#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 55 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping (30-7 MMA, 20-7 UFC) puts his belt on the line against former welterweight title holder and all-time MMA great Georges St-Pierre (25-2 MMA, 19-2 UFC) in the main event of November’s blockbuster UFC 217 event.

While it’s no surprise that with any Michael Bisping fight comes a little trashtalk, “The Count” is rolling out a new wrinkle ahead of what could be his final UFC fight.

As the two fighters ramp up preparation for the Nov. 4 fight card at New York’s Madison Square Garden, Bisping took a moment on the latest edition of his “Believe You Me” podcast to tell co-host Luis J. Gomez that he has spies monitoring St-Pierre’s training.

“(St-Pierre) is actually in LA a lot these days,” Bisping said. “He’s been at the Wild Card Boxing gym, training with Freddie Roach. I have a couple of spies in there, by the way, and they told me some info.

“Georges, if you’re listening buddy, that’s a public domain. I know people in there. I know what you’re working on, pal. I know what you’re working on, and it ain’t going to work on me, Georgie boy.”

Oddsmakers currently have St-Pierre listed as a slight favorite, but with nearly five years away from competition, there certainly a few question marks surrounding the French-Canadian.

But Bisping believes predicting the outcome is simple. As the bigger man, not to mention the current champion, Bisping believes he’ll end the fight impressively – and early.

“Generally, when I fight wrestlers in the past, I move around a lot,” Bisping said. “I utilize a lot of lateral movement, forward and back movement, side to side, because if you’re moving, it’s hard for a wrestler to shoot a double leg on you because you’re a moving target. I won’t be doing that this time.

“I’m going to stand right in front of him, I’m going to plant my feet, I’m going to walk him down, put him on the back foot, and I’m going to knock him out in the first round. You have my word.”

For more on UFC 217, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• a month ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

GSP Stuns Michael Bisping at UFC 217, Is Among MMA's Greatest of All Time

The GOAT. The greatest of all time. The first was Fedor Emelianenko. Then it was Anderson Silva, but Chris Weidman sent him tumbling from the top. It was Jon Jones and would have likely stayed that w read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Gave Away His New UFC Middleweight Belt | MMAWeekly.com

After toppling middleweight champion Michael Bisping at UFC 217 at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Georges St-Pierre gave up the belt. No, he hasn't vacated the middleweight championship, although read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Chokes Out Michael Bisping to Become Middleweight Champion at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre blasted Michael Bisping with a vicious counter left hand before finishing the fight with a rear naked choke in the third round. Official result: Georges St-Pierre def. Michael Bispi read news >>

Twitter reacts to Georges St-Pierre's historic title win in return vs. Michael Bisping at UFC 217

See the top Twitter reacts to Georges St-Pierre’s victory over Michael Bisping in the UFC 217 main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Beats Michael Bisping by Submission in Return at UFC 217

It's official. Georges St-Pierre is back in the ranks of the UFC champions. After nearly four years away from the Octagon, GSP defeated Michael Bisping via third-round submission to take the belt awa read news >>

UFC interim champ Robert Whittaker picked Michael Bisping, will wait for Georges St-Pierre

Robert Whittaker favored Michael Bisping to beat Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217, but it looks like he’ll fight GSP instead.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

What Went Wrong for Michael Bisping (and Right for Georges St-Pierre) at UFC 217

He did it! He really did it! Georges St-Pierre, after a four-year break, walked back into the Octagon at UFC 217 on Saturday and recaptured gold by submitting middleweight champion Michael Bisping. I read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: 'My entourage told me it was a bad idea' to fight Michael Bisping at UFC 217

• a day ago

Georges St-Pierre admits there was some conflict within his team regarding his comeback vs. Michael Bisping at UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: Michael Bisping Is 'Begging Me' to Stand and Trade With Him at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre knows he has a lot of ways to beat Michael Bisping but he's counting on the fact that the middleweight champion only has one real weapon in his arsenal ahead of UFC 217. In the week read news >>

Michael Bisping, Jorge Masvidal get into profane altercation at UFC 217 fighters' hotel

Jorge Masvidal went into UFC 217 media day with Michael Bisping on his mind, and things got ugly when they crossed paths.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>