#Dynasty of Heroes #Conor McGregor #Fight One #UFC 211 #Ben Askren #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Nate Diaz #Justin Buchholz #Jon Jones #Angela Lee #Shinya Aoki #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Duane Ludwig #Istela Nunes

Pat Curran will return to the cage on April 4 to defend his Bellator featherweight championship against Daniel Straus at Bellator 95.

Promotion officials announced the booking Wednesday, also confirming that former welterweight champion Lyman Good will compete against Dante Rivera and UFC veteran Tom DeBlass will face Carlos Brooks. A women’s bout between Jessica Eye and Munah Holland will also go down at the event, which takes place at Revel in Atlantic City, N.J., and airs live on Spike TV.

Curran’s April 4 meeting with Straus marks the second time the men will oppose each other in the cage. The featherweights first met in 2009 in the Illinois-based Xtreme Fighting Organization, with Curran collecting a second-round knockout.

Curran, 25, joined Bellator the following year and won the Season 2 lightweight tournament before coming up short against then-champion Eddie Alvarez. The setback prompted Curran to cut to 145 pounds, where he has won five straight fights. The two-division tournament winner wrested Bellator’s featherweight title from Joe Warren last year and successfully defended it for the first time on Jan. 17, taking a hard-fought unanimous decision victory from Patricio Freire in Bellator’s inaugural bout on Spike TV.

“This may end up being the most challenging fight I’ve faced up to this point,” Curran stated in a release. “Daniel is going to make for a very tough challenge, but I know what I’m capable of. I feel like I’m always growing as a fighter, and the sky is really the limit for me. I’ve got the belt, and I’m not letting anyone take it away from me.”

Straus, 28, has lost just once since his 2009 defeat to Curran, falling in the Season 4 tournament finals to Freire. Five straight wins would follow the loss, as Straus captured the Season 6 crown and most recently dominated UFC veteran Alvin Robinson en route to a second-round submission this past October at Bellator 78.

“Fighting for the Bellator featherweight title against Pat just signifies how my career has come full circle,” Straus said. “It was my loss to Pat that motivated me to become a better fighter. Now I get to see how much better I’ve actually gotten. Getting a chance to show my skills on Spike TV is a huge opportunity for me. The stage keeps getting bigger, and the viewers are growing. I welcome the challenge to perform well in front of millions against one of the world’s best featherweights. I feel I have a lot to provide in this fight, and I intend on doing so.”

Paul Daley-Rory MacDonald winner gets title shot, Bellator chief Scott Coker says

The winner of Bellator 179’s headliner will have a chance to face the victor of the “Bellator: NYC” clash between champ Douglas Lima and Lorenz Larkin some time between October and November.Filed und read news >>

Bellator 179 weigh-in results, video: Paul Daley, Rory MacDonald cleared for headliner

Former UFC title challenger Rory MacDonald has been cleared for his Bellator debut, where he’ll take on British slugger Paul Daley in the headlining bout of Bellator 179.Filed under: Bellator, Featur read news >>

Rory MacDonald was hoping Paul Daley would 'lip a little more' before Bellator 179 headliner

Rory MacDonald has been a little disappointed with Paul Daley’s trash talk ahead of their Bellator 179 main event on Friday.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Defining fights: Bellator 179 headliner Paul 'Semtex' Daley

British welterweight star Paul “Semtex” Daley will step into the Bellator cage on Friday night looking to defeat Rory MacDonald and claim the biggest scalp of his MMA career. Read more about the figh read news >>

Rory MacDonald says to expect a 'very violent version' of 'The Red King' at Bellator 179

LONDON – Rory MacDonald says he’s unconcerned with Paul Daley questioning his heart and says it’ll be the Brit who’s forced to quit when the pair meet on Friday night at Bellator 179.Filed under: Bel read news >>

Liam McGeary, Linton Vassell set friendship aside for Bellator 179 title-eliminator

Liam McGeary and Linton Vassell consider each other friends in the truest sense of the word. However, that’s not going to prevent them from tearing apart each other in pursuit of the next Bellator li read news >>

Ahead of her Invicta FC 23 headliner, check out a 19-year-old Agnieszka Niedzwiedcz tearing up the regional scene

On Saturday, undefeated Polish prospect Agnieszka Niedzwiedcz meets Brazilain flyweight Vanessa Porto in the main event of Invicta FC 23. Check out some of Niedzwiedcz’s previous work.Filed under: Ca read news >>

Paul Daley questions Rory MacDonald's 'warrior mentality' ahead of Bellator 179 clash

LONDON – Paul Daley has once again questioned Rory MacDonald’s durability ahead of their welterweight clash at Bellator 179.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Rory MacDonald Looking to Take Over Two Bellator Weight Classes | MMAWeekly.com

Rory MacDonald is looking to take over two Bellator weight classes, starting with Paul Daley at welterweight on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 179 is Set After Paul Daley and Rory MacDonald Make Weight | MMAWeekly.com

After making weight, former UFC welterweight contender Rory MacDonald will finally make his Bellator debut opposite Paul Daley at Bellator 179 on Friday. read news >>