#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 55 #Michael Bisping #GSP #Conor McGregor

Following a four-fight skid in the UFC and going winless in 2010 and 2011, Dan Hardy took time off from completion to sharpen his tools.  He has since reeled off back-to-back wins inside the famed Octagon.

We didn’t see much difference in his knockout win over Duane Ludwig at UFC 146 in May, but the British brawler is no longer just a brawler, as he showed in his UFC on Fuel TV 5 win over Amir Sadollah on Saturday in Nottingham, England.

Hardy paced himself through the opening round, finding his range and trying to keep the emotions of fighting in front of his hometown in check.  As the second round began to play out, we saw a new and improved Hardy.  He displayed improved takedown ability, game planning and a new skillset on the ground.

“I’ve got these skills now and I’ve been working on them for a year.  I didn’t get to use them in my last fight unfortunately, so they were a surprise in this one,” said Hardy following the fight on Fuel TV’s post-show.  “I’ve got a long way to go, though.  I’ve got a lot to improve upon.   A lot of the things we’ve been working on in training, I didn’t get to work tonight. So we’ve got some things to work on, but a little bit of progress tonight I think.”

The pressure of fighting at home has its benefits and drawbacks, but there is no place Hardy enjoys fighting more than Nottingham.

“There are pros and cons to it.  If you’re in the hotel, you feel like you’re at work all week, whereas, obviously, if you’re at home you have to remind yourself to switch up when it’s time,” he said.

“It was great.  I’ve been wanting to come back to the U.K. for a while and fight and obviously Nottingham is the ideal venue for me.  I’ve got a lot of support here and the fans are so passionate and this arena has a lot of good memories for me.”

Many fighters who drop four fights in a row in the UFC get served their walking papers, but the organization took a chance on the popular and exciting fighter and no one appreciates it more than Hardy.

“First and foremost, I’m a huge UFC fan.  I love this organization and to come out and fight for the UFC fans is at least just an honor.  It’s something that I’ll remember for the rest of my life and I’ll always dig my heels in and fight my best for them,” he said.

And that’s why Hardy remained when so many others haven’t…

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on Fuel TV 5 post-fight coverage.

Comments

Colby Covington doesn't care about Amanda Nunes or any other Brazilian ATT fighters he offended

You didn’t really think Colby Covington would be worried about hurting his Brazilian teammates’ feelings with his “filthy animals” remark, did you?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre Go Inside the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

Dan Hardy and John Gooden are back to discuss all things Michael Bisping vs Georges St-Pierre in the latest edition of Inside the Octagon. read news >>

Linton Vassell says he's night and day difference from first title shot to Bellator 186

Linton Vassell fought for a Bellator title three years ago, but believes the difference between that fighter and now is like night and day.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw: UFC 217 Inside The Octagon Preview | MMAWeekly.com

Go Inside The Octagon with John Gooden and Dan Hardy as they break down the bantamweight title fight between champ Cody Garbrandt and rival T.J. Dillashaw. read news >>

Randy Brown derailed hype train of 'privileged little kid' Mickey Gall at UFC 217

Randy Brown didn’t expect to be booed in his hometown of New York, especially against a guy from New Jersey.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 217's Ovince Saint Preux simply wanted Ilir Latifi to know he didn't forget callout

Resurgent UFC light heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux didn’t call out Ilir Latifi, all appearances to the contrary.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ricardo Ramos: UFC 217 spinning elbow knockout of Aiemann Zahabi my hardest hit ever

Ricardo Ramos didn’t specifically bring out spinning (expletive) for Aiemann Zahabi, but that’s what ended up happening. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 results: Matt Brown survives near finish, devastates Diego Sanchez

It didn’t go as long as some might have hoped, but it delivered everything one might expect, as Matt Brown was almost finished but came back to score a first-round knockout of Diego Sanchez.Filed und read news >>

Alex Volkanovski ready to take on biggest talkers in UFC's featherweight division

Alex Volkanovski says you didn’t see the best version of him Saturday in Australia, but given the right opponent, he thinks you will soon.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>