton Jackson had some incredible moments in Pride.

He debuted in the promotion against Kazushi Sakuraba, upset Igor Vovchanchyn and stopped Chuck Liddell. However, his most memorable moment came in June 2004 when he slammed Ricardo Arona into unconsciousness.

“That was a great moment for me because it was my first fight back since I broke my hand,” Jackson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I was kind of upset at Pride for not giving me a warm-up fight. Arona was a real tough guy, and if you go back and watch that fight, Arona was actually kicking my butt. He was kicking my ass, honestly.”

More specifically, the Brazilian was kicking Jackson’s legs.

“He was giving me those mean leg kicks,” Jackson said. “If Arona would have kicked me in the leg one more time, I probably would have showed the pain and went down. … Out of all the fights I’ve ever been in, even the K-1 fight, Arona had the hardest kicks I ever felt in my life. He was kicking me right in the same spot over and over.”

After the fight moved to the ground, Arona battered “Rampage” with more kicks from his back.

“He dislocated my jaw, and I went down to recover and to block the heel kicks and he told the referee I was knocked out,” Jackson said. “That pissed me off.”

To make matters worse, Arona slapped on a triangle choke. By then, though, Jackson had lost his temper. What followed was one of the most brutal slams in MMA history, as “Rampage” lifted his opponent overhead and powerbombed him back to the mat, ending the fight 7:32 into the first round.

“I just don’t think it’s fair if I lose my temper because honestly, I probably could have killed Arona if his head would have landed wrong, or I could have broke his neck, and that would have been on my conscience for the rest of my life,” Jackson reflected.

“Thank God it only knocked him out and he was OK. That was the only time I ever lost my temper. I just hope I never lose my temper in a fight again.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at :54).

Comments

The Best Mayweather vs. McGregor Gif Goes To... | MMAWeekly.com

The Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Conor McGregor magical mystery tour has brought memorable moments, epic trash talk, times that were absurd. read news >>

The PRIDE 30 - Most Memorable Moments

As the UFC prepares to return to Japan next week, it's the perfect time to revisit the 30 most memorable moments in the history of the iconic PRIDE organization here on UFC.com and on UFC FIGHT PASS. read news >>

So, UFC Bad Guy Mike Perry Wants to Fight Robbie Lawler? That'll Work

Moments after dispatching late replacement opponent Alex Reyes via first-round knockout in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night 116, Mike Perry started strutting around the cage like a rooster. Liter read news >>

Explaining Conor McGregor's 'I Turned Him into a Mexican' Comments

It was a promotion chock-full of offensive moments. And from the instant publicity-tour microphones went live in Los Angeles to the end of the final fight-week presser in Las Vegas, neither Floyd May read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Round-by-Round Highlights and Key Moments of the Fight

Floyd Mayweather Jr. accomplished his mission as he took charge of his boxing match with Conor McGregor after a slow start and then punished his opponent convincingly before stopping him in the 10th read news >>

Super Six - Fabricio Werdum’s Defining Moments

Fabricio Werdum hopes to move one step closer to a shot at regaining the crown when he faces Derrick Lewis at UFC 216. Read on for a look at six of his defining moments. read news >>

UFC 215: Nunes vs. Shevchenko Fight Motion (FULL Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Relive the most thrilling moments of UFC 215: Nunes vs. Shevchenko 2 in super-slow motion in the latest installment of Fight Motion. read news >>

Before ONE Championship 61, watch Alain Ngalani's wild 34-second debut

Before his return to the ONE Championship cage, check out Alain Ngalani wild, memorable and 34-second pro debut.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>