Following a four-fight skid in the UFC and going winless in 2010 and 2011, Dan Hardy took time off from completion to sharpen his tools.  He has since reeled off back-to-back wins inside the famed Octagon.

We didn’t see much difference in his knockout win over Duane Ludwig at UFC 146 in May, but the British brawler is no longer just a brawler, as he showed in his UFC on Fuel TV 5 win over Amir Sadollah on Saturday in Nottingham, England.

Hardy paced himself through the opening round, finding his range and trying to keep the emotions of fighting in front of his hometown in check.  As the second round began to play out, we saw a new and improved Hardy.  He displayed improved takedown ability, game planning and a new skillset on the ground.

“I’ve got these skills now and I’ve been working on them for a year.  I didn’t get to use them in my last fight unfortunately, so they were a surprise in this one,” said Hardy following the fight on Fuel TV’s post-show.  “I’ve got a long way to go, though.  I’ve got a lot to improve upon.   A lot of the things we’ve been working on in training, I didn’t get to work tonight. So we’ve got some things to work on, but a little bit of progress tonight I think.”

The pressure of fighting at home has its benefits and drawbacks, but there is no place Hardy enjoys fighting more than Nottingham.

“There are pros and cons to it.  If you’re in the hotel, you feel like you’re at work all week, whereas, obviously, if you’re at home you have to remind yourself to switch up when it’s time,” he said.

“It was great.  I’ve been wanting to come back to the U.K. for a while and fight and obviously Nottingham is the ideal venue for me.  I’ve got a lot of support here and the fans are so passionate and this arena has a lot of good memories for me.”

Many fighters who drop four fights in a row in the UFC get served their walking papers, but the organization took a chance on the popular and exciting fighter and no one appreciates it more than Hardy.

“First and foremost, I’m a huge UFC fan.  I love this organization and to come out and fight for the UFC fans is at least just an honor.  It’s something that I’ll remember for the rest of my life and I’ll always dig my heels in and fight my best for them,” he said.

And that’s why Hardy remained when so many others haven’t…

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on Fuel TV 5 post-fight coverage.

Dominick Cruz dismisses Raphael Assuncao's callout, says next fight will be for UFC belt

Dominick Cruz didn’t get an immediate rematch after he lost the UFC bantamweight title to Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207 in December. However, if the former champ is to be believed, his next fight will st read news >>

Amanda Nunes offers apology to Ronda Rousey for post-fight UFC 207 comments

Amanda Nunes didn’t mince many words after she tore through Ronda Rousey in December to defend the UFC women’s bantamweight title. But now she’s walking some of them back a little.Filed under: News, read news >>

Felice Herrig v2.0 Puts First Blemish on Alexa Grasso's Record (UFC Houston Results) | MMAWeekly.com

A new and improved Felice Herrig took a unanimous decision over Alexa Grasso at UFC Fight Night 104 on Saturday in Houston. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 video highlights: Marcel Fortuna vs. Anthony Hamilton

One look at the size difference between Marcel Fortuna and Anthony Hamilton should have been enough for the average person to think the UFC newcomer had no chance.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Mike Jackson to CM Punk: 'Let's see who the real can is'

Mike Jackson didn’t show up to this past Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event to push a fight with Phil “CM Punk” Brooks. He was just there to work.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie: UFC 208 Inside the Octagon Preview | MMAWeekly.com

John Gooden and Dan Hardy analyze the women's featherweight title bout between Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie in episode one of UFC Inside the Octagon. read news >>

Video: Hardy, Gooden break down Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson at UFC 208

Ahead of UFC 208, UFC Fight Pass analyst Dan Hardy and broadcast partner John Gooden break down the co-main event between Anderson Silva and Derek Brunson.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holly Holm Sees a Rematch with Germaine de Randamie as 'Warranted' | MMAWeekly.com

Holly Holm’s evening at UFC 208 didn’t end like she wanted. She thought she won a five-round fight and would be crowned featherweight champion. read news >>

Dan Hardy believes UFC return could be near: 'Confident I have paperwork' that clears me

LONDON — If Dan Hardy has his way, he’ll be fighting inside the octagon before the end of 2018, explaining to MMAjunkie that a team of the United Kingdom’s best cardiologists have now cleared him to read news >>