#Fight Night Stockholm #Alexander Gustafsson #Glover Teixeira #Colosseum #Conor McGregor #Dynasty of Heroes #Mariusz Pudzianowski #TKO #Marcin Held #Damir Hadzovic #Volkan Oezdemir #Fight One #Reza Madadi #Miocic Vs Dos Santos 2

Nate Marquardt Dan Miller UFC 128Nate Marquardt speaks with a quiet confidence that will never be mistaken for bravado.

Maybe that’s why he’s often overlooked as one of the longstanding veterans of the sport, when, in fact, he’s been fighting professional nearly 14 years.

All that time and 44 professional bouts has taught Marquardt a thing or two, and chief among them is to not look past what’s immediately in front of you.

He has done that in the past, looking past an opponent or two while fighting chiefly in Japan in the early part of his career, and he paid for it. He was usually lucky enough that he paid for the mistake by making what should have been an easier victory a long, hard battle.

On the verge of finally making his way back into the UFC, the Strikeforce welterweight champion still has a battle in front of him come Saturday night, against Tarec Saffiedine, in defense of his belt.

You might think with the Octagon beckoning, Marquardt could easily find himself looking beyond Saffiedine, who has a third of Marquardt’s experience, both in terms of bouts and time as a professional.

That’s not so.

“It’s not hard for me,” said Marquardt in a media scrum at UFC 155. “I’ve made that mistake before.

“I assume that I will be in the UFC after this fight and I’m not concerned about that, so it’s not really an issue for me. I just look forward to my fight.”

Marquardt exited the UFC amidst a flurry of controversy, when UFC president Dana White gave him the boot following his disqualification from a headlining bout due to trouble with his testosterone levels being too high, while being on a TRT program.

That was nearly two years ago, but Marquardt has persevered, finally putting himself on the cusp of a return.

“Everything is resolved. I’ve gotten all my issues straightened out now,” Marquardt said, before adding, “That was one of the toughest things in my career, but no hard feelings. I feel like I’m blessed where I’m at.

“When I won the Strikeforce title, that was like redemption for me. There were a lot of things leading up to that that were good for me, but that was the climax.”

White hasn’t made a definitive declaration that Marquardt is back in the UFC regardless of what happens in his fight with Saffiedine, but he has indicated that it’s likely, as there was never a hard line against Marquardt, just disappointment.

“Yeah, probably,” White answered when asked about Marquardt’s prospects of returning to the UFC. “I would have to say so. I was never in a bad way with him. I like Nate Marquardt; he’s one of the nicest guys ever.

“You know how I get; I get bummed out when guys do stuff like that. You’re a professional; show up here and do what you’re supposed to do.”

And that’s exactly what Marquardt intends to do on Saturday night in Oklahoma, take care of business against a fighter that most believe he should defeat.

“I feel like I’m a better fighter, a better athlete,” comment Marquardt, “and if I come in there with my ‘A game,’ I’m gonna be able to finish him.”

Check out what else Nate Marquardt had to say about his final Strikeforce fight and the prospect of him returning to the Octagon…

Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt Official for UFC 212 | MMAWeekly.com

Vitor Belfort's final fight inside the Octagon will be against former Strikeforce champion Nate Marquardt at UFC 212. read news >>

Nate Marquardt Crushes CB Dollaway: UFC KO of the Week Video | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Nate Marquardt defeat C.B. Dollaway during their bout in December of 2015. Don't miss Marquardt take on Vitor Belfort at UFC 212. read news >>

Report: Once more unto the breach for Vitor Belfort, 'Phenom' gets Nate Marquardt at UFC 212

At 40, and reportedly on the final fight of his current UFC deal, it appears Vitor Belfort will step into the cage one more time in his native Brazil. Belfort (25-14 MMA, 14-10 UFC) appears to be hea read news >>

UFC flyweight Joseph Benavidez breaks down struggles to get another top name in front of him

It ain’t easy being Joseph Benavidez these days, at least in terms of trying to find someone to stand across from him for a fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Admits to Giving Conor McGregor 'Longer Leash' Than Others | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White admits that he gives Conor McGregor more leeway than he does other fighters on the fight promotion's roster. read news >>

Your daily Ragin' Al update: Iaquinta now UFC boss, calls out Swanson, releases Northcutt, calls Perry and Lee 'ignorant

Al Iaquinta may not be the UFC’s favorite fighter right now, but he’s making a heck of an impression on social media.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After 2-fight featherweight experiment, UFC's Renan Barao reportedly heading back to bantamweight

After a two-fight run as a featherweight, former bantamweight champion Renan Barao appears to be ready to move back to 135 pounds. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Matt Hamill Wins First Fight in 5 Years in Devastating Fashion (video) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Matt Hamill won his first fight in nearly five years this weekend, and he did so in devastating fashion. read news >>

Heavyweight champ Daniel Gallemore believes Victory FC 57 win could get him in the UFC

It’s a common story among fighters for major mid-level promotions: One more win, and there’s a good chance I’m getting the call.Filed under: News read news >>