#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Javy Ayala

35-Mike-Kyle-SF030411-478x270Inconsistency has ruled much of the last couple years for World Series of Fighting heavyweight Mike “MAK” Kyle.

Having alternated wins and losses in his last five bouts (with one no contest), Kyle acknowledges things haven’t been their best of late, but having signed with the WSOF, he feels he’ll now have the opportunity to put things on a positive track for an extended period of time.

MMA as a sport is filled with ups and downs for anyone’s career,” he said. “It’s hard to lose a fight. You put so much work into camp and to go out there and not perform to your ability makes it tough.

“Things are going good now. I’m happy to be part of an organization that wants to have me and I think I’m in a good position to showcase my sills. I’m happy and am starting to enjoy MMA.”

Kyle told MMAWeekly.com that he probably put too much pressure on himself in the past, which caused him to make mistakes in basic situations that cost him fights.

“I put too much pressure on myself,” he said. “I’m a poor sport and I don’t like to lose.

“It’d be different if you go out and lose in a fight that’s a great show where you just beat the crap out of each other – I can lose that way – but when you go out there and you lose in the first round from something you go over every day, it’s like beating yourself.”

With a positive attitude going into his WSOF debut on Saturday against former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-10), Kyle (20-9-1) feels the bout could be the most explosive one of the evening.

“My thing to win the fight is just to stay up and use my speed and land that knockout punch,” said Kyle. “There’s going to be some heavy bombs thrown back and forth. People should be excited for this one.”

When asked if he felt the fight could end quickly due to the power both he and his opponent possess, Kyle said, “Going in looking for the knockout isn’t the best strategy. So my thing is go out there, do my movement, have fun with it, and when the knock out comes, it comes.”

With the ups and downs he’s experienced over the past couple years behind him, Kyle is looking to close out his career on a positive note, starting this Saturday at the WSOF.

“I’m looking at this new opportunity as a chance of a lifetime,” he said. “I have a promotion behind me that I’m going into a main event for, I’m making good money, and I’m continuing my career.

“They want to see me succeed and finish off my career with some exciting fights.”

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Comments

Bellator 182 post-event facts: Unbeaten A.J. McKee makes history

Go inside the numbers from this past Friday’s Bellator 182 event in Verona, N.Y., which saw featherweight A.J. McKee set a new standard.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Tommy Toe Hold's 'Money Fight' post-mortem sees Conor McGregor launching McUFC

OK, this Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor stuff is just about in the rearview mirror, but you can’t truly move on until you hear from Tommy Toe Hold.Filed under: Blue Corner, News, UFC read news >>

Triple H Ready to Offer Ronda Rousey an Opportunity in WWE Right Now | MMAWeekly.com

If Ronda Rousey wants to transition from mixed martial arts to professional wrestling, she's got a standing offer on the table from the biggest promotion in the world. After making an appearance at W read news >>

UFC-Rotterdam results: Darren Till strikes, showboats his way past Bojan Velickovic in crowd pleaser

English welterweight Darren Till remained unbeaten as a professional, flashing his confidence and creativity in an exciting decision win.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Aleksandar Rakic sees incoming 'new era' of UFC fighters: 'We are really hungry for it'

Aleksandar Rakic had never set foot in the octagon before UFC Fight Night 115, though you probably couldn’t tell by watching.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov expects Lee-Ferguson winner in December – and says so in super polite way

Lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov sees a 60-40 chance that Tony Ferguson is going to come out victorious of his UFC 216 interim title encounter with Kevin Lee.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featur read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio off today, but here's how to catch up on past episodes

MMAjunkie Radio is off today, but will return later this month. Now is the perfect time to download and catch up on past episodes. read news >>

Beating Johnson not an upset in Borg's mind

Ray Borg doesn’t need any reminders from the past to let him know what he’s going up against on Saturday, because, to him, beating Demetrious Johnson wouldn’t be an upset. read news >>

MMAjunkie Radio off today, but here's how to catch up on past episodes

MMAjunkie Radio is off today for an MMA-themed trip to visit U.S. troops but will return later this month. Now is the perfect time to download and catch up on past episodes.Filed under: News read news >>

UFC 215's Ketlen Vieira confident but level-headed ahead of 'golden opportunity' vs. Sara McMann

Ahead of her the toughest opponent of her undefeated career, Ketlen Vieira is all respect for onetime title challenger Sara McMann.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>