#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 55 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor

It took Darren Till a matter of seconds to set up his next fight after scoring the biggest victory of his career against Donald Cerrone in today’s UFC Fight Night 118 headliner.

Following Till’s (16-0-1 MMA, 4-0-1 UFC) first-round TKO of Cerrone (32-10 MMA, 19-7) in the UFC Fight Pass-streamed welterweight headliner at Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland, the unbeaten prospect immediately called out Mike Perry (11-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC), who was sitting cageside for the contest.

Perry jumped onto the octagon apron and got into a heated verbal exchange with Till through the fence. Both fighters were restrained, and immediately interest was generated in a fight. It went a step further just before the conclusion of the broadcast, when Perry conducted an interview with commentators John Gooden and Dan Hardy.

Although Perry has a fight set up for Dec. 16 with Santiago Ponzinibbio at UFC on FOX 26, he said Till is on his hit list next, and he’s willing to go to the Brit’s hometown of Liverpool to do it.

“He’s got a great record,” Perry said. “I’m No. 15 (in the UFC rankings). I don’t know where that puts him in the rankings, but rankings don’t matter. They haven’t mattered since I got here. It’s about how hard I hit you with my right and my left hand. He wants to box? I look forward to any MMA fighter that wants to box with me. Santiago Ponzinibbio’s going to be the first example of that, then I’m going to show you, Darren Till, in England. I’m going to KO this man in his hometown.”

Till’s victory over Cerrone was the finest of his career. He picked apart “Cowboy” from beginning to end before the TKO at the 4:20 mark of Round 1. It was a breakthrough moment for the 24-year-old Till, but Perry said he wasn’t impressed by the version of Cerrone that Till beat.

“He looked good against Donald, against Donald Cerrone – not against the ‘Cowboy,'” Perry said. “That’s not the ‘Cowboy’ that wins fights. That was Donald that shows up. I wasn’t happy with Donald’s performance. I’ve seen him fight a lot better, and Darren didn’t get a tough fighter tonight. He got someone who gave up in the first round, but that’s definitely not the case (with me).

“You know that’s not what you’re going to see with me. And after I KO No. 9 Santiago Ponzinibbio, I really look forward to fighting that boy Darren Till in England. What’s up? In his hometown I want to knock that boy out.”

Despite the sudden heat between Perry and Till, “Platinum” said his focus won’t be shifted away from his upcoming fight. He knows he has a tall task ahead of him in Ponzinibbio, but he plans on putting on a performance that warns Till of what’s to come.

“I look forward to it, but I got work to do first with Santiago Ponzinibbio in Winnipeg, Canada,” Perry said. “I can’t wait to do it. I look forward to skyrocketing myself off this kid’s undefeated record. I’m ready to take that 0 from that boy. He went fishing for bass, and he caught a shark. Be careful what you wish for.”

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 118, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Galleries

Darren Till Fights

• a month ago

Mike Perry Fights

• 2 months ago

Comments

Dana White: Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson at UFC Fight Night 127 in England

The UFC is giving popular rising English welterweight Darren Till the fight he asked for – and in his home country, no less.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'Wonderboy' Pumps the Brakes on Rumored Fight Against Darren Till | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White announced a new welterweight matchup late Tuesday night in Los Angeles but there's only one problem — he forgot to tell the fighters. The proposed fight would pit former titl read news >>

Abel Trujillo on 'gimme fight' vs. John Makdessi at UFC on FOX 26: 'It's going to be a fatality'

Abel Trujillo doesn’t think John Makdessi will get past the first round of their lightweight meeting at UFC on FOX 26.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Rawlings announces Calderwood out, newcomer Jessica-Rose Clark in at UFC-Sydney

Injury has forced Joanna Calderwood out of next week’s UFC Fight Night 121 event, according to her intended opponent, Bec Rawlings.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Knockout Radio Live: Sage Northcutt and a UFC 217 Review | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in Wednesday at 3:30 pm ET, for Knockout Radio LIVE! with a look back at UFC 217 and a talk with Sage Northcutt; plus the latest MMA news. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Gave Away His New UFC Middleweight Belt | MMAWeekly.com

After toppling middleweight champion Michael Bisping at UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Georges St-Pierre gave up the belt. No, he hasn't vacated the middleweight championship, although read news >>

Darren Till vs. Stephen Thompson? Don't get too excited just yet

It sounds like the UFC wants rising English welterweight Darren Till to headline in his hometown of Liverpool, but it’ll take a lot of moving parts.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos read news >>

Why fighting Dustin Poirier at UFC Fight Night 120 made sense to Anthony Pettis

Anthony Pettis gives Dustin Poirier credit for having a “complete fighting style” but feels the UFC-Norfolk headlining matchup suits him well.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Johnson Announces Featherweight Debut Against Darren Elkins at UFC in St. Louis | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Johnson is officially moving down to 145 pounds for his next fight after announcing on Thursday that he's facing top 10 ranked featherweight Darren Elkins at UFC Fight Night in St. Louis on J read news >>

Michael Johnson gets Darren Elkins at UFC Fight Night 124 in first featherweight bout

Michael Johnson will be welcomed to the UFC featherweight division by a formidable foe.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>