UFC officials announced late Wednesday evening that the former Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight king will face Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 in Calgary on July 21. Michael Bisping was originally slated to face “The Barbarian” on the card, the “Ultimate Fighter” Season 3 winner was forced to withdraw from the contest due to an injury suffered while training. It was the latest in a long string of injury woes for the Las Vegas-based promotion, which recently lost Brian Stann -- Lombard’s initial matchup -- to an undisclosed injury earlier Wednesday.
UFC 149 takes place at the Scotiabank Saddledome and is expected to be headlined by a featherweight title tilt between reigning champion Jose Aldo and Erik Koch; also on the bill is a heavyweight clash pitting Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira against Cheick Kongo.
Lombard enters his UFC debut riding a 25-fight unbeaten streak. The 34-year-old Cuban went unbeaten in eight Bellator appearances, most recently besting Trevor Prangley at Bellator 58 in November. The American Top Team representative owns notable victories over Alexander Shlemenko, Brian Ebersole, James Te Huna and Joe Doerksen, among others.
After posting a 3-3 mark to begin his Octagon career as a light heavyweight, Boetsch has appeared rejuvenated since dropping to 185 pounds prior to UFC 130, defeating Kendall Grove, Nick Ring and Yushin Okami in his first three middleweight bouts.view original article >>
Check out the trailer for UFC champ Michael Bisping's latest acting gig, "My Name is Lenny." read news >>
On the heels of his major role in the “xXx” sequel earlier this year, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping soon will be back on the big screen.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>
UFC President Dana White told Fox Sports Australia's UFC Fight Week that a planned middleweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping has been called off. According to Fox Sports read news >>
A fight between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and former longtime welterweight titleholder Georges St-Pierre could still happen – just not in the way that was originally expected.Filed under: read news >>
UFC president Dana White declared that Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre has been canceled, but that Cody Garbrandt vs. TJ Dillashaw has not. read news >>
Could Georges St-Pierre’s long-awaited UFC comeback take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City? The former longtime UFC champ hinted on Tuesday that may be the case.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Jorge Masvidal, during Wednesday's UFC 211 Ultimate Media Day, went off on Michael Bisping for refusing to fight Yoel Romero. read news >>
Michael Bisping is the underdog against Plan B; the middleweight champion would’ve been the ‘dog even with Plan A, as it turns out.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
You won’t find a bigger believer in Chas Skelly’s talent and toughness than his recent UFC 211 opponent, Jason Knight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has said he expects his next fight to be against returning legend Georges St-Pierre, despite organisation president Dana White appearing to cancel the bout o read news >>