Miguel Torrest UFC 139When former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres returned to fighting this past April after five months off, he experienced perhaps the biggest setback in his career to date when he was knocked out by Michael McDonald at UFC 145 and then subsequently released by the promotion.

“Going back to November, it was a big blow,” said Torres. “I went through a lot to get back into the UFC, got back in and lost the fight. I didn’t follow the game plan and went out there and got caught with a punch and I got (released) again.

“The biggest thing for me to get back on track is to get stable.”

Finding stability could come down to finding a longterm home, like the one Torres had in the UFC and WEC. Should Torres’ new home in the World Series of Fighting live up to expectations, he may just have the platform he needs to get back on track and find success again.

“It’s an exciting feeling to start in a new league and kind of have a homecoming fighting on the NBC Sports Network (where the WEC was broadcasted on during the channel’s Versus branding) and fight on a card with guys like Andrei Arlovski,” said Torres.

While it’s a new home, don’t expect Torres to go about doing things differently than before.

“I’ve been doing this for the past 13 years, so for me it’s business as usual,” he said. “I’m going to go out and fight the same way, whether it’s the UFC or my back yard.

“I always dedicate myself 100-percent to my craft and my opponent is going to see the best Miguel Torres that he can possibly see.”

Torres’ first fight for the WSoF on Nov. 3 in Las Vegas comes against Marlon Moraes, a fighter Torres has some familiarity with.

“I’ve trained with him in Florida, so I know what to expect out of him,” said Torres of Moraes. “I know what he’s good at, I know what I’m good at, and the most important thing is to go out there and fight my fight.

“I know I have to keep my distance, and when I do come in, I have to come in hard. I’ve got to close the distance, get him in the clinch and take him down to the ground. I know that middle-range is going to be his. But I know what I’m good at, and I know what I can do to give him a hard time.”

Torres told MMAWeekly.com that, at this stage in his career, thinking about anything other than what’s in front of him isn’t important, staying in the moment is.

“Just win,” said Torres of his goals. “All I’m worried about is winning my fights.

“I don’t care who it is, who’s in front of me, or what their name is. I’m not worried about that. The only thing I’m worried about is going out there and taking my opponents out.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all your MMA news and updates.

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Looking to Solidify Fighting Career with UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC will crown its first female 145-pound champion at UFC 208 on Saturday. Either Germaine de Randamie or Holly Holm will make history. read news >>

Anderson Silva Wins, Decisions Derek Brunson (UFC 208 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva picked up his 34th career win on Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson by unanimous decision at UFC 208. read news >>

Ex-champ Johny Hendricks promises rebirth of fallen career at UFC Fight Night 105

HALIFAX – Johny Hendricks has a pep in his step that he said has been absent for several years as he approaches Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 showdown with Hector Lombard.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

Inside the impressive career facts and figures for UFC 208 co-headliner Anderson Silva

Former longtime pound-for-pound king Anderson Silva once again returns to the octagon on Saturday when he takes on Derek Brunson in the UFC 208 co-main event. Get a look at his impressive career numb read news >>

Holm vs. De Randamie: Career Stats, Highlights for Both Before UFC 208

The UFC will add a new champion to the fold when Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie close out UFC 208 on Saturday, February 11, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The main event features read news >>

Brock Lesnar Informs UFC of Retirement from MMA, Removed from Drug Testing Pool

Brock Lesnar's mixed martial arts career appears to be over. A UFC spokesperson on Tuesday told MMA Fighting's Marc Raimondi the former UFC heavyweight champion informed the company of his retirement read news >>