For the first time in three years, “The Count” will fight on English soil, it seems, and he’ll welcome a “Filipino Wrecking Machine” into the octagon.
MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the event that Michael Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) and Mark Munoz (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet at an as-yet-unnamed UFC event tentatively scheduled for Oct. 26 in Manchester, England.
The bout is expected to serve as a five-round main event for the card, which is expected to take place at Manchester Arena (formerly known as Manchester Evening News Arena).
UFC officials were unable to offer confirmation on either the matchup or the event, but multiple sources outside of the promotion indicated the plans were firm and an announcement was expected shortly. The sources could not confirm the official name or number of the event, but it seems likely to air in North America on FOX Sports 1 and not as a pay-per-view event.
No other bouts are currently rumored for the card.
Bisping was recently on the cusp of a long-awaited title shot before a January loss to Vitor Belfort ruined his chances. However, he’s since rebounded with a technical decision win over Alan Belcher and remains a top contender at middleweight. He also hasn’t always had the best opinion of his new opponent, who he often refereed to as both “fat” and “out of shape” for Munoz’s devastating knockout loss to now champ Chris Weidman.
Meanwhile, Munoz books his next appearance less than one week after earning a convincing win over Tim Boetsch at this past weekend’s UFC 162 event. It was Munoz’s first fight in one year after battling through both injury and depression following the loss to Weidman. Still, Munoz is now 5-1 in his past six fights, and with Anderson Silva‘s recent loss, the UFC 185-pound division is now wide open.
(Pictured: Michael Bisping)view original article >>
Check out the trailer for UFC champ Michael Bisping's latest acting gig, "My Name is Lenny." read news >>
On the heels of his major role in the “xXx” sequel earlier this year, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping soon will be back on the big screen.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>
UFC President Dana White told Fox Sports Australia's UFC Fight Week that a planned middleweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping has been called off. According to Fox Sports read news >>
A fight between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and former longtime welterweight titleholder Georges St-Pierre could still happen – just not in the way that was originally expected.Filed under: read news >>
UFC president Dana White declared that Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre has been canceled, but that Cody Garbrandt vs. TJ Dillashaw has not. read news >>
Could Georges St-Pierre’s long-awaited UFC comeback take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City? The former longtime UFC champ hinted on Tuesday that may be the case.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Michael Bisping is the underdog against Plan B; the middleweight champion would’ve been the ‘dog even with Plan A, as it turns out.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
With UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping still not recovered from a knee injury, UFC officials are considering an interim middleweight title fight. read news >>
UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has said he expects his next fight to be against returning legend Georges St-Pierre, despite organisation president Dana White appearing to cancel the bout o read news >>
Jorge Masvidal, during Wednesday's UFC 211 Ultimate Media Day, went off on Michael Bisping for refusing to fight Yoel Romero. read news >>