#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Bellator 185 #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Kristina Williams #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Bellator MMA #Heather Hardy #Sam Alvey

Brock Larson UFC FN 18During a stretch in late 2010 to mid-2012, former UFC welterweight Brock Larson went through the roughest stretch in his 10-year career when he lost three of four fights.

According to Larson, years of constant training and fighting finally caught up with him. And after a short break, he was able to get things back on track, winning two fights in a row to close out 2012.

“I was just mentally tired, my body was tired and I was pushing through a lot of fights, which at my level wasn’t working out too well for me,” he said. “I took a step back a little bit, got a resurgence and started kicking butt.

“My body kind of took a beating and I didn’t really realize it. When I was younger I could do that. I could train like a madman and fight like a madman, but as I got a little older I realized that I needed to change a little bit of the training and separate the fights a little bit more.”

During a brief break, Larson also managed to take time to train with the American Top Team, but as he told MMAWeekly.com, while training with other teams is beneficial, just going somewhere new is not instantly a cure-all fix for problems in a fighter’s career.

“I’ve been out to AKA, out to Matt Hume’s, down to Brazil to BTT and the Nogueira brothers’ gym and a lot of other gyms, and a lot of it is all the same,” said Larson. “There’s no magic potion, there’s no magic moves; it’s a matter of having the right bodies and working hard.”

Larson will look to continue his winning ways this Friday when he takes on Eduardo Pamplona at Resurrection Fighting Alliance 6 on Friday night live on AXS TV from Kansas City, Kan.

“Eduardo’s last fight didn’t go so well for him, and his chin is a little bit suspect, so I’m going to try to get my hands on him on the feet, and if that doesn’t work out, I’ll take him to the mat and beat him down there,” said Larson.

“I don’t know if I’m better anywhere or not, but my opinion is that I think that either way the fight goes, I’ll be a bit more dominant. My wrestling ability allows me to still come forward and deal with takedowns very well, where if he comes forward too hard, he’ll give up a takedown. That’s our big difference is in wrestling ability; I’ll have the ability to dictate where it goes.”

At this point in his career, Larson was asked if there are still goals he wants to achieve, he told MMAWeekly.com, “I’ve never really had goals.

“When I got into this sport I never said I wanted to fight in the UFC or fight for a world title or any of that, it just kind of happened. That’s kind of how I do things. I take a fight, figure out what I need to do to with that fight, put my body in position to try to do such a thing, get my team rocking and rolling and rallied up behind me and go out there and do it.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest UFC and MMA news and fight coverage.

Comments

Adam Piccolotti Plans To Put It All Together Against Goiti Yamauchi at Bellator 183 | MMAWeekly.com

On September 23, Adam Piccolotti (9-0) will step into the cage for the first time in 10 months when he takes on Goiti Yamauchi (21-3) at Bellator 183. read news >>

Claudia Gadelha has 'no excuses' for UFC-Japan loss, plans for time off

Claudia Gadelha plans to take a hiatus from competition following a “Fight of the Night” loss to Jessica Andrade at UFC Fight Night 117. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Matchmaker Says Khabib Nurmagomedov Was Offered Tony Ferguson at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby reveals plans were in motion for Ferguson vs. Nurmagomedov in November read news >>

Matt Brown: 'It's Time for Diego Sanchez to Retire and I Think I'm Going to Retire Him' | MMAWeekly.com

Matt Brown plans on two UFC careers coming to an end in November read news >>

UFC Plans to Donation to Aid Victims of Las Vegas Shooting | MMAWeekly.com

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is planning to make a sizable donation to aid the victims of Sunday's tragic shooting in Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC 216's Kevin Lee intends to prove he's not 'all talk' against 'weird dude' Tony Ferguson

Kevin Lee plans to be the one to back up all his trash talk when he steps in the octagon vs. Tony Ferguson at UFC 216.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dunham plans to be appreciated for working way through ranks

"I think the best thing to do is put your real foot forward and let people appreciate you for who you really are. I think after I put Dariush away, I should be in a good position," Dunham said. read news >>

Manager: Henry Cejudo will fight Sergio Pettis at UFC 218 despite injuries, lost Olympic medal in fire

Henry Cejudo still plans to fight at UFC 218 despite burning his foot and losing key personal items while escaping the California wildfires.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Darren Till's simple plan? Be the 'greatest fighter that ever fought in MMA'

Darren Till’s immediate plans? To knock out Donald Cerrone in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 118 headliner. After that? “I want to be remembered as the greatest fighter that ever fought in MMA.”Filed und read news >>

Donald Cerrone Couldn’t Pick Darren Till Out of a Line-Up, but He’ll Gladly Knock Him Out

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone plans on giving undefeated British phenom Darren Till a reality check when they square off in the 5 round main event at Fight Night Gdansk read news >>