#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Dominick Cruz #UFC Fight Night 118 #Donald Cerrone #Cody Garbrandt

Mike JasperWhile it might have been more difficult than anticipated, Mike Jasper managed to pick up his sixth win in a row to start his career with an unblemished record. He defeated Kyle Bolt recently at BAMMA USA Badbeat 7.

“It took me a little longer to get beyond that whole height and length advantage,” said Jasper of his victory over Bolt. “I was four or five inches shorter than my opponent, but once I figured it out, I was pretty much executing the game plan; straight punches, work staying out of his guard and finish the fight.”

More so than a victory, Jasper learned a good lesson that will help his blossoming career in the long run.

“In the first round, he caught me and busted my nose up a little bit, and I’ve never had that happen to me, and he kind of took me down off a slip at the end of the round, so in the judges’ eyes, I’m bleeding and got taken down, so I was facing a little bit of adversity,” he said.

“My coaches and I know that it’s a big deal to face adversity, make adjustments and get the win.”

Just over a year into his career, Jasper knows that dealing with adversity is far from the last thing he needs to learn as he moves forward.

“I feel that I’ve still got plenty to learn and plenty of lessons that will come up in future fights,” he said. “I’ve just got to continue to progress and get more comfortable in the cage and keep this streaking going as long as possible.

“I’m far from peaking and I know there is plenty more that I’ll get to learn and I look forward to it.”

Having established himself in California as an up-and-comer to watch for, Jasper told MMAWeekly.com that next 2013 could be a breakout year for him to get some nationwide recognition.

“Right now, we’d like to continue to move up,” he said. “BAMMA USA has been good to us, and I’ve fought for them four times now, but I’d like to get up into a Legacy, Titan or some kind of televised fighting and start climbing up the ladder.

“I have to heal up a little bit because my nose got busted up, so I will have to take a little bit of time off to let things get back to normal so I can punched in the face again. I will continue to stay in shape for any opportunity that presents itself. I’ve never been scared to take any fight that comes up.”

(Photo courtesy of Mike Jasper)

Comments

Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk hopes to break Ronda Rousey's record – 125 then possible

Although her focus is on UFC 217 opponent Rose Namajunas, champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk is still considering a move up to flyweight.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Watch Ovince Saint Preux KO Patrick Cummins (UFC Japan Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Ovince Saint Preux improved his record in the UFC to 6-1 after his victory over Patrick Cummins at Fight Night Newark in 2015. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117: Saint Preux vs. Okami Set an Unfortunate Record in Japan | MMAWeekly.com

Unfortunately, UFC Fight Night 117 was a record-setting draw for all the wrong reasons. read news >>

Bellator 183 results: Goiti Yamauchi hands Adam Piccolotti 1st loss with record submission

Goiti Yamauchi’s decision to move up to the Bellator lightweight division continued to pay off on Friday when he submitted Adam Piccolotti in the first round at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Ne read news >>

Bellator 183 post-event facts: Patricky Freire, Goiti Yamauchi produce record work

See all the facts, figures and footnotes to come out of Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Joanna Jedrzejczyk planning to break Ronda Rousey’s record...

The strawweight queen is one win away from tying the record for successful defences from a female champion and plans to break that next year. read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Expected to Fall Short of Pay-Per-View Record | MMAWeekly.com

The Mayweather vs. McGregor pay-per-view in the U.S. is expected to fall just short of the record. read news >>

Thanks to Mayweather vs. McGregor, Nevada sports books won a record amount in August

We knew Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor was going to do big business, and Nevada sports books were among the beneficiaries. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg: UFC 216 Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson aims to break Anderson Silva’s title-defense record, but 24-year-old Ray Borg is focused on playing spoiler. read news >>

If successful at UFC 216, UFC champ Demetrious Johnson explains who's next

If victorious at UFC 216, Demetrious Johnson will have the UFC title-defense record. He’ll also have his eye on who’s next.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>