Dana White has reportedly offered MMA bad boy Nick Diaz an octagon return, in the form of a middleweight matchup with former light heavyweight champ Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida.
Diaz (26-9) was last seen being manhandled by Georges St. Pierre in a failed welterweight title shot in Montreal in March. Following that bout, the 30 year old called it a career and former his own promotion, WAR MMA, in California. Rumors of a UFC return have circulated for weeks now.
The 35 Machida (19-3) is of course coming off a controversial decision loss earlier this month to Phil “Mr. Wonderful” Davis at UFC 163 in Brazil. He has contemplated a move down to middleweight in recent weeks, setting up a possible run-in with Diaz in that division.
Recent talk has speculated that Machida would face Vitor Belfort next, but Belfort has balked at taking that middleweight fight, instead wanting to wait it out for a title shot.
Time will tell what Diaz plans to do, but odds are that we will see him back in the UFC where he belongs sometime this fall.view original article >>
Alexander Gustafsson talks about title shots, marriage proposals, and his impressive win over Glover Teixeira following Sunday's event in Stockholm, Sweden. read news >>
Could Anthony Johnson’s MMA retirement be short-lived?Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
As the dust settles on a rocky few years for Alexander Gustafsson, he once again finds himself sitting pretty in the UFC light heavyweight division. Credit some of that good fortune to the puddle-sha read news >>
Dana White isn't going to try and stop Conor McGregor from boxing Floyd Mayweather, even though he thinks there is a chance that he could lose his biggest star. read news >>
UFC President Dana White had harsh words for boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya after De La Hoya was critical of the proposed superfight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather. In an interview with read news >>
UFC president Dana White calls BS on Oscar De La Hoya's comments about Conor McGregor boxing Floyd Mayweather, which is a flip of what he said in the past. read news >>
UFC President Dana White told reporters Wednesday he thinks a 50-50 purse split for the proposed boxing match between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. would be "pretty fair." "We haven't even read news >>
Oscar De La Hoya wrote an impassioned Facebook post last week against Mayweather-McGregor, which, as you can imagine, did not go over well with UFC President Dana White.Filed under: Featured, News, U read news >>
Is an even split in money realistic for the proposed fight between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
UFC President Dana White said he can’t understand why UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson would turn down the opportunity to get a piece of pay-per-view revenue for the first time in his career read news >>