#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Phoenix Fight Night #Vengeance Fighting Alliance #Duelo De Giagantes

Veteran heavyweight Neil Grove may have lost his last three fights, but the 41-year-old is nonetheless staying positive ahead of his UCMMA 31 interim title bout against Tomasz Czerwinski.

Grove, who was last seen suffering an April knockout to athletic prospect Todd Duffee, says he has regrouped from the challenging stretch and has worked diligently to improve his defense.

“I believe, if I felt I got truly beaten, I would’ve retired,” Grove tells Sherdog.com. “One of my fights I left up to the judges -- my mistake. And twice after, I dropped my guard -- rookie mistakes I have worked really hard [to correct] in the last six to seven months.”

UCMMA 31, which takes place Dec. 1 at the Troxy in London, was initially supposed to be topped by a championship collision between former champ Grove and reigning belt-holder Darren Towler. However, Towler was forced to withdraw from the booking due to injury, forcing promoter Dave O’Donnell to book Czerwinski as a replacement and change the bout to an interim title tilt.

“Of course I was disappointed [about Towler’s injury], but it’s the way the cookie crumbles,” Grove says. “Thanks to Dave O’Donnell, [we have] a replacement in big Tomasz. He’s huge. I will have to make sure to be faster on my feet to avoid the bombs he is going to throw my way.”

A former super heavyweight, Czerwinski last competed on July 1, when he knocked out previously unbeaten Kevin Camp in just 85 seconds to win the Cage Fighters Championship interim heavyweight title. Grove believes that Czerwinski, a fighter known mostly for his power, will be gunning for a quick knockout come Saturday night. Even so, the 41-year-old says he has taken nothing for granted ahead of his confrontation with the massive Pole.

“It might be a ‘W’ for me or the scalp of his career for him, so expect it to be technical and fast paced,” says Grove. “[There will be] loads of strategy in this one. I'm more experienced and will have the crowd behind me, and my guard has changed. I want to see if I can handle his punch.”

Though Grove is currently focused on navigating the challenge presented by Czerwinski, the veteran has also set goals for himself beyond winning the interim title bout.

“[I want] to win my next nine fights, train hard, eat healthy and stay uninjured,” Grove says. “I would love to fight in America again, and at least once in Toronto, too. They love MMA over there.”

Comments

Brian Stann announces departure from UFC commentary position

The UFC and FOX Sports lost a key member of its broadcast crew today when Brian Stann announced his departure from his commentary position. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Francis Ngannou 'lost' after UFC 215 fight scratch, knows suitable replacement unlikely

Francis Ngannou is disappointed with the current state of his career after losing out on a big-fight opportunity at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ex-champ Andrey Koreshkov hopes he may have jumped the line for a Bellator title shot

With a dominant win at Bellator 182, ex-champ Andrey Koreshkov would love to think he jumped the line for another welterweight title shot.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Ana Julaton Says Floyd Mayweather Hasn't Lost a Step at 40-Years of Age | MMAWeekly.com

If there's any question about whether or not Floyd Mayweather has lost a step after two years of retirement and turning 40-years of age, boxer and mixed martial artist Ana Julaton says absolutely not read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls out Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather TKO Victory

Khabib Nurmagomedov took to Instagram to call out Conor McGregor after the latter lost by technical knockout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Saturday. McGr read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Calls out Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather TKO Victory

Conor McGregor lost to Floyd Mayweather, but partied like a winner post-fight

If Conor McGregor’s post-fight party is any indication, he’s not taking his loss to Floyd Mayweather all that hard.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Thiago 'Marreta' Santos meets Polish veteran Michal Materla at UFC Gdansk

Michal Materla, a veteran Polish fighter, makes his UFC debut in front of his home-country fans this fall against Thiago “Marreta” Santos.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

How Can Conor McGregor Top the Floyd Mayweather Fight? How About UFC Ownership?

Lost in the clamorous rush toward last weekend's mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor was a potential blockbuster development in the relationship between McGregor and the UFC. F read news >>

Super Six - Fabricio Werdum’s Defining Moments

Fabricio Werdum hopes to move one step closer to a shot at regaining the crown when he faces Derrick Lewis at UFC 216. Read on for a look at six of his defining moments. read news >>