#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Bellator 183 #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Takanori Gomi #Dong Hyun Kim

Mike Bronzoulis XFCFor welterweight Mike Bronzoulis, the last several weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions.

Originally scheduled to fight Jay Hieron in July for Legacy FC, Bronzoulis was forced off the card by doctor’s orders. Thankfully the XFC had an opening for him to step in on their AXS TV broadcasted Aug. 3 fight card in Charlotte, N.C.

“I was pretty bummed out by the fact that I had to pull out of the Jay Hieron fight, so I was pretty happy when I got the call (from the XFC),” said Bronzoulis. “I’m excited to get back into the cage, compete again and fight.”

Having been kept off the Legacy show by a hurt knee, Bronzoulis is cautiously optimistic he’ll be ready for Aug. 3 since he’s stepping in as a late replacement against Corey Hill in the evening’s main event.

“I’m coming off an injury, so I’ve just been getting back to health,” said Bronzoulis. “We’ll see what kind of shape I’m in when I get in the cage.”

When it comes to facing Hill, Bronzoulis told MMAWeekly.com that he’s going to maintain the same game plan he uses, regardless of his opponent’s four-inch height and reach advantage.

“I’ve just got to take the fight to him and overwhelm him,” said Bronzoulis. “I believe my game overpowers other guys, so I’m just going to move forward.

“I feel real comfortable and do really well with taller opponents. I’ve got to use good footwork, get in and out, and overpower him.”

Stepping into a headlining fight that could determine the course of the XFC’s welterweight division is a big move for Bronzoulis. Still, he feels he won’t let it get the better of him and instead use it as a springboard to build a solid remainder to his 2012 campaign.

“At this point in my career, every fight’s big; so I’m prepared for it all,” he said. “I try not to let it get to me and just focus on what’s going on and not get caught up too much in that stuff. It doesn’t really matter as long as I take care of business.

“I’ve definitely got to build things back up, stay busy and put together some really solid wins starting with this one right here. I’m grateful for the opportunity to fight in the XFC and we’ll just have to see what happens after this fight and where it takes me.”

E-mail Mick Hammond
For more UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Comments

Mayweather vs. McGregor 2017: Final Odds and Pick for Superfight

Conor McGregor knows how to take advantage of an opportunity. Prior to putting his name on a contract to fight undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a boxing match, he was loud, egomaniacal, confident a read news >>

UFC Fight Night 115 headliner Alexander Volkov ready for more contenders with win over Struve

It’s hard to find someone in the heavyweight ranks who can tower over Alexander Volkov. But fair play to the UFC matchmakers: They did it.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Triple H Ready to Offer Ronda Rousey an Opportunity in WWE Right Now | MMAWeekly.com

If Ronda Rousey wants to transition from mixed martial arts to professional wrestling, she's got a standing offer on the table from the biggest promotion in the world. After making an appearance at W read news >>

After 2-year struggle to get fights, Antonio Paulo Branjao thankful for LFA 21 headliner

“TUF: Brazil 3” alum and LFA 21 headliner Antonio Paulo Branjao hasn’t fought in more than two years, but he hasn’t been idle in training.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

LFA 21 headliner Kyle Noblitt addresses sexual-assault case

Undefeated heavyweight and LFA 21 headliner Kyle Noblitt regrets the actions he took that led to sexual-assault case in 2012, but he said it made him a better person.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News, read news >>

The 10: September’s Most Anticipated, Intriguing and Exciting Matchups

Here’s a look at the most compelling, competitive and important fights set to hit the cage in the month ahead. This is The 10. read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Fight of the Month' for August: Flyweights shine in rare non-title headliner

Here are the five nominees and winner of MMAjunkie’s “Fight of the Month” award for August 2017.Filed under: Bellator, News, UFC read news >>

Who is ONE Championship's Geje Eustaquio?

Want to know more about Filipino flyweight Geje Eustaquio ahead of his ONE Championship 61 headliner with Kairat Akhmetov? Check out this video, courtesy of ONE Championship.Filed under: Blue Corner, read news >>

Donald Cerrone vs. Darren Till expected for UFC Fight Night 118 headliner in Poland

A welterweight headliner between two striking specialists is expected to serve as the headliner for UFC Fight Night 118.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg scratched from UFC 215 headliner

No, seriously. The planned headliner for Saturday’s event between UFC flyweight champion and Ray Borg has been called off less than 12 hours before the fighters were set to hit the scales.Filed under read news >>