Both fighters recently confirmed their releases via Twitter.
The contract terminations come after a busy stretch for the UFC, which has been trimming its roster throughout the year.
Garza’s release follows a recent 1-3 run. The former WEC fighter opened his UFC career with back-to-back stoppages wins over Fredson Paixao and Yves Jabouin, both of which earned fight-night bonuses. Since then, though, he’s suffered losses to Dustin Poirier, Dennis Bermudez and Diego Brandao with a lone win over former title challenger Mark Hominick.
The North Dakota-based Garza (12-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) said he’s going to concentrate on jiu-jitsu competitions and coaching, but he’s left open the door for a possible UFC return.
So, too, has Carvalho (15-6 MMA, 2-2 UFC), who was cut after a TKO loss to Darren Elkins. Prior to the March setback, the Canadian fighter had posted wins over Daniel Pineda and Rodrigo Damm. In fact, before his loss to Elkins, Carvalho was on a 5-1 run, and the lone defeat came in his UFC debut with Felipe Arantes.
Although the UFC doesn’t officially announce its list of cuts, many fighters confirm them via social media.
(Pictured: Pablo Garza)view original article >>
Al Iaquinta may not be the UFC’s favorite fighter right now, but he’s making a heck of an impression on social media.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
With Anderson Silva recently threatening retirement, UFC president Dana White said that the former champ probably should just go ahead and do it. read news >>
Interested in seeing two fighters meet in the UFC? Tweet them. You never know what might happen.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
On May 4, the UFC sent out a press release informing the world that a new season of The Ultimate Fighter would crown the inaugural women's flyweight champion. Hours later, UFC President Dana White to read news >>
The lineup at UFC 212 in Brazil recently lost arguably its biggest name, but the lineup continues to build below what would’ve been Anderson Silva. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Anderson Silva is officially off the UFC 212 fight card. UFC officials announced Silva would be taken off the card Thursday, per MMA Junkie, days after the Brazilian legend announced it himself. "I r read news >>
The recently announced UFC Fight Night event slated for Aug. 5 in Mexico City now has a headlining bout. read news >>
The oft-rumored signing of Dutch kickboxing standout Gokhan Saki has come to fruition.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
The Bellator roster added another notable name today with the signing of heavyweight veteran Roy Nelson.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, UFC read news >>
Check out the first fight between current heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos, which won Fight of the Night honors back in 2014. read news >>