#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Andre Fili #Bellator 185 #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Jan Blachowicz #Devin Clark #Kristina Williams #Ramazan Emeev #Sam Alvey #Oskar Piechota

Milton Vieira has been competing in mixed martial arts for more than a decade, but on Saturday in his home country of Brazil he will finally make his UFC debut.

A veteran of several promotions including Pride, Strikeforce and Shooto, Vieira has been all over the world competing in both MMA and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but it’s all led to this one moment in his career.

“I’m very happy for this opportunity. I’ve been working a lot in my life to get to this moment and this time,” Vieira told MMAWeekly.com.

In most MMA circles, Vieira is well known as the creator and inventor of the anaconda choke, a popular submission used regularly in the fighting world, but the Brazilian wants to be known for much more than that.

The opportunity to fight in the UFC is a dream come true for Vieira, but even more over is the chance to make his debut in his home country of Brazil.

Vieira has been a mainstay in the Brazilian fight scene for years, earning his black belt under former UFC champion Murilo Bustamante, and training and working in his home country. Now he gets to fight in front of his home fans and it just so happens to be in the UFC.

“I think God made this moment for me because if I had been in the UFC before, I couldn’t take it. Because in Brazil this is the best time for MMA, everybody in Brazil loves MMA, everybody talks about MMA, it’s a good moment,” Vieira said.

“When I signed with the UFC I didn’t know where I would fight. But when I knew about UFC Brazil, I couldn’t believe that, I wanted this so much. My friends and family can see this, and this is the best fight for me.”

For his debut fight, Vieira takes on fellow Brazilian Felipe Arantas at UFC 147.

On paper, Vieira knows that everybody expects this to be the classic striker vs. grappler fight, but he knows it can be so much more.

That’s not to say, however, that Vieira is unaware of the area where he will most likely end this fight.

“He’s a good striker, but I’m very good on the ground, with jiu-jitsu, but I love striking, too. I love training Muay Thai. I’ve been training Muay Thai a long time. But everybody knows I’m the best on the ground,” said Vieira.

No matter what it takes, Vieira is committed to coming away from UFC 147 with a victory and making his family and friends in Brazil proud.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Bellator 183 results: Roy Nelson falls back on grappling to best Jay Ayala

Veteran heavyweight Roy Nelson got a run for his money against Jay Ayala in his Bellator debut. So he fell back on his grappling to take home the win.Filed under: Bellator, Featured read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 medical suspensions: No tapping gets Yushin Okami 45 days

UFC veteran Yushin Okami didn’t appear to have much choice in the matter, but his lack of tap against Ovince Saint Preux brings a 45-day suspension.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC veteran Kyle Noke has 'that fire again,' announces return from retirement

UFC veteran Kyle Noke is the latest to end a short-lived retirement from MMA competition. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Former UFC Fighter Shayna Baszler Inks a Deal to Join WWE | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC women's bantamweight competitor and "Ultimate Fighter" veteran Shayna Baszler has officially joined the WWE roster. WWE officials announced the news on Tuesday. Just recently, Baszler comp read news >>

Tommy Hayden to Defend Lightweight Sword at Full Metal Dojo 15 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC veteran Tommy Hayden is set to defend his Full Metal Dojo lightweight sword on Nov. 4 in Bangkok. read news >>

Kevin Lee's coach: Why isn't Conor McGregor feeling disrespected by interim belt?

As a veteran fighter in a variety of disciplines, Dewey Cooper isn’t sure why UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor doesn’t feel more disrespected by tonight’s UFC 216 headliner.Filed under: News, read news >>

Ian McCall fires manager, then gets release from UFC after $100,000 demand

Veteran flyweight Ian McCall today asked for his release from UFC contract after the promotion denied his demand for a $100,000 payout in his next fight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

After wild UFC 216 result, Bobby Green says judges aren't looking at right things

UFC lightweight veteran Bobby Green would rather hand off judging duties to his peers, biased as they might be, than those professionally tasked to score fights.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bryan Caraway vs. Luke Sanders added to UFC Fight Night 123 in December

A bantamweight matchup between an 8-time UFC veteran and a relative newcomer looking to rebound from his first professional loss has been added to UFC Fight Night 123.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Veteran UFC lightweight Michael Johnson wants top guys if he moves to featherweight

Michael Johnson, now 31, doesn’t have time to waste if he moves down to featherweight.Filed under: Featured, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>