#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

Much is riding on Michael Bisping’s middleweight clash with Alan Belcher at UFC 159, a fact that appears to be lost on neither fighter.

Though Belcher initially threw down the gauntlet by wagering tattoos and expensive automobiles against the Brit, Bisping has shown little interest in what he has called “stupid bets.” Instead, the former “Ultimate Fighter” winner has stuck to straight-ahead verbal barbs in the lead-up to his meeting with Belcher at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

“A win over me, for Alan Belcher, would be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career,” Bisping said Monday during a media conference call. “It’s in the bag. It’s a formality. All I’m going to do is show up, slap you in the face, take my check and go home.”

Naturally, Belcher disputed that proposed outcome to Saturday’s duel, but “The Talent” did agree with Bisping’s stance on just what a victory in this fight would accomplish for both men. Though Bisping has come close to earning a title shot in nearly seven years with the promotion, “The Count” has yet to secure a crack at Anderson Silva’s belt. Most recently, Bisping was knocked out by Vitor Belfort on Jan. 19 in a result that once again derailed the Brit’s title aspirations.

“You’re only as good as your last fight, and my last fight was a loss. I don’t take that too well. I want to win fights, I’m a natural competitor,” said Bisping. “A win over Alan Belcher puts me back in the win column. It’s a win over a top-10 opponent and it gets me back in the mix for a title shot. As long as there’s life in my body, I’ll continue to try and get a title shot. I’m a fighter. I want to be the world champion. As long as my body can do it, I’m gonna keep trying.”

According to Bisping, there is indeed plenty of life left in his 34-year-old frame, a fact evidenced by his current physical status heading into his showdown with Belcher.

“Health-wise, going into this fight, I’m fantastic,” said Bisping. “We train hard and accumulate little injuries here and there, but there’s nothing that's going to hinder my performance and stop me from destroying Alan Belcher.”

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Luke Rockhold Trashes Michael Bisping's Title Reign as 'the Worst in UFC History' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has never been a fan of Michael Bisping but it seems he likes him even less a year and a half into his middleweight title reign in the UFC. Of course, Rockhold has a reason to hold a gr read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping's ideal scenario could delay retirement past GSP fight

Michael Bisping (sort of) walks back his comments on his last fight potentially being at UFC 217 against Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Declares He Didn't Dodge Anyone to Get Georges St-Pierre Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping said he had agreed to defend his belt against Robert Whittaker or Yoel Romero. read news >>

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping to appear on Wednesday's episode of 'Conan'

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping will sit opposite late-night host Conan O’Brien on Wednesday ahead of his UFC 217 main event.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping has spies watching GSP, promises first-round KO at UFC 217

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) puts his belt on the line against former welterweight title holder and all-time MMA great Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) in the read news >>

Ahead of UFC 217 press conference with GSP, watch Michael Bisping's best trash-talk

If you’re going to be in Las Vegas next week, you’ve got a chance to see UFC 217’s headliners – and budding rivals – in person.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Bisping joins Conan to talk GSP & UFC 217

Michael Bisping joined Conan last night to discuss his upcoming fight against Georges St-Pierre and much more! Bisping will attempt to defend his middleweight belt for the second time as he and St-Pi read news >>

Michael Bisping: Georges St-Pierre doesn't have balls to fight anyone he thinks he can't beat

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping accused ex-welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre of picking fights, while countering his own critics who say he dodges rightful contenders. Filed under: Featured read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: 'Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping' at UFC 217

Georges St-Pierre boldly guarantees he will beat Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight title after four years away.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Shoves Michael Bisping During UFC 217 Face-Offs (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

It took Michael Bisping 20 or 30 minutes of needling and placing hands on Georges St-Pierre, but he finally got the reaction that he wanted out of him. read news >>