#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone #Nick Diaz #Robbie Lawler

Michael Bisping is not a fighter who holds his tongue about much of anything.

The brash outspoken former Ultimate Fighter winner is very straight forward about pretty much any subject that you approach him with, and love it or hate it, he’ll give you his opinion or tell you exactly what happened.

Such was the case when Bisping recently received a rather odd direct message on Twitter from none other that UFC 148 main event fighter Chael Sonnen.

Bisping and Sonnen battled back in January at UFC on Fox 2 with Sonnen coming out on top by unanimous decision, although it was a very close fight.

According to the Brit, Sonnen messaged him in a rather cryptic manner after it was revealed that he was out of his fight with Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 due to injury. This was around the same time that rumors were swirling that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was possibly injured and out of his UFC 148 bout with Sonnen.

“The thing is with direct messages on Twitter is it’s personal; it’s private. I think it would be improper of me to divulge that information, but when have you known me to do the proper thing. So here we have the information, I was actually sat in the doctor’s (office) when this came through. ‘Alright man, here’s my guess, you’re not hurt and we are rematching. If I am right give me a clue in your tweet. Include the word “lad” in your next tweet,’” Bisping revealed on Fuel TV’s UFC Tonight on Tuesday.

“And I’m sitting in the doctor’s surgery and I’m like what the hell is this guy talking about? Obviously, he’s quaking in his boots at the thought of a rematch cause he knows I won the last fight and he doesn’t want to fight me again.”

After a few minutes, Bisping received a second message from Sonnen that seemed to close the book on the first message at least.

“Then another one came through and went ‘alright never mind, conspiracy theory is over. Get well soon.’” said Bisping. “So Planet Chael strikes again.”

It appears that the rumors about Silva’s injury at least reached Sonnen in West Linn, Ore., but at this point have been dispelled and the Brazilian legend will indeed defend his belt at UFC 148 in July.

As for Bisping, he’s on the mend for the next few weeks after having surgery to repair a knee injury suffered in training. The middleweight contender doesn’t expect to be on the shelf for very long, and hopes to jump right back into the title mix, if not a title shot upon his return.

“I’ve been around the UFC since 2005 and I’ve been consistently fighting the best guys in the world. I feel I’ve put together a good win streak and I deserve a shot. My last fight was a No. 1 contender match-up with Chael Sonnen. It was a very, very close fight. Some might call it a controversial decision. I think the general consensus is that I won that fight. I know Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta) said that as well,” said Bisping.

“So if Chael wins, I don’t see why I don’t get a shot at the title straight away.”

The contender’s race in the UFC middleweight division appears to have at least a few viable names including Bisping along with former NCAA champion Mark Munoz. It remains to be seen, however, if Bisping will get a rematch with Sonnen with the title on the line.

A lot has to happen before they can even contemplate that match-up, but maybe a few more private messages exchanged via Twitter can at least start the conversation.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Chael Sonnen Fights

• 3 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Twitter Mailbag: Will Michael Bisping really retire? Would 'GSP' really defend?

Will Michael Bisping really retire, or is he just trying to tease out some extra pay-per-view buys? And if Georges St-Pierre wins the belt, will he really take on a top contender next? All that and m read news >>

Luke Rockhold Trashes Michael Bisping's Title Reign as 'the Worst in UFC History' | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold has never been a fan of Michael Bisping but it seems he likes him even less a year and a half into his middleweight title reign in the UFC. Of course, Rockhold has a reason to hold a gr read news >>

Aljamain Sterling lures Jimmie Rivera into Twitter beef – gets vengeful response

Aljamain Sterling is using his Twitter savvy to angle for a fight with fellow bantamweight contender Jimmie Rivera. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Fires Back at 'Stupid' Luke Rockhold After Recent Comments | MMAWeekly.com

The war of words between Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold rages on. On Wednesday night, Rockhold claimed that Bisping's championship reign was "the worst in UFC history" while mocking the fact that read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: If Michael Bisping expects same ol' GSP, 'it's a big mistake on his part'

Georges St-Pierre vows to come out aggressively looking to finish middleweight champ Michael Bisping at UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Gokhan Saki's thrilling KO in debut at UFC Fight Night 117

See how Twitter reacted to Gokhan Saki’s exciting octagon debut against Henrique da Silva at UFC Fight Night 117.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Jessica Andrade's lopsided win vs. Claudia Gadelha at UFC Fight Night 117

See the top Twitter reacts to Jessica Andrade’s victory over Claudia Gadelha in the UFC Fight Night 117 co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Ovince Saint Preux's latest Von Flue-choke win at UFC Fight Night 117

See the top Twitter reacts to Ovince Saint Preux’s submission win over Yushin Okami in the UFC Fight Night 117 main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping: Yushin Okami's loss to Ovince Saint Preux was 'absolutely amateurish'

Michael Bisping laid into Yushin Okami for succumbing to Ovince Saint Preux’s Von Flue choke in the UFC Fight Night 117 main event.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Roy Nelson's debut victory over Javy Ayala at Bellator 183

See how Twitter reacted to Roy Nelson’s unanimous decision victory in his Bellator debut at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>