#UFC Fight Night 126 #FNG #Conor McGregor #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #M-1 Global #UFC Australia #UFC Fight Night 57

Neiman Gracie Looking to Bigger Things After He Finishes Late Replacement at Bellator 185 | MMAWeekly.com

When it comes to his second round submission win over Dave Marfone in June at Bellator, welterweight Neiman Gracie couldn’t be much happier with the way the fight played out.

“I like my performance in this fight,” Gracie told MMAWeekly.com. “I feel I was able to showcase more of my striking and also my takedowns. I felt really strong and I was able to put my game to work.”

What’s even more pleasing for Gracie is the fact he got to showcase his skills at Madison Square Garden in front of what amounted to a hometown crowd.

“That was the highlight of my career up until now,” said Gracie. “It was one of the best nights of my life because I was able to fight close to home in front of my students, my friends, in the biggest area in the world. I wish I could fight there many more times.”

As part of the fourth generation of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’s legendary Gracie family, Neiman has learned to deal with the expectations that come with his lineage, and now embraces the opportunity to live up them.

“I’m used to that pressure already because I’ve been competing since I was like 10 years old,” Gracie said. “Right now actually I enjoy it. I’m glad that I’m here I’m competing and representing my family. I’m not just teaching classes and doing whatever, I’m right here fighting and trying to do my best.

Neiman Gracie“I’m trying to build my own legacy, but I think my family is doing what we were meant to do: which is spread Jiu-Jitsu around the world. We’ve done that already and now we’re just having fun. We’re just fighting and showcasing our blood and skill in Jiu-Jitsu to the world.”

Gracie (6-0) takes on late replacement Zak Bucia (18-8) in a main card 170-pound bout at Bellator 185 on Friday in Uncasville, Conn.

“I’m going to do what I always try to do and take him down and get his back and finish (Bucia),” said Gracie.

While Gracie is looking forward to seeing where he can take his MMA career in 2018, he’s not opposed to returning to action sooner if given the opportunity.

“Usually I take it fight by fight, but it’s getting to the time where I want bigger fights,” Gracie said. “So maybe next year I am going to get some bigger fights with bigger names.

“I like to fight more often for sure. If after this fight they offer me another fight soon, I’ll take it.”

Comments

Rory MacDonald One of Several Fighters Receiving 180-Day Suspension at Bellator 192 | MMAWeekly.com

Chael Sonnen won a rather unexciting, three-round unanimous decision over Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at Bellator 192 on Saturday night in Inglewood, Calf. The lack of damage inflicted by either fighte read news >>

Bellator 194: Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione (Countdown, Episode 1) | MMAWeekly.com

Take an in-depth look at Bellator 194, which features a Heavyweight Grand Prix quarterfinal match-up pitting Roy Nelson against Matt Mitrione. read news >>

Roy Nelson Pushes the Limit at Bellator 194 Weigh-in; Heather Hardy Misses Weight | MMAWeekly.com

Watch the Bellator 194: Mitrione vs. Nelson 2 official weigh-in, as Roy Nelson pushed the heavyweight limit and Heather Hardy missed weight. read news >>

Heather Hardy Looking to 'Beat Ana Julaton Up Like She Owes Me Money' at Bellator 194 | MMAWeekly.com

Heather Hardy will look to rebound in her first fight of 2018 when she faces Ana Julaton in a Bellator 194 main card 125-pound bout on Friday. read news >>

Bellator 194: Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione (Countdown, Episode 2) | MMAWeekly.com

Take an in-depth look at Bellator 194, which features the second quarterfinal match-up of the Heavyweight Grand Prix: Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione. (Episode 2) read news >>

Watch Mike Kimbel's pro debut at Bellator 194 with a sick – and scary – slam KO

Mike Kimbel admitted 30 minutes after his fight that, yeah, the way he won was a little scary. read news >>

Tywan Claxton comes to grips with disappointment over Bellator 194 TKO win

Tywan Claxton wasn’t thrilled with his TKO win in his second pro fight at Bellator 194, but knows he has to cut himself some slack. read news >>

Bellator 194 medical suspensions: Ex-champ Liam McGeary's left knee needs clearance

Ex-champ Liam McGeary needs doctor’s clearance after getting hobbled by Vadim Nemkov at Bellator 194. read news >>

The Monster Energy Bellator MMA Fight Series First Event of 2018 Announced | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

The Monster Energy Bellator Fight Series returns for its first event of 2018 in Atlanta when Monster Energy Supercross visits Mercedes-Benz Stadium on March 3. read news >>

What in the World was a Nearly Naked Ryan Bader Doing at a College Basketball Game? | MMAWeekly.com

What in the world was Bellator champion Ryan Bader doing nearly naked alongside a pair of Pikachus at an Arizona State basketball game? read news >>