#UFC Fight Night 55 #UFC 217 #Fabricio Werdum #GSP #Michael Bisping #Marcin Tybura

When it comes to his second round submission win over Dave Marfone in June at Bellator, welterweight Neiman Gracie couldn’t be much happier with the way the fight played out.

“I like my performance in this fight,” Gracie told MMAWeekly.com. “I feel I was able to showcase more of my striking and also my takedowns. I felt really strong and I was able to put my game to work.”

What’s even more pleasing for Gracie is the fact he got to showcase his skills at Madison Square Garden in front of what amounted to a hometown crowd.

“That was the highlight of my career up until now,” said Gracie. “It was one of the best nights of my life because I was able to fight close to home in front of my students, my friends, in the biggest area in the world. I wish I could fight there many more times.”

As part of the fourth generation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’s legendary Gracie family, Neiman has learned to deal with the expectations that come with his lineage, and now embraces the opportunity to live up them.

“I’m used to that pressure already because I’ve been competing since I was like 10 years old,” Gracie said. “Right now actually I enjoy it. I’m glad that I’m here I’m competing and representing my family. I’m not just teaching classes and doing whatever, I’m right here fighting and trying to do my best.

Neiman Gracie“I’m trying to build my own legacy, but I think my family is doing what we were meant to do: which is spread Jiu-Jitsu around the world. We’ve done that already and now we’re just having fun. We’re just fighting and showcasing our blood and skill in Jiu-Jitsu to the world.”

Gracie (6-0) takes on late replacement Zak Bucia (18-8) in a main card 170-pound bout at Bellator 185 on Friday in Uncasville, Conn.

“I’m going to do what I always try to do and take him down and get his back and finish (Bucia),” said Gracie.

While Gracie is looking forward to seeing where he can take his MMA career in 2018, he’s not opposed to returning to action sooner if given the opportunity.

“Usually I take it fight by fight, but it’s getting to the time where I want bigger fights,” Gracie said. “So maybe next year I am going to get some bigger fights with bigger names.

“I like to fight more often for sure. If after this fight they offer me another fight soon, I’ll take it.”

Comments

Logan Storley Will Be Looking To Finish Matt Secor at Bellator 186 | MMAWeekly.com

Logan Storley (6-0) will face his toughest challenge yet when he takes on veteran Matt Secor (9-4) in a Bellator 186 preliminary 170-pound bout on Friday. read news >>

Zach Freeman Looking to Show He's To Be Taken Seriously at Bellator 186 | MMAWeekly.com

On November 3, Zach Freeman (9-2) will look for his second Bellator win when he faces off against veteran Saad Awad (20-9) in a main card 155-pound bout. read news >>

Undefeated Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Rocketing Towards Title at Bellator 186 | MMAWeekly.com

Ilima-Lei Macfarlane will go for her first MMA title when she takes on Emily Ducote for the flyweight title in the Bellator 186 co-main event on Friday. read news >>

Conor McGregor Slaps Official Trying to Push Him off the Cage at Bellator 187 (VIDEO) | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor has become the central focus of the events unfolding at Bellator 187 on Friday and he obviously wasn't even fighting on the card. Following a fight where McGregor's teammate Charlie Wa read news >>

Fighters React to Conor McGregor Pushing Referee, Slapping Official | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor climbed over the cage at Bellator 187, shoved a referee, and slapped a commission official... and lit up Twitter. read news >>

AJ McKee Wins Main Event, but Conor McGregor Steals the Show at Bellator 187 | MMAWeekly.com

AJ McKee survived a tough battle to win the Bellator 187 main event on Friday in Dublin, Ireland, but it was Conor McGregor who stole the show. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: Conor McGregor Pissed Off the Wrong Official | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen weighs in on Conor McGregor's transgressions at Bellator 187 and how it might be more serious than it is entertainment. read news >>

Conor McGregor Expresses No Remorse for Incident at Bellator in Now Deleted Post | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor explained what happened in Dublin after he leapt into the cage during a Bellator event on Friday read news >>

Conor McGregor Issues Apology For His Behavior at Bellator 187 in Ireland | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor has broken his silence after being involved in a melee in Ireland last week after he jumped into the cage at Bellator 187. The incident unfolded after McGregor's teammate Charlie Ward read news >>

Referee Marc Goddard Responds to Conor McGregor's Actions at Bellator 187 in Ireland | MMAWeekly.com

Referee Marc Goddard has broken his silence just days after an altercation with UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor in Ireland at Bellator 187. The situation unfolded after Goddard appeared to st read news >>