#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Bellator 183 #Gokhan Saki #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Takanori Gomi #Dong Hyun Kim

Paul DaleyFollowing a close split-decision loss to Kazuo Misaki and his eventual release from Strikeforce, welterweight knockout artist Paul “Semtex” Daley is looking to move on and start a new chapter in his career.

“I’ve put that behind me,” said Daley. “I have my opinions on the fight, but it doesn’t matter now because it’s marked down on my record and there’s nothing I can do. The judges made their decision, there’s no appealing the commission, and so what’s done is done.

“I’ve had a lot of discrepancies in recent fights, but I’m not one to dwell on them. The fans enjoyed the fight, they know what I’m capable of, they have their opinion and I have my opinion. We just move on to the next.”

And what is next for Daley is his debut at Bellator 72 on Friday night in Tampa, Fla., against veteran Rudy Bears in what could be an explosive showdown if previous trends hold true. (Bellator 72 streams live on MMAWeekly.com.)

“If you look at the promotions (I debuted in) my starts have all been KOs,” said Daley. “If history is anything to go by, then it’s another knockout, but I’m not too worried about it. Rudy Bears is a tough guy, but I’ve trained hard and he hasn’t fought anybody of my caliber or faced the level of competition that I have.

“I’m obviously the favorite, but this is MMA and anything can happen, so I’ve got to be sharp and that I’m not too overconfident. I’m just there to take him as an individual fighter and not look at anything that came before.”

Daley pointed out to MMAWeekly.com that he while he doesn’t try to force a finish, it can be almost inevitable considering his skills.

“I throw my punches when I feel they’re going to land and when I feel they’re going to do damage; I don’t like to waste much,” said Daley. “I’m confident when something lands you’re going to get knocked out or you’re going to get knocked down and I’m going to ground and pound you or get a submission.

“I don’t think there’s anybody that hasn’t dropped by a clean shot. Everybody has at least dropped, even if I don’t get the finish immediately off that; everybody goes down. We’re going to bring the bad news to Rudy and I think he’s in for a rude awakening when I hit him.”

Having previously contended for championships in other promotions, Daley is willing to put in the work to get a title shot in Bellator.

“I definitely want to go through the tournament,” said Daley. “I’m old school MMA. I grew up on Pride’s tournaments with the confetti falling down and that’s still one of my greatest dreams. Bellator is as close to that as you get to a Pride GP nowadays. So to go through the tournament, win, get the big check and have all the silver bits falling down, is something that I want to do and something I can achieve.

“Every fight is a big fight for me. I’ve got a lot of not so much pressure, but I like to see my development and where I’m at. This year is the biggest year, and next year’s going to be (even bigger). I just want to get back busy, get back winning and get back entertaining.”

For more MMA News and MMA Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Paul Daley Fights

• 4 months ago

Comments

Bellator 182 post-event facts: Unbeaten A.J. McKee makes history

Go inside the numbers from this past Friday’s Bellator 182 event in Verona, N.Y., which saw featherweight A.J. McKee set a new standard.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Paul Daley's Flying Knee KO of Brennan Ward (Full Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Look back at Bellator 170 Paul Daley vs. Brennan Ward in it's entirety at Bellator 170. And don't miss Paul Daley's upcoming fight against Lorenz Larkin. read news >>

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin despises Paul Daley: 'I've never not liked somebody like this guy'

Lorenz Larkin is not a fan of Bellator 183 opponent Paul Daley – and that’s putting it lightly.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Paul Daley: Bellator 183 foe Lorenz Larkin 'below the level of fighter that I'm used to fighting'

Suffice to say, Paul Daley doesn’t think too highly of Lorenz Larkin.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Why you should really pay attention to Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

There are certain fights that bring out your inner-fan, and Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183 is one of them. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin gives origin story of Paul Daley beef

Lorenz Larkin sees no need to dress up his fight with Paul Daley, and that’s his problem with the British striker. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Adam Piccolotti Plans To Put It All Together Against Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 183 | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

On September 23, Adam Piccolotti (9-0) will step into the cage for the first time in 10 months when he takes on Goiti Yamauchi (21-3) at Bellator 183. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Paul Daley's wild knockout of Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

• 12 hours ago

See the top Twitter reacts to Paul Daley’s knockout of Lorenz Larkin in the Bellator 183 co-main event.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 183 results: Paul Daley lays out Lorenz Larkin

• 12 hours ago

An inventive combination served as the last word in Paul Daley’s rivalry with Lorenz Larkin.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Bellator 183's Paul Daley: Only Nick Diaz and Douglas Lima were men of their word

• a day ago

A lot of fighters talk a big game, but Paul Daley said only Nick Diaz and Douglas Lima walked the walk after talking the talk.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>