#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Nick Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Quinton Jackson #Pancrase #Demetrious Johnson #Holly Holm #Anderson Silva

Michelle Ould Bellator ProfileFor her first fight of the year, Michelle Ould wasn’t expecting to step in on short notice, but she did and managed to get her second armbar submission victory in a row with a win over Gina Gallea for FMMA in January.

“I took the fight on four days notice, so I just kind of did what I had to do,” said Ould. “I cut weight and went out there really with no gameplan and did what came natural to me. I don’t want to be known as a one-trick pony, but sometimes whatever works is what you’ve got to do.”

Picking up two wins in three fights (with one no contest) since her last loss, to Zoila Gurgel in May 2010, Ould has shown that rebuilding from the ground up can yield positive results.

“With me there’s always major overhauling mentally and physically,” she said. “When it comes down to it, it’s not just one specific thing; it’s everything that we tweak.

“When we go into the gym, we go back to basics, my coaches and I, and start over and figure out what I’m doing and not doing and why and break it all down.”

Back on track and with a change in management, Ould has found herself at the cusp of her biggest opportunity yet by earning a spot at this Friday’s Bellator 74 event in Atlantic City, NJ.

“I’ve had a lot of bad things happen to me in the past with promotions, not just being ripped off financially, but in so many different ways and to be able to finally have an opportunity like this, I almost wanted to cry because it was so surreal,” said Ould.

Coincidentally, Ould will be facing off against Munah Holland, a fighter she’d been interacting with shortly before the two were signed to fight each other. Ould told MMAWeekly.com that her bout with Holland could end up being a lot more complex than some may be giving it credit for.

“It’s not just going to be a striker versus a ground girl, which is what everybody’s pretty much making it out to be,” said Ould. “I’ve been working my MMA striking, Muay Thai and boxing more than anything else, and I’m more than prepared to take the fight wherever it goes.

“If they think I’m the underdog or not the underdog, I don’t care because anything can happen in a fight. You just go out there and do your best and test yourself to see where your and hopefully it will lead to an opportunity to where I can rematch with Zoila because we’ve got unfinished business.”

As Ould mentioned, her goal is to get a rematch with Gurgel. And whether it comes as part of a tournament or not, as long as she gets a chance to face Gurgel again, Ould couldn’t care less.

“It’d be fine to do it one way or another; I’m not really demanding or picky about how we get matched up,” said Ould. “I just think it would be great to finish what I started, so to speak.”

(Photo courtesy of Bellator)

Comments

Bellator 183's Lorenz Larkin despises Paul Daley: 'I've never not liked somebody like this guy'

Lorenz Larkin is not a fan of Bellator 183 opponent Paul Daley – and that’s putting it lightly.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Fans invited to this week's Bellator 183 weigh-ins, Fan Fest (and chance for a sick dinner prize)

Bellator’s return to its home base in San Jose, Calif., goes down this week, and fans can get up close and personal with MMA superstars.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Rematch to determine inaugural women's flyweight champion at Bellator 186

Bellator will crown its first female 125-pound champion at Bellator 186 with Ilima MacFarlane vs. Emily Ducote.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Check out the 'Bellator Flying Cage' that will descend upon Bellator 183 on Saturday

We’ve seen cages and rings in every shape and size, but Bellator will have a special apparatus at Saturday’s Bellator 183 event.Filed under: Bellator, Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News read news >>

Watch Roy Nelson tussle with wing chun dummy ahead of Bellator 183

Not much about Roy Nelson’s technique screams kung fu, but the newly minted Bellator heavyweight is serious about his roots. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Patricky Freire sees Benson Henderson as tough foe, remains bothered by Josh Thomson

Patricky Freire headlines Bellator 183 against not only a former UFC champion – but also the last guy to beat his own brother. Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator books Douglas Lima vs. Rory MacDonald title fight for Jan. 20

The Bellator welterweight title will be on the line in January.Filed under: Bellator read news >>

Rory MacDonald Tapped for Bellator Welterweight Championship | MMAWeekly.com

Rory MacDonald is only one fight deep into his Bellator tenure, but he's already been tapped to challenge for the championship. read news >>

Why you should really pay attention to Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183

There are certain fights that bring out your inner-fan, and Paul Daley vs. Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 183 is one of them. Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Gegard Mousasi requested Alexander Shlemenko be drug tested for Bellator 185

When Bellator middleweight Gegard Mousasi heard he’d be fighting ex-champ Alexander Shlemenko, he requested drug testing. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>