#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Saturday Night Fights #Conor McGregor #David Branch #GGG #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #DWTNCS

Miesha Tate has been given new life. After losing her chance to coach opposite UFC champion Ronda Rousey on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 18, the former Strikeforce queen was recently dealt an unexpected opportunity when Cat Zingano went down with a serious knee injury.

Zingano, who stopped Tate in a technical knockout at the “TUF 17” finale six weeks ago, will now be unable to fulfill her obligation as coach on the upcoming iteration of the long-running reality series, which will feature both male and female competitors for the first time. As a result, Tate will now fill the vacant role.

“It’s unfortunate for Cat, but the UFC is all about opportunities,” Tate recently told Fox Sports. “I was so stoked when I heard I was going to get the potential spot. To coach against Ronda, [given] our rivalry, I think it makes for better TV. And I get to fight her again, so I’m stoked all around.”

Tate, 26, first met Rousey last year under the Strikeforce banner, relinquishing her bantamweight championship to the Olympic judo bronze medalist after submitting to Rousey’s trademark armbar -- a hold which badly dislocated Tate’s elbow. After the two square off as coaches on “TUF 18,” Tate will have her chance to avenge that defeat with the UFC title on the line.

“Ronda is obviously a phenomenal fighter. She’s undefeated. As a person, I don’t think she’s quite as stellar,” Tate said. “I give her credit for what she’s done and where she’s gotten in the sport of women’s MMA. Without her I don’t think we’d be as far, so I do value that. At the same time, I feel like I’m right on her heels, and I want what she has. I want the UFC belt. I want my team to win the show, and I want to be able to say that at the end of the day -- to look her in the face and say, ‘I’ve beaten Ronda Rousey.’”

Galleries

Ronda Rousey Fights

• a year ago

Miesha Tate Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Sean O'Malley vs. Terrion Ware booked for TUF 26 Finale in December

The next edition of the live finale of “The Ultimate Fighter” has its latest fight booking, and it comes in the bantamweight division.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC featherweight Ricardo Lamas discusses octagon future, would like 'TUF' coaching gig

Former featherweight title challenger Ricardo Lamas wonders what makes sense for the two fights left on his current UFC contract.Filed under: News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Why Dana White isn't attending Ronda Rousey's wedding

Unfortunately, Dana White has something going on that day and won’t be able to make it. to Ronda Rousey’s wedding.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Wedding Day of Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor

Former UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey will marry UFC heavyweight contender Travis Browne Saturday, the same day that Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor square off in their highly anticip read news >>

MMA's week out of the cage: Ronda Rousey's wedding, Eclipse 2017, Hurricane Harvey

The best from the week that was in MMA social media.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne Wedding: Attendees, Photos and Details%26#65279;

UFC fighter Travis Browne shared a photo from his wedding ceremony with fellow UFC star Ronda Rousey on Saturday in Hawaii. The couple became engaged in April. This article will be updated to provide read news >>

The First Ronda Rousey Wedding Pics Have Arrived | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey and Travis Browne passed on the big Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor fight over the weekend, but they had a pretty good excuse. They were getting married. Yep, the happy couple finall read news >>

The photos are in: Ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey, Travis Browne get married in Hawaii

The most dominant women’s champion in UFC history has been off the market for a while, and on Saturday, she made it official. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Report: 'TUF 23' winner Tatiana Suarez meets Viviane Pereira at UFC Fight Night 120 in Norfolk

At long last, the Season 23 winner of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Tatiana Suarez, will return to the octagon this fall. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC contract winner Lauren Mueller on how failed 'TUF 26' bid helped her be ready for DWCS 8

Lauren Mueller had only three pro bouts when she got the call for Dana White’s Contender Series. But that doesn’t takes from her confidence.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>