#UFC Fight Night 83 #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Phoenix Fight Night #Vengeance Fighting Alliance #Duelo De Giagantes

Some might say that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva‘s reign of terror at 185lbs has cleared out every major contender the weight class currently offers.

There are a quite a few fighters sitting in the top ten of the division however that haven’t faced Silva yet and would love their chance to prove everybody wrong.

Michael Bisping sits among those top ten middleweights all hoping to get the next crack at Anderson Silva.

Recently, Bisping sat down with MMAWeekly Radio to break down and give his thoughts on the middleweight division, and the list of contenders who all believe they deserve a shot at Anderson Silva.

Of course, Bisping didn’t hold anything back when giving his opinion on any of the fighters that might be standing in his way of getting to Anderson Silva.

“There’s Alan Belcher, who’s a decent talent, no pun intended. He’s decent, but I think I match-up very well with him and I think I take him apart pretty easily. I don’t really see him vying for the title, or doing very well at all,” Bisping said.

The Brit then moved on to former NCAA champion Mark Munoz, who is currently recovering from elbow and foot injuries after a loss to Chris Weidman in July.

“You’ve got Mark Munoz – Mark Munoz who I never really thought was that good anyways. He was a wrestler with a very suspect chin, terrible boxing, and a style he refers to as ‘Donkey Kong’. I think anyone that refers to themselves as Donkey Kong needs to take a good look at themselves, and he was exposed when he fought Chris Weidman. I never thought he was that good to start with,” Bisping stated.

“Is he a nice guy? Yeah, he’s a (expletive) ace guy, one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Do I think he’s all that? No, I thought he was overhyped all the time.”

So what about Chris Weidman?

He currently sits atop the contender’s list for most people ranking the middleweight division, but Bisping isn’t sold on him at all and believes he’s another fighter ranked too high just waiting to be exposed.

“Chris Weidman, I think he’s overhyped as well. Up until the point when he fought Demian Maia I had never heard of Chris Weidman before in my life because he had been fighting bums on the undercard. Then he fights Demian Maia and I had to turn the TV off in my dressing room because it was the most boring fight I’ve ever seen in my life,” Bisping explained.

“Upon that he fights Mark Munoz, and yeah he beats him, but if I remember right the crowd booed unbelievably throughout the first round because he just laid on him. Then he knocked him out with an elbow, but that’s due to the fact that Mark Munoz came in out of shape, unfocused, and looking like he was at a rock concert and not a UFC fight.”

Then there’s Brian Stann who Bisping faces at UFC 152, but again the former Ultimate Fighter competitor already knows he won’t be relevant in this conversation for much longer.

Brian Stann, obviously I’m fighting him in 10 days, so we’ll see what’s up with that. I’m confident in beating him so we don’t really need to talk about that,” said Bisping.

Once Bisping carves up and whittles down the other contenders list, it obviously only leaves one name remaining for the fighter who should be facing Anderson Silva next.

“So who does that leave? Oh yeah, that leaves me,” Bisping stated.

“I’ve been here for a long, long time and I’m ready to (expletive) take the title off of Anderson Silva. I don’t just want a title shot, I want to win the title. I’m a fighter, I don’t want a payday, I want to be the champ and I believe I can be.”

To hear the entire interview with Michael Bisping listen to Tuesday’s edition of MMAWeekly Radio

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 7 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Bellator 188 features title rematch between champ Patricio Freire, Daniel Weichel

Daniel Weichel nearly captured the title from Patricio Freire once before.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 182's Joey Davis' modest goals for MMA career? 'I want to be the next big thing'

Four-time NCAA Division II national champion and unbeaten wrestler Joey Davis already is daring to dream big ahead of Bellator 182.Filed under: Bellator, News, Videos read news >>

Demetrious Johnson Predicts Mayweather vs. McGregor Upset | MMAWeekly.com

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson breaks down the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor super fight and predicts an upset. read news >>

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

Conor McGregor Breaks Down the Fight With a Notorious Drink (FULL Post Press Remarks) | MMAWeekly.com

Hear everything Conor McGregor had to say while enjoying his Notorious Irish whiskey after losing to Floyd Mayweather in their epic event. read news >>

The Ultimate Fighter 26 Debut: Roxanne Modafferi Dominates in First Fight | MMAWeekly.com

When the Ultimate Fighting Championship brought in the women's 115-pound division in 2014, the promotion held a tournament on The Ultimate Fighter 20 to crown the inaugural strawweight champion. They read news >>

Michael Johnson Dropping to Featherweight, Wants to Face Jose Aldo | MMAWeekly.com

Ninth-ranked lightweight Michael Johnson wants to drop down to the featherweight division to take on 'new face,' and wants to fight former champion Jose Aldo. read news >>

UFC 215 Countdown: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg | MMAWeekly.com

On the verge of breaking Anderson Silva's record for title defenses, Demetrious Johnson and his longtime coach brace for a career-making moment. read news >>

One UFC middleweight standout's take on Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping

There’s been a fair amount of hand-wringing over the upcoming UFC middleweight title bout between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping, but UFC middleweight Brad Tavares takes no issue with it. File read news >>

'UFC 215 Embedded,' No. 2: Demetrious Johnson breaks down how to 'f*ck sh*t up'

Go behind the scenes of fight week with all four title fight competitors of UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>