#Duane Ludwig #Justin Buchholz #Ramsey Nijem #Julian Lane #Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Lightweight Tournament #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Rory MacDonald #Bellator 179 #Jon Jones #TJ Dillashaw

miesha-tate-14.jpgMiesha Tate found out she could be coaching on “The Ultimate Fighter 18? an hour before UFC President Dana White announced it at UFC 158.

Like many who first heard about the show’s concept, which puts both male and female MMA hopefuls in a Las Vegas mansion to compete for UFC contracts, her initial reaction was mostly shocked. She also expected carnal consequences.

“I was like, ‘Are you crazy? Inside the house at the same time!’ Tate told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). “[Dana] started laughing. I said, ‘You better make sure that all the guys have condoms and all the girls are on mandatory birth control, because I’m sure it’s going to get nuts in there. Getting knocked up is not very good for your career as a female fighter.’

“He was like, ‘I know. It’s worse than getting knocked out. That’s for sure.’”

Tate (13-3 MMA, 0-0 UFC), of course, has yet to book the gig. To secure it, she needs to beat Cat Zingano (7-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale, which takes place Saturday at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The event’s main-card, including Zingano vs. Tate, airs live on FX following prelims on FUEL TV and Facebook.

The undefeated Zingao will try to rob Tate of the coaching spot, which will set up a title fight against women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey at the season’s conclusion. “TUF 18? begins filming this summer and debuts in September.

Tate has been inundated with questions about Rousey, who took her Strikeforce title more than a year ago.

“Everyone wants to ask me about Ronda and ‘The Ultimate Fighter,’ but to me, I don’t care about any of that right now,” she said. “It’s just Cat. That’s all that have on my plate, and all I’m concerned with. If I don’t do what I need to do on April 13, none of that matters. So why even bother getting excited about it?”

Since her initial reaction to the show, Tate has changed her mind on the possibilities for drama.

“I had a good laugh about this the other day, because a lot of the girls in this industry are lesbians, which I have no problem with,” she said. “They’re cool-ass chicks. But I was making a joke that it’s going to be so funny – all the girls on this show are going to be lesbians, and all the guys are going to be like, ‘We’re going to be hooking up with these hot fighter chicks.’ And the girls are going to be hooking up with each other.

“The boys are going to be like, ‘I thought this was going to be way cooler than it is.’”

For more on The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Jessica Eye wants 125-pound spot after potential job-saving fight with Ladd – but will pass on 'TUF'

Jessica Eye is eager to return to the 125-pound division, but she knows how much of it rides on a scheduled bantamweight scrap with Aspen Ladd: “At this point, I’m basically fighting for my job.”File read news >>

Dana White Scrum: TUF 26 and Women's Flyweights, Cris Cyborg, and More (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White talked about TUF, the women's flyweight division, and provided his company's first comment on the Cris Cyborg battery incident. read news >>

Lane brings new focus to the Octagon

Julian Lane, who faces Ramsey Nijem on Wednesday’s episode of TUF: Redemption, is at peace with a lot of things these days, and he’s certainly not the same person he was back in 2012, when he was a 4 read news >>

Now Focused Full Time on Fighting, Amir Khan is Hoping for a ONE Championship Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Having fulfilled two years of National Service, Amir Khan is back to full-time fighting and focused on earning a title shot. read news >>

Assistant Coaches Nearly Come to Blows on TUF 25 | MMAWeekly.com

• 20 hours ago

The animosity between Team Alpha Male’s Cody Garbrandt and former teammate TJ Dillashaw has been on full display during this season of The Ultimate Fighter. read news >>

Ramsey Nijem Escapes Danger and Finishes Julian Lane (TUF 25 Fight Replay) | MMAWeekly.com

• 18 hours ago

Ramsey Nijem fights out of two submissions to earn a TKO victory over Julian Lane and puts Team Dillashaw up 6-0 in the competition on The Ultimate Fighter 25. read news >>

Tensions Between Teams Reach Boiling Point on TUF 25 | MMAWeekly.com

• 18 hours ago

Tensions between Team Garbrandt and Team Dillashaw reached a boiling point on the sixth episode of The Ultimate Fighter: Redemption. read news >>

Roxanne Modafferi and Lauren Murphy Grapple at TUF 26 Tryouts | MMAWeekly.com

• an hour ago

Check out the grappling round between Roxanne Modafferi and Lauren Murphy during The Ultimate Fighter 26 tryouts. read news >>

Tate: UFC perfect model for equal opportunity for women

• 21 hours ago

Miesha Tate explains why the UFC is the perfect model for equal opportunity for women By Damon Martin, foxsports.com read news >>

Urijah Faber and TJ Dillashaw Explode in Face-to-Face Confrontation (TUF Redemption) | MMAWeekly.com

The confrontation got heated when Urijah Faber challenged TJ Dillashaw's recollection of his split with Team Alpha Male. read news >>