#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #GSP #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Nick Diaz #Michael Bisping #Holly Holm #Fight Night Rotterdam #Demetrious Johnson #Anderson Silva

Michael Bisping - UFC on Fox 2

Michael Bisping

When reports kicked up that a UFC on FX 7 fighter failed his drug test for the event on Jan. 19 in Brazil, rumors started flying, pointing the finger at Vitor Belfort, who defeated Michael Bisping in the main event.

As it turns out, it was Thiago Tavares that tested positive, not Belfort.

Belfort has still come under much scrutiny, however, when it became public that he had a therapeutic use exemption for Testosterone for that fight.

Bisping has long been a critic of TRT usage in mixed martial arts, and while he makes no excuses for his loss to Belfort, the brash British fighter did recently release an official statement about Belfort’s “legal” TRT usage.

Official Michael Bisping Statement on Vitor Belfort:

As some of you may know, I’ve just got back to Orange County from filming a movie in England.   There have been dozens and dozens of interview requests and tweets about the recent news.

I’m back in England next week for the UFC on FUEL show, and right now all I really want to do is see my family, especially my daughter, who turned just turned 10 (happy birthday, Elle!). So, I wanted to do a short statement here and then move on to my fight with Alan Belcher, April 27th at UFC 159.

Here’s what I’ve got to say:

As I said right after the fight, I lost because I made a mistake and Vitor took advantage of it. It sucks. I don’t like it, but that was the result. I lost. Bottom line.

Over the past couple years, and even right before the fight, I have made my views on TRT very, very clear.  I don’t feel that I need to go into depth about it again right now.  All I have to add, about this specific instance, is that it is very disappointing that someone who was caught cheating with testosterone in the past, now gets to use testosterone legally.  A well known side effect of steroids is that it reduces testosterone, so I don’t understand how it would make sense to then grant someone an exemption to then increase testosterone.

All that being said, I am not here to make excuses or cry over spilled milk.  I fight in the best organization in the world, The UFC, and am very excited to work and earn a title fight, the right way.  That process starts by whooping Alan Belcher’s ass at UFC 159 on Saturday, April 27th, live on PPV.

Thanks everyone for their support – can’t wait to spend some time with British UFC fans in London next week and I will be back, better than ever.

Be sure to Like MMAWeekly.com on Facebook and Follow @MMAWeeklycom on Twitter.

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Andrea Lee releases statement on scrapped UFC 216 bout

Due to a past drug-testing issue, Andrea Lee will have to wait six months to make her debut in the UFC women’s flyweight division.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC releases statement on Las Vegas shooting; fighters react to tragedy

The UFC has released a statement on Sunday’s mass shooting on the Las Vegas strip.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nik Lentz releases statement on UFC 216 scratch, says it's not his fault

Nik Lentz said his decision to go to the hospital because of a health issue forced his withdrawal from tonight’ UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nik Lentz Releases Statement Revealing Why He Was Removed from UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Lightweight fighter Nik Lentz has been forced out of his scheduled fight against former teammate Will Brooks, and now we know why. The Lentz vs. Brooks bout had been slated for the UFC 216 Prelims on read news >>

Michael Bisping: Georges St-Pierre doesn't have balls to fight anyone he thinks he can't beat

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping accused ex-welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre of picking fights, while countering his own critics who say he dodges rightful contenders. Filed under: Featured read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: 'Water is wet, fire burns, and I'm going to beat Michael Bisping' at UFC 217

Georges St-Pierre boldly guarantees he will beat Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight title after four years away.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Shoves Michael Bisping During UFC 217 Face-Offs (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

It took Michael Bisping 20 or 30 minutes of needling and placing hands on Georges St-Pierre, but he finally got the reaction that he wanted out of him. read news >>

UFC 216 official weigh-in results

The official weigh-in results for UFC 216, which is headlined by Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee as they battle for the interim lightweight title. The event airs live on Pay-Per-View Saturday, Oct. 7 at read news >>

UFC Responds to Las Vegas Shooting Tragedy | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC, which has long made its home base in Las Vegas, issued a statement on Monday in response to Sunday's tragic concert shooting. read news >>

UFC Statement on Nik Lentz

Due to medical issues with Nik Lentz, his bout against Will Brooks at UFC 216 has been cancelled. read news >>