#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #Saturday Night Fights #David Branch #Nate Diaz #GGG #DWTNCS #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping

Michael-Bisping-02_UFC110-460x270UFC middleweights Michael Bisping and Alan Belcher have been entangled in bitter war of words for months.  It’s no secret that the two men do not like each other.  They’ve gone at each other in interview after interview and they’ve engaged in insult exchanges on social media.

But the time for talking is nearly over.

The two meet in the UFC 159 co-main event on Saturday to settle their differences. Bisping believes there’s no way he can lose to Belcher.

“Health wise, going into this fight I’m fantastic.  Fighters train hard and we accumulate injuries over the years, but nothing that is going to stop me from destroying Alan Belcher come Saturday night,” said Bisping during a media conference call on Monday.

“I’ve got a great camp, feel fantastic.  Yes, as I said, all fighters kind of carry a couple of injuries here and there, but there’s nothing that’s going to hinder my performance and nothing on this planet that is going to help Alan Belcher.”

Bisping was on the cusp of earning a title shot in the 185-pound division, but was knocked out by Vitor Belfort in his last outing on Jan. 19. He hopes a win over Belcher will put him back in the title picture.

“Well, obviously it draws me back in the win column.  It eradicates my last loss.  You’re only as good as your last fight and my last fight was a loss.  And I don’t take that too well.  I want to win fights. I’m a natural competitor.  A win over Alan Belcher puts me back in the win column.  As I say, I get redemption for my last fight.  It’s a win over a Top 10 opponent,” he said.

“And it gets me back in the mix for the title shot.  That’s what I want, and as long as there’s blood – sorry, life in my body – I will continue to try and get that title shot.  I’m a fighter.  I want to be the world champion, and I ain’t stopping until – as long as my body can do it, I’m going to keep trying,” said the 34-year-old Brit.

“A win over me for Alan Belcher will be by far the biggest win of his pathetic career,” he added, not believing in any way that it will happen.

Bisping’s confidence is high heading into the fight with Belcher.  On the call, he addressed Belcher directly, claiming the fight is all but over before it begins.

“Hey bro, I ain’t going to lose to you, man.  It’s in the bag.  All I got to do is – it’s a formality.  I just got to show up, slap your little face, take my check and go home.”

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

One UFC middleweight standout's take on Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping

There’s been a fair amount of hand-wringing over the upcoming UFC middleweight title bout between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping, but UFC middleweight Brad Tavares takes no issue with it. File read news >>

Ex-champ Luke Rockhold calls UFC 217 headliner between Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre 'a joke'

Luke Rockhold is fighting ex-WSOF champ David Branch at UFC Fight Night 116, but he’ll be ready if there’s a shuffle at the top of UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Believes Jon Jones Should Be Banned for Life | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping probably has more right than anybody in the UFC to hate fighters who cheat and use performance enhancing drugs. Throughout his own career in the Octagon, Bisping has faced numerous fi read news >>

A for effort, D- for execution: Michael Bisping tries Valentina Shevchenko's nifty dance moves

UFC middleweight champion and UFC 215 commentator Michael Bisping gave it a solid effort, even if the results left something to be desired.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold Wins but Stays in Middleweight Shadows

Last June, Luke Rockhold defended the UFC middleweight championship against Michael Bisping. Bisping, a seasoned veteran who had never even earned a title shot, took the fight against Rockhold on lat read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping: Georges St-Pierre fight could be my last – win or lose

“There’s a lot of people saying, ‘Mike, you should retire,'” and Michael Bisping is giving it serious consideration.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Might Retire After Fighting Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is considering retirement after he fights Georges St-Pierre. read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping's ideal scenario could delay retirement past GSP fight

• a day ago

Michael Bisping (sort of) walks back his comments on his last fight potentially being at UFC 217 against Georges St-Pierre.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold Trashes Michael Bisping's Title Reign as 'the Worst in UFC History' | MMAWeekly.com

• 17 hours ago

Luke Rockhold has never been a fan of Michael Bisping but it seems he likes him even less a year and a half into his middleweight title reign in the UFC. Of course, Rockhold has a reason to hold a gr read news >>