#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

Nick Diaz has a message for UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.

“To be honest, I’d like a rematch,” Diaz said in an interview with Fox Sports after falling via unanimous decision in the main event of UFC 158 at Bell Centre in Montreal. “Georges St. Pierre, if you would give me a rematch, I’d really appreciate it, because I think I can beat you.”

Just moments after seeing the UFC champion’s hand raised, Diaz said he was contemplating leaving mixed martial arts in a post-fight interview reminiscent to the one he gave following a defeat to Carlos Condit last year.

“Like I said, I’m trying to retire and get out of this gig, but I would like a rematch [with St. Pierre],” Diaz told Fox Sports. “I think I can beat you, I really do. I think I can stop the takedowns in the first two rounds, and you’d have to fight me the whole fight, and I think I’d beat you. I’m not hurt.”

Diaz found himself on the bottom during much of the bout’s opening 10 minutes, with St. Pierre using jabs and superman punches to upset the Californian’s timing and set up double-leg takedowns.

“I think I could have stopped the takedowns. I think I could have gotten the takedowns, come to think of it. I was just really flat,” said Diaz. “I slept like all the way until eight o’clock at night. This Canada thing, I knew it was going to be something to deal with, but I didn’t know if the sleep that I was getting today was going to work with me or against me. The third and fourth round, I felt real good. The fifth round, I was a little worn out, but the first two rounds, I think I was just moving really slow. I was hoping for a knockout.”

Diaz did have his moments in rounds three and four, catching the champion with flurries of clean punches to the head and body. Ultimately, however, St. Pierre continued with his takedown attack and stifled much of Diaz’s ground game, earning scores of 50-45 in a clean sweep with the cageside judges. Though Diaz believes his business with St. Pierre remains unfinished, the former Strikeforce titlist does not appear certain that his request will be granted.

“If I don’t get a rematch, then who am I going to fight? I’m not going to fight any of these guys out here. They came in after me. Georges is the only one,” said Diaz. “I’ve done everything I set out to do. I’ve fought everybody who started when I did in my era. I don’t want to get in there and jump around with these new kids. I don’t think Georges wants to fight Anderson Silva. I really don’t think he does, so if he [doesn’t], and they make that Johny Hendricks [match], Johny Hendricks is probably going to get worked. Whatever happens there, I’ll take a rematch if I can get it. I doubt he’ll give me one. I don’t think he wants to fight me again.”

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

Comments

Relive Fabricio Werdum's UFC 180 KO of Mark Hunt (Fight Flashback) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Fabricio Werdum defeat Mark Hunt for the UFC heavyweight interim title at UFC 180. read news >>

Tony Ferguson to Conor McGregor: 'Defend or Vacate, Bitch!' | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson had a pointed message for UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor, "Defend or vacate, bitch!" read news >>

UFC interim champ Tony Ferguson warns Conor McGregor: 'You're in check, and I'm great at chess'

Tony Ferguson sent a stern message to Conor McGregor following his interim title win in the UFC 216 main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Mark Hunt Rips Dana White in Profanity-Laced Instagram After UFC Sydney Removal

Mark Hunt issued an expletive-filled message to UFC President Dana White after the heavyweight fighter was removed from the UFC Fight Night show in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 19. Hunt's message to Wh read news >>

Las Vegas resident Brad Tavares kicks off UFC 216 with powerful message

Longtime Las Vegas resident Brad Tavares kicked off UFC 216 with a powerful message to his adopted city.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Opens UFC 216 With a Message of Love and Defiance | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White had a strong message in response to the Las Vegas shooting to open UFC 216 on Saturday night. read news >>

Ray Borg: 'Sneaky' UFC champ Demetrious Johnson was like 'fighting my future self'

Ray Borg was humble in defeat following his wild submission loss to UFC champ Demetrious Johnson at UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Glad Anderson Silva's Name is No Longer by His for UFC Record | MMAWeekly.com

(Subscribe to MMAWeekly.com on YouTube) UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson etched his name in the history books on Saturday night in Las Vegas. In the UFC 216 co-main event, he submitted Ray B read news >>

Video replay: UFC 216 post-event press conference

Check out a video replay of the UFC 216 post-event news conference.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

An Emotional Kevin Lee Needs Time Off After Loss to Tony Ferguson at UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Reeling from the sting of his loss to Tony Ferguson, Kevin Lee admitted that he probably needs to take some time off. read news >>