#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #Michael Bisping #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

Bellator Fighting Championships has a valuable commodity in Alexandre Bezerra, a 24-year-old featherweight with star potential.

Bezerra (11-1, 3-0 BFC) will face UFC veteran Douglas Evans in a featherweight matchup at Bellator 57 on Saturday at the Casino Rama in Rama, Ontario, Canada. He has torn through his first three foes inside the promotion, finishing two of them -- Sam Jones and Jesse Gross -- inside one round. However, Bezerra chases perfection, not necessarily violent conclusions.

“I never go into my fights looking for the finish,” he said. “My main focus when I enter the cage is to make as few mistakes as possible. To me, it doesn’t matter how I win, just as long as I win.”

Bezerra (Pictured, File Photo) put away Scott Heckman with second-round punches at Bellator 49 in September and has not gone the distance in more than three years. Heckman entered the cage on a three-fight winning streak and had never before been stopped by strikes. Even so, a tapout remains Bezerra’s ending of choice.

“It definitely feels great to knock my opponent out, but because I came from a Brazilian jiu-jitsu background, I prefer the submission,” he said. “It’s a great feeling to feel another man tap inside the cage.”

On a career-best six-fight winning streak, Bezerra suffered his only professional defeat in 2009, when he submitted to an anaconda choke from current UFC lightweight Charles Oliveira in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Evans, a 31-year-old Alaskan, would like nothing more than to halt his run of success in the cage.

“I don’t think anything about Doug Evans, to be honest,” Bezerra said. “I really don’t know much about him. The opponent is not important. It’s all about me going out there and doing what I’m good at. I’m going to be very aggressive in this fight. I want to send a message with this win over Evans that I’m on the road to becoming the next Bellator featherweight world champion.”

Bezerra does not plan on allowing Evans to interfere with his goals.

“I don’t feel like Doug Evans is standing in my way,” he said. “Honestly, I don’t feel like there’s anyone or anything that can stop me from achieving my dream.”

A spot in the next Bellator 145-pound tournament seems all but a certainty for Bezerra, provided he does not stub his toe against Evans. He has his sights set on promotional gold, which currently rests around the waist of Joe Warren.

“Winning that Bellator title is going to mean everything to me,” Bezerra said. “It’s going to show that all the hard work and sacrifices I’ve had to go through to get there had been worth it.”

Comments

Gegard Mousasi targets 205-pound division after he captures Bellator middleweight title

• a day ago

Gegard Mousasi’s potential reign in the Bellator middleweight division may be short lived.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Videos read news >>

Bellator commentator Jimmy Smith: MMA loves Heather Hardy because she has 'it' factor

• 15 hours ago

WBC international champ Heather Hardy loves MMA, and MMA loves her back.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

5 reasons to watch Bellator 185, where Gegard Mousasi looks to establish dominance

• 13 hours ago

Gegard Mousasi, making his Bellator debut, has an ambitious plan in place that he will attempt to put into motion vs. Alexander Shlemenko.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Bellator 185's Heather Hardy, Ana Julaton start the dance toward eventual fight

• 12 hours ago

It’s probably not by accident that Heather Hardy and Ana Julaton are fighting on the Bellator 185 main card – just not against each other.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 185 headliner Alexander Shlemenko: Win over Gegard Mousasi already makes me champ

• 11 hours ago

It’s no secret ex-champ Alexander Shlemenko would like to fast-track his way back to the Bellator middleweight belt against Gegard Mousasi.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi Reveals his Bellator Hit List Including Two Titles and Rory MacDonald | MMAWeekly.com

• 11 hours ago

Gegard Mousasi is just about to step into a Bellator cage for the first time on Friday night, but the former UFC middleweight contender already has big plans for his new fight home. Mousasi signed wi read news >>

Bellator 185 weigh-in results: Gegard Mousasi, Alexander Shlemenko official for main event

• 10 hours ago

The Bellator 185 official weigh-ins are in the books, and the headliners are official for their middleweight contenders fight.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 185 ceremonial weigh-ins live stream (5 p.m. ET) and official results

• 17 hours ago

Bellator returns to one of its favorite venues Friday, and today the fighters will step on the scale for the fans at the ceremonial weigh-ins. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 185: Mousasi vs Shlemenko Live Weigh-in Stream | MMAWeekly.com

• 10 hours ago

(Courtesy of Bellator MMA) Watch the Bellator 185: Mousasi vs Shlemenko live weigh-in stream, Thursday at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT on MMAWeekly.com. TRENDING > What's Next for Conor McGregor? (Video) Be read news >>

Bellator 185's Jordan Young wants to go viral with a knockout

• 10 hours ago

After escaping Hurricane Irma, Bellator 185’s Jordan Young is ready to reign down punishment on Alec Hooben and “go viral” with a knockout.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>