Jacare-Souza-019-SF-478x270Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza remained undefeated in the UFC with a first-round TKO victory over Yushin Okami at UFC Fight Night 28 on Wednesday night in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

The former Strikeforce middleweight champion is now in the mix in the UFC’s 185-pound division and is willing to fight anyone, except teammate and former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Silva was granted a rematch with Chris Weidman after his loss earlier in the year. The rematch will take place this December, and if he’s successful it will create a dilemma: whether or not the UFC will match the Black House training partners.

“That’s something I can’t think about,” Jacare said when asked about fighting Silva. “It’s up to the UFC. Anderson is someone I don’t want to fight. He’s someone who is in my camp. He helps me and I also help him.

“I wouldn’t be a good character if I said I wanted to fight him, but I’m a UFC fighter and I hope the UFC never gives us this fight, but I’m ready to face anyone in the world in my weight class and in 205 (pounds) also,” he continued.

“I’m ready for anyone. I’m not going to ask for fights. I’m going to go to camp, I’m going to train, and I’m going to be ready to face any opponent because I’m an employee who loves to work.”

Former UFC title challenger Bethe Correia: 'I feel I'm better than any girl in the bantamweight division'

Onetime title challenger Bethe Correia wants to knock out Marion Reneau in Fortaleza and then face whomever will get her closer to a new shot at the belt: “Maybe Cat Zingano, that would be a great fi read news >>

New division unleashed: Check out the 'UFC 208: Holm vs. De Randamie' extended preview

The UFC returns to New York for the third time in 14 weeks when it brings UFC 208 to Brooklyn next month. Check out the extended video preview for the event inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Anderson Silva Would Like Michael Bisping Rematch | MMAWeekly.com

Anderson Silva is slated to return opposite Derek Brunson at UFC 208, but he'd really like to get another fight with Michael Bisping. read news >>

Ex-UFC-champ Anderson Silva talks dreams of action movie stardom, Netflix show, Hollywood auditions

RIO DE JANEIRO – After breaking records and establishing himself as one of the biggest MMA fighters of all time, Anderson is actively pursuing other types of stardom.Filed under: Featured Videos, New read news >>

Is the UFC's women's bantamweight division set for a return to nicer, bleaker days?

The next UFC women’s bantamweight title fight appears to be set, but as champion Amanda Nunes faced off with Valentina Shevchenko after UFC on FOX 23, one didn’t get the sense that we were looking at read news >>

Is Francis Ngannou the Next UFC Heavyweight Champion? (UFC on FOX 23) | MMAWeekly.com

Francis Ngannou has stormed into the UFC heavyweight division. Is he the next great UFC heavyweight champion? read news >>

Cerrone vs. Masvidal Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

Donald Cerrone’s Cinderella march through the welterweight division encountered its first bit of adversity Saturday at UFC on Fox 23. Jorge Masvidal dashed Cerrone’s four-fight winning streak at 170 read news >>

Dana White Admits UFC Created Women's 145 Division for Cris Cyborg | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White has admitted that he created the women's featherweight division for Cris Cyborg. Now that she's on the sidelines, what comes next? read news >>

Former champ Holly Holm on UFC 208 145-pound title headliner: Each division has to start somewhere

As former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Holly Holm points out, she didn’t really have a division before Ronda Rousey fought at UFC 157. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva wants fights with UFC champs McGregor and Bisping – but won't fight Brit in England

RIO DE JANEIRO – Former UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva has a fight scheduled with Derek Brunson, but he’s already got his sights on a couple of different opponents.Filed under: Featured, Featu read news >>