#UFC on Fox 28 #UFC on FOX 17 #Jeremy Stephens #Josh Emmett #Ovince St. Preux #Ilir Latifi #Mike Perry #Max Griffin #Alan Jouban #Ben Saunders #Jessica Andrade #Tecia Torres #Renan Barao

Michael Bisping has spies watching GSP, promises first-round KO at UFC 217

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) puts his belt on the line against former welterweight title holder and all-time MMA great Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) in the main event of November’s blockbuster UFC 217 event.

While it’s no surprise that with any Michael Bisping fight comes a little trashtalk, “The Count” is rolling out a new wrinkle ahead of what could be his final UFC fight.

As the two fighters ramp up preparation for the Nov. 4 fight card at New York’s Madison Square Garden, Bisping took a moment on the latest edition of his “Believe You Me” podcast to tell co-host Luis J. Gomez that he has spies monitoring St-Pierre’s training.

“(St-Pierre) is actually in LA a lot these days,” Bisping said. “He’s been at the Wild Card Boxing gym, training with Freddie Roach. I have a couple of spies in there, by the way, and they told me some info.

“Georges, if you’re listening buddy, that’s a public domain. I know people in there. I know what you’re working on, pal. I know what you’re working on, and it ain’t going to work on me, Georgie boy.”

Oddsmakers currently have St-Pierre listed as a slight favorite, but with nearly five years away from competition, there certainly a few question marks surrounding the French-Canadian.

But Bisping believes predicting the outcome is simple. As the bigger man, not to mention the current champion, Bisping believes he’ll end the fight impressively – and early.

“Generally, when I fight wrestlers in the past, I move around a lot,” Bisping said. “I utilize a lot of lateral movement, forward and back movement, side to side, because if you’re moving, it’s hard for a wrestler to shoot a double leg on you because you’re a moving target. I won’t be doing that this time.

“I’m going to stand right in front of him, I’m going to plant my feet, I’m going to walk him down, put him on the back foot, and I’m going to knock him out in the first round. You have my word.”

For more on UFC 217, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 4 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Michael Bisping Not Fighting at UFC London; Is He Done? | MMAWeekly.com

Despite all the rumors swirling around Michael Bisping, the former UFC middleweight champion says he is not fighting at UFC London. read news >>

Michael Bisping announces he's not competing at UFC Fight Night 127 in London

With tickets set to go on sale later this week, UFC Fight Night 127 in London is still in need of a main event. read news >>

Mirsad Bektic Takes Out Godofredo Pepey in One Round at UFC on FOX 27 | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Mirsad Bektic's first-round finish of Godofredo Pepey at UFC on FOX 27 on Saturday in Charlotte, N.C. read news >>

Jacare Does It Again, Knocks Out Derek Brunson at UFC on FOX 27 | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Jacare Souza's first-round finish of Derek Brunson at UFC on FOX 27 on Saturday in Charlotte, N.C. read news >>

Yoel Romero Likely to Get Next Shot at UFC Champ Robert Whittaker | MMAWeekly.com

Yoel Romero was unable to win the interim UFC middleweight championship at UFC 221, but he'll likely still get the next shot at Robert Whittaker. read news >>

Champ Robert Whittaker got his wish when 'seriously crazy' Yoel Romero won at UFC 221

UFC middleweight champ Robert Whittaker offered a classy congratulations to Yoel Romero after his victory in Saturday’s UFC 221 main event. read news >>

Carlos Diego Ferreira Makes it Quick at UFC Austin (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Carlos Diego Ferreira's lightning quick first-round finish of Jared Gordon at UFC Fight Night 126 on Sunday in Austin, Texas. read news >>

Michael Bisping shoots down 'Derelict' Brunson: I've got bigger fish to fry

According to former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping, you can’t always trust what you see on the internet. read news >>

Brian Ortega: A Bad Match-up for the UFC Featherweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

After watching Royce Gracie in the early days of the UFC, a young Brian Ortega tried out jiu-jitsu -- and turned out to be a prodigy. read news >>

Kamaru Usman Continues to Call Out 'Scared' Colby Covington to Meet Him at UFC 224 | MMAWeekly.com

Kamaru Usman is getting tired of waiting and he's calling out No. 3 ranked welterweight Colby Covington to meet him at UFC 224 in Brazil read news >>