#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Volkan Oezdemir #Conor McGregor #Peter Sobotta #Ben Saunders #Marcin Held #Bojan Velickovic #Damir Hadzovic #Nicholas Musoke #Dynasty of Heroes #Nordine Taleb #Jon Jones

Nick Diaz has a message for UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.

“To be honest, I’d like a rematch,” Diaz said in an interview with Fox Sports after falling via unanimous decision in the main event of UFC 158 at Bell Centre in Montreal. “Georges St. Pierre, if you would give me a rematch, I’d really appreciate it, because I think I can beat you.”

Just moments after seeing the UFC champion’s hand raised, Diaz said he was contemplating leaving mixed martial arts in a post-fight interview reminiscent to the one he gave following a defeat to Carlos Condit last year.

“Like I said, I’m trying to retire and get out of this gig, but I would like a rematch [with St. Pierre],” Diaz told Fox Sports. “I think I can beat you, I really do. I think I can stop the takedowns in the first two rounds, and you’d have to fight me the whole fight, and I think I’d beat you. I’m not hurt.”

Diaz found himself on the bottom during much of the bout’s opening 10 minutes, with St. Pierre using jabs and superman punches to upset the Californian’s timing and set up double-leg takedowns.

“I think I could have stopped the takedowns. I think I could have gotten the takedowns, come to think of it. I was just really flat,” said Diaz. “I slept like all the way until eight o’clock at night. This Canada thing, I knew it was going to be something to deal with, but I didn’t know if the sleep that I was getting today was going to work with me or against me. The third and fourth round, I felt real good. The fifth round, I was a little worn out, but the first two rounds, I think I was just moving really slow. I was hoping for a knockout.”

Diaz did have his moments in rounds three and four, catching the champion with flurries of clean punches to the head and body. Ultimately, however, St. Pierre continued with his takedown attack and stifled much of Diaz’s ground game, earning scores of 50-45 in a clean sweep with the cageside judges. Though Diaz believes his business with St. Pierre remains unfinished, the former Strikeforce titlist does not appear certain that his request will be granted.

“If I don’t get a rematch, then who am I going to fight? I’m not going to fight any of these guys out here. They came in after me. Georges is the only one,” said Diaz. “I’ve done everything I set out to do. I’ve fought everybody who started when I did in my era. I don’t want to get in there and jump around with these new kids. I don’t think Georges wants to fight Anderson Silva. I really don’t think he does, so if he [doesn’t], and they make that Johny Hendricks [match], Johny Hendricks is probably going to get worked. Whatever happens there, I’ll take a rematch if I can get it. I doubt he’ll give me one. I don’t think he wants to fight me again.”

Anderson Silva posts cryptic message after declaring himself out of UFC 212

“To say yes when you want to say no is to give more value to others than to ourselves,” ex-champ Anderson Silva said on an Instagram message this Tuesday.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Nate Marquardt Crushes CB Dollaway: UFC KO of the Week Video | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Nate Marquardt defeat C.B. Dollaway during their bout in December of 2015. Don't miss Marquardt take on Vitor Belfort at UFC 212. read news >>

John Castaneda 'Not Going to Accept Defeat' Against UFC Vet Chris Beal at Combate Americas 14 | MMAWeekly.com

John Castaneda (12-2) will have his first bout of 2017 when he takes on former UFC vet Chris Beal (10-4) in a 135-pound bout at Combate Americas 14 on Friday. read news >>

Junior Dos Santos' thought just prior to UFC 211 title defeat? 'It's working; I'm going to win'

DALLAS – For former heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos, his failed UFC 211 title bid was a lot more about what current champ Stipe Miocic did right than about what he did wrong.Filed under: News, read news >>

David Branch's message to press row after lackluster UFC 211 win: 'Go ahead and chew me up'

DALLAS – David Branch knows his long-awaited return to the UFC octagon wasn’t exactly a thriller, but he’s confident better performance are ahead. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

The Question: What Was the UFC Thinking Feeding Yair Rodriguez to Frankie Edgar?

There are levels to this game. That was Frankie Edgar's message on Saturday at UFC 211 after the former lightweight champion and longtime men's featherweight contender dispatched rising prospect Yair read news >>

Not wishing ill, but UFC 211's James Vick willing to step in for Kevin Lee or Michael Chiesa

DALLAS – UFC 211’s Michael Vick has been craving some promotional push. And, after the first-round TKO win that improved his octagon record to 7-1, he’s “optimistic” that it’s coming.Filed under: Fea read news >>

UFC 211 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 211 pay-per-view event in Dallas, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check them out.Fil read news >>

10 memorable moments from UFC 211, including another rules controversy

UFC champions Stipe Miocic and Joanna Jedrzejczyk each took another step toward putting their names in the UFC record book at UFC 211. Check out all of the memorable moments from the Dallas event.Fil read news >>

Dustin Poirier wants compensation and Eddie Alvarez rematch after UFC 211 no-contest

UFC lightweight Dustin Poirier doesn’t care about the no-contest on his record. He cares about the money lost when that call was made. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>