#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Bellator MMA #Conor McGregor #Paul Daley

Pat Healy announced Tuesday in an official statement through his management that he tested positive for marijuana at UFC 159.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, its fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy wrote. “I was fully aware of the UFC and state commission’s drug policies, and [I] made poor life choices.

“I stand behind the UFC and the state commission's disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete. First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana, and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and state commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Sherdog.com reached Healy for comment on Tuesday evening, and the lightweight confirmed that he has been suspended for 90 days, while his victory will be changed to a no-contest. However, Sherdog.com was unable to verify that information with New Jersey State Athletic Control Board counsel Nick Lembo, who declined to comment on the matter at this time.

Healy, 29, upset the favored Miller at UFC 159, stopping the highly-regarded New Jersey native with a third-round rear-naked choke at the April 27 event, which took place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. The victory marked the seventh straight triumph for Healy, who earned his first UFC win following nearly seven years away from the promotion. The performance netted the Oregonian $130,000 in post-fight bonus money, as Healy took home both “Submission of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” honors.

Comments

Jon Jones' B Sample Reportedly Tests Positive for PEDs from UFC 214

UFC fighter Jon Jones' B sample reportedly tested positive for a banned substance. Brett Okamoto of ESPN.com reported the news Tuesday, noting the B sample was for Jones' failed drug test from July 2 read news >>

Here's the official poster for UFC 216, featuring Tony Ferguson looming over Kevin Lee

Check out the official poster for UFC 216, featuring an interim lightweight title affair and a heavyweight co-headliner.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Official Fight Poster Released (PHOTO) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 216 appears to be remaining as the Tony Ferguson vs. Kevin Lee show as the official fight poster was unveiled. read news >>

CSAC overturns Jon Jones' title win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 214

In the wake of Jon Jones’ “B” sample positive, the California State Athletic Commission has overturned his win over Daniel Cormier at UFC 214.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko explains scoring flaws in lengthy statement on UFC 215 loss to Amanda Nunes

Valentina Shevchenko is still befuddled over the judges decision in her UFC 215 title-fight loss to Amanda Nunes.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko Issues Lengthy Statement Blasting UFC 215 Scoring | MMAWeekly.com

Valentina Shevchenko is not going quietly after dropping a split decision to Amanda Nunes. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg Fight Rebooked for UFC 216

Ray Borg will get a chance at Demetrious Johnson after all. The UFC announced Wednesday the two will fight at UFC 216 in Las Vegas on Oct. 7. This comes after Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting reported F read news >>

Brian Kelleher vs. Damian Stasiak official for UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

Get ready, Poland. Brian Kelleher is coming.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis Announced as UFC Virginia Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

Though it has been expected for quite some time, Dustin Poirier vs. Anthony Pettis on Wednesday was officially named the UFC Fight Night 120 main event. read news >>

Anthony Pettis vs. Dustin Poirier official as UFC Fight Night 120 headliner

A lightweight showdown between Anthony Pettis and Dustin Poirier is on for UFC-Norfolk in November.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>