#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Michael Bisping #UFC Fight Night 117 #Johnson vs. Borg

Michael Bisping isn’t backing away from his desire to one day face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and he’s willing to go through Brian Stann to get there.

The always outspoken former Ultimate Fighter winner was in attendance to witness Anderson Silva’s latest victory, a second round TKO over Chael Sonnen to cap off UFC 148.

While Bisping says he believes Silva’s knee strike that eventually brought about the end of the fight was illegal, he still gives the champion his due as the best in the world. He just happens to know he’d do much better against Silva than his last opponent did.

“I want to fight the guy because I want to see how I can do against him. I beat a lot of guys, but I want to beat that guy. I think I can do better and I’m never going to know that until I get in there with him. Yes, I want to fight him. Yes, I want to get paid for a title shot, I want the main event, I want all that, but for me personally for my mind and soul, I want to fight the guy to know how I would do,” Bisping told Fuel TV in an interview after UFC 148 ended.

“Because I think I can do better than Chael Sonnen did, in fact I know I can do better than what Chael Sonnen did.”

Right now however, Bisping is still recovering from knee surgery and waiting for his next appointment inside the Octagon.

He hopes to return at UFC 152 in Toronto in September, and while a number of opponents have been mentioned including fellow middleweight Alan Belcher, he’s also open to a fight against former WEC champion Brian Stann.

The decorated Marine recently told MMAWeekly.com that he wanted to fight Bisping and welcomed the fight to happen in Toronto this September.

“I think that’s a fight that I need to jump at because he’s obviously ranked higher than I am. He’s a guy that’s right up there in the mix for a title shot, which is what we all want. Of course I want to fight Michael Bisping,” said Stann.

Well if that’s the fight UFC matchmaker Joe Silva decides to put together, Bisping is more than happy to sign the contract and make the fight official.

“Brian Stann, it looks like your balls have grown a little bit. Listen mate, respect you’re a great fighter you really are, you’re a fantastic individual, I have nothing but respect but if you step into that Octagon with me you’re going to get your ass kicked so just know that,” said Bisping.

“So when you sign that contract, you’re going to get knocked out, you’re going to get beat down, You’re going to get cut up, you’re going to get bloody, you’re going to get messed up, you’re going to get beat. Period.”

It remains to be seen who will get the next crack at Bisping, but he’s obviously fired up and ready to get back in the Octagon with whoever the UFC throws at him.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic didn't know UFC planned Jon Jones fight, wants better contract

Stipe Miocic simply wants to get paid what he feels is right as the UFC heavyweight champion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor tells more about sports fans than it does the fighters

It was the spectacle we expected. We’ll talk about it for a day or two. And then, as sports fans, we’ll be on to the next hot-button topic.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Andre Berto Tells Dana White to Call Him, Wants to Be 1st Boxing and UFC Champ

Boxer Andre Berto has made a plea to UFC president Dana White to get in touch with him about a potential crossover to MMA. Berto, who fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2015, made it clear to TMZ he feel read news >>

Photo: Conor McGregor Jr.'s face tells the story of his papa's TKO loss to Floyd Mayweather

A picture is worth a thousand words, and that could apply to an image of Conor McGregor’s new baby snapped at ringside Saturday night.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, UFC read news >>

UFC and 7-Eleven, Inc. Sign Sponsorship Agreement

UFC®, the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization, today announced a new agreement with 7-Eleven®, the world’s largest convenience store chain, in which the industry-leader will serve as the read news >>

DWCS 8 UFC contract winner Matt Frevola: 'When I hit people, they fall'

New UFC contract winner Matt Frevola has a very simple outlook on his fights: “When I hit people, they fall.”Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC contract winner Lauren Mueller on how failed 'TUF 26' bid helped her be ready for DWCS 8

Lauren Mueller had only three pro bouts when she got the call for Dana White’s Contender Series. But that doesn’t takes from her confidence.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo Wants to Finish Fights in UFC Contract to Start Boxing, Coach Says

Former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo may soon follow in the footsteps of Conor McGregor and take his talents to the boxing ring. "He’s training boxing because he has this dream of competing in read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Knockout of the Month' for August: A kick that earned a UFC contract

Here are the five nominees and winner of MMAjunkie’s “Knockout of the Month” award for August 2017.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>