#UFC Fight Night 126 #Conor McGregor #Donald Cerrone #UFC 221 #UFC on Fox 28 #Yancy Medeiros #ONE Championship 68 #FNG

Mike Perry gets heated with Darren Till cageside at UFC-Gdansk, issues warning after

It took Darren Till a matter of seconds to set up his next fight after scoring the biggest victory of his career against Donald Cerrone in today’s UFC Fight Night 118 headliner.

Following Till’s (16-0-1 MMA, 4-0-1 UFC) first-round TKO of Cerrone (32-10 MMA, 19-7) in the UFC Fight Pass-streamed welterweight headliner at Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland, the unbeaten prospect immediately called out Mike Perry (11-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC), who was sitting cageside for the contest.

Perry jumped onto the octagon apron and got into a heated verbal exchange with Till through the fence. Both fighters were restrained, and immediately interest was generated in a fight. It went a step further just before the conclusion of the broadcast, when Perry conducted an interview with commentators John Gooden and Dan Hardy.

Although Perry has a fight set up for Dec. 16 with Santiago Ponzinibbio at UFC on FOX 26, he said Till is on his hit list next, and he’s willing to go to the Brit’s hometown of Liverpool to do it.

“He’s got a great record,” Perry said. “I’m No. 15 (in the UFC rankings). I don’t know where that puts him in the rankings, but rankings don’t matter. They haven’t mattered since I got here. It’s about how hard I hit you with my right and my left hand. He wants to box? I look forward to any MMA fighter that wants to box with me. Santiago Ponzinibbio’s going to be the first example of that, then I’m going to show you, Darren Till, in England. I’m going to KO this man in his hometown.”

Till’s victory over Cerrone was the finest of his career. He picked apart “Cowboy” from beginning to end before the TKO at the 4:20 mark of Round 1. It was a breakthrough moment for the 24-year-old Till, but Perry said he wasn’t impressed by the version of Cerrone that Till beat.

“He looked good against Donald, against Donald Cerrone – not against the ‘Cowboy,'” Perry said. “That’s not the ‘Cowboy’ that wins fights. That was Donald that shows up. I wasn’t happy with Donald’s performance. I’ve seen him fight a lot better, and Darren didn’t get a tough fighter tonight. He got someone who gave up in the first round, but that’s definitely not the case (with me).

“You know that’s not what you’re going to see with me. And after I KO No. 9 Santiago Ponzinibbio, I really look forward to fighting that boy Darren Till in England. What’s up? In his hometown I want to knock that boy out.”

Despite the sudden heat between Perry and Till, “Platinum” said his focus won’t be shifted away from his upcoming fight. He knows he has a tall task ahead of him in Ponzinibbio, but he plans on putting on a performance that warns Till of what’s to come.

“I look forward to it, but I got work to do first with Santiago Ponzinibbio in Winnipeg, Canada,” Perry said. “I can’t wait to do it. I look forward to skyrocketing myself off this kid’s undefeated record. I’m ready to take that 0 from that boy. He went fishing for bass, and he caught a shark. Be careful what you wish for.”

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 118, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Galleries

Darren Till Fights

• 4 months ago

Mike Perry Fights

• 5 months ago

Comments

Due to Humberto Bandenay's visa issues, Brandon Davis steps in at UFC-Austin

Brandon Davis apparently isn’t wasting any time trying to rebound from a UFC-debut loss a few weeks ago. read news >>

UFC on FOX 28's Max Griffin: Mike Perry is 'a clown to me,' has confidence issues

• a day ago

Max Griffin believes in scientific measures of his ability to hang with Mike Perry and some less scientific ones. read news >>

Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza Draws Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 224 in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

UFC 224 has just landed a huge middleweight showdown. Fresh off a knockout win over Derek Brunson in January, Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will meet Kelvin Gastelum at UFC 224, which takes place on May 12 read news >>

Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington Expected at UFC 224 in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

• 19 hours ago

The women's bantamweight title is expected to go up for grabs at UFC 224 when Amanda Nunes puts her gold on the line against Raquel Pennington on May 12 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Sources close to th read news >>

Ilir Latifi hopes upset of Ovince Saint Preux at UFC on FOX 28 inches him closer to title contention

• 7 hours ago

An upset of Ovince Saint Preux at UFC on FOX 28 could put Ilir Latifi into the light heavyweight title picture. read news >>

Josh Emmett and Jeremy Stephens Ready to Go, but One Fighter Misses Weight at UFC on FOX 28 Weigh-ins

• a day ago

The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns to Orlando, Fla., this week for UFC on FOX 28. The fight card is official following Friday morning's weigh-in. read news >>

Israel Adesanya meets Marvin Vettori at UFC on FOX 29 in Arizona

• a day ago

UFC officials aren’t waiting long to get “The Last Stylebender” back in the cage. read news >>

Beneil Darisuh draws newcomer as replacement opponent at UFC 222

• a day ago

With Bobby Green forced out of next week’s UFC 222 event, a promotional newcomer has agreed to step in against Beneil Dariush. read news >>

That time Alex Perez was 126.5 pounds at UFC-Orlando, left to cut weight, then was 127

• a day ago

Alex Perez came in a half-pound heavy on his first weigh-in attempt at UFC on FOX 28. After cutting weight, he was heavier the second time. read news >>

Who ya got?! Fighters predict Josh Emmett vs. Jeremy Stephens at UFC on FOX 28

• 9 hours ago

Who wins the UFC on FOX 28 headliner between Jeremy Stephens and Josh Emmett? Fellow fighters gave us their picks. read news >>