#UFC 216 #Conor McGregor #Nick Diaz #Tony Ferguson #Nate Diaz #Quinton Jackson #Rizin 7 #GSP #Pancrase #Kevin Lee

Pat Curran will return to the cage on April 4 to defend his Bellator featherweight championship against Daniel Straus at Bellator 95.

Promotion officials announced the booking Wednesday, also confirming that former welterweight champion Lyman Good will compete against Dante Rivera and UFC veteran Tom DeBlass will face Carlos Brooks. A women’s bout between Jessica Eye and Munah Holland will also go down at the event, which takes place at Revel in Atlantic City, N.J., and airs live on Spike TV.

Curran’s April 4 meeting with Straus marks the second time the men will oppose each other in the cage. The featherweights first met in 2009 in the Illinois-based Xtreme Fighting Organization, with Curran collecting a second-round knockout.

Curran, 25, joined Bellator the following year and won the Season 2 lightweight tournament before coming up short against then-champion Eddie Alvarez. The setback prompted Curran to cut to 145 pounds, where he has won five straight fights. The two-division tournament winner wrested Bellator’s featherweight title from Joe Warren last year and successfully defended it for the first time on Jan. 17, taking a hard-fought unanimous decision victory from Patricio Freire in Bellator’s inaugural bout on Spike TV.

“This may end up being the most challenging fight I’ve faced up to this point,” Curran stated in a release. “Daniel is going to make for a very tough challenge, but I know what I’m capable of. I feel like I’m always growing as a fighter, and the sky is really the limit for me. I’ve got the belt, and I’m not letting anyone take it away from me.”

Straus, 28, has lost just once since his 2009 defeat to Curran, falling in the Season 4 tournament finals to Freire. Five straight wins would follow the loss, as Straus captured the Season 6 crown and most recently dominated UFC veteran Alvin Robinson en route to a second-round submission this past October at Bellator 78.

“Fighting for the Bellator featherweight title against Pat just signifies how my career has come full circle,” Straus said. “It was my loss to Pat that motivated me to become a better fighter. Now I get to see how much better I’ve actually gotten. Getting a chance to show my skills on Spike TV is a huge opportunity for me. The stage keeps getting bigger, and the viewers are growing. I welcome the challenge to perform well in front of millions against one of the world’s best featherweights. I feel I have a lot to provide in this fight, and I intend on doing so.”

Comments

What to watch for when Benson Henderson returns vs. Patricky Freire in Bellator 183's headliner

What Benson Henderson and Patricky “Pitbull” Freire need to do to win in Saturday’s Bellator 183 headliner.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Pat Curran vs. John Teixeira among 3 additions to next month's Bellator 184

A featherweight scrap between former Bellator champ Pat Curran and Brazilian veteran John Teixeira is among three additions recently made official for next month’s Bellator 184 event.Filed under: Bel read news >>

'King Mo' Lawal out of Bellator 185 co-headliner against Liam McGeary

Injuries continue to plague Muhammed Lawal, this time forcing him out of his Bellator 185 co-main event bout with Liam McGeary.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 184's Daniel Straus 'so (expletive) happy' to not fight 'Pitbull,' says 5th fight coming

At Bellator 184, Daniel Straus will stand across the cage from someone other than Patricio Freire for the first time in more than two years.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Pat Curran returns at Bellator 184, but how long will he stick around?

Pat Curran’s long layoff ahead of Bellator 184 forced him to figure out life without and after fighting.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 184 post-event facts: Pat Curran flirts with Bellator's all-time wins record

Check out all the facts, figures and footnotes from Bellator 184, which took place this past Friday in Thackerville, Okla.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Injury-Free Pat Curran Aching to Overcome a Broken Couple of Years at Bellator 184 | MMAWeekly.com

On October 6 in Thackerville, Oklahoma, Pat Curran (22-7) takes on John Teixeira (21-2-2) in a main card 145-pound bout at Bellator 184. read news >>

Bellator 184 results: Ex-champ Pat Curran tops John Teixeira after lengthy layoff

Pat Curran returned after a layoff in excess of 500 days and took a unanimous decision from John Teixeira at Bellator 184.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Zach Makovsky doesn't have plan beyond ACB 72 headliner vs. Yoni Sherbatov

Former UFC veteran and Bellator champion Zach Makovsky isn’t sure what his fighting future holds.Filed under: News, Radio, Videos read news >>

Bellator 184 results: Emmanuel Sanchez taps former champ Daniel Straus in third

Emmanuel Sanchez picked up the biggest win of his Bellator career with a third-round submission of former champion Daniel Straus.Filed under: News read news >>