#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #GSP #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #Darren Till #Nate Diaz #Kevin Lee #Michael Bisping #Nick Diaz #Donald Cerrone #Robbie Lawler

Middleweight champion Michael “The Count” Bisping will return to the Octagon for the first time since October 2016 at UFC 217 on Nov. 4 against former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. St-Pierre has been out of action since November 2013, but Bisping is expecting “Rush” to show up in top form.

“Georges is always in shape. He’s a consummate professional. I’m expecting the best Georges St-Pierre and that’s what I’m preparing for. He’s been lifting a lot of weight and preparing for this for a long time. He does look a little bigger. He looks like he’s packed on some muscle, so maybe that’s going to slow him down. Who knows? I don’t care,” Bisping recently told UFC.com.

“Georges can get as big as he wants. I hope he does. All that muscle needs oxygen and slow him down, slow down his punches and he’ll gas quicker,” added Bisping.

Before stepping away from the sport after defending the 170-pound title nine consecutive times, there was talk of GSP moving up to the middleweight division for superfights. He always maintained that it would take time to put on the size needed to compete against bigger opponents. He’s had that time, but he’ll still be smaller than Bisping when they meet at Madison Square Garden.

“He can be as big as he wants. Georges can get as big as he wants, but guess what? He’s still going to be the smallest guy I’ve ever fought. It’s as simple as that. I’ve been fighting monsters at 205 and 185 for my entire career,” said the middleweight titleholder.

Bisping believes St-Pierre sought the bout because he thinks Bisping is an easy stylistic match-up. “The Count” also believes that St-Pierre will be in for a rude awakening on Nov. 4.

“He’s looking at me as an easy fight. That’s why he wants to fight me,” he said. “Georges thinks I’m an easy fight for him stylistically. He thinks that he can take me down and hold me down. But Georges, you’re wrong.”

While Bisping is expecting a tough fight, he also can see himself taking out the former welterweight champion early in the UFC 217 main event.

“I think I beat Georges all day. I really do. I know he’s going to be a tough fight. I know he’s going to be bigger and more powerful than he’s ever been. I know he’s got great karate. He’s a consummate professional. He’s a fantastic athlete. He’s probably stretching everyday. He’s probably eating (expletive) egg whites every morning. I’m cut from the other side of the cloth. I’ll drink a six pack and knock that bum out,” said Bisping.

“It’s going to be a tough fight. It ain’t no walk in the park, but I also believe that I can take Georges out in the first round. I’m going to lower my base. I’m going to walk forward, and I’m going to put it on him from the opening bell.”

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Michael Bisping Explains the Only Way He'll Stick Around After Fighting Georges St-Pierre | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping's career is coming to an end soon. The UFC middleweight champion has long addressed the possibility that he would be retiring from the sport sooner rather than later with only a coupl read news >>

Michael Bisping Declares He Didn't Dodge Anyone to Get Georges St-Pierre Fight | MMAWeekly.com

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping said he had agreed to defend his belt against Robert Whittaker or Yoel Romero. read news >>

Freddie Roach: Georges St-Pierre's Punches Pack More Power Than Ever | MMAWeekly.com

Legendary boxing trainer Freddie Roach is working with former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre for his return fight at UFC 217. read news >>

Don't Be Surprised if Georges St-Pierre Calls Out Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

If Georges St-Pierre defeats Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight belt in November, don't be surprised if he calls out Conor McGregor. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Shoves Michael Bisping During UFC 217 Face-Offs (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

It took Michael Bisping 20 or 30 minutes of needling and placing hands on Georges St-Pierre, but he finally got the reaction that he wanted out of him. read news >>

Michael Bisping Relentlessly Attacked Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217 Press Conference | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping was trying with all his might to get a reaction out of Georges St-Pierre at their UFC 217 Kick-off Press Conference on Friday. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre was Offered Anderson Silva Before Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

Though he is slated to challenge Michael Bisping at UFC 217, Georges St-Pierre had a possible bout with Anderson Silva in the offing. read news >>

Michael Bisping Keeps Blasting Georges St-Pierre Over Steroids | MMAWeekly.com

Though he briefly shied away from the notion, Michael Bisping recently doubled down, throwing steroid accusations in Georges St-Pierre's face. read news >>

UFC 217 Extended Preview: Michael Bisping Has Been Racking Up Wins; What About Georges St-Pierre? | MMAWeekly.com

Take a deeper look into UFC 217: Bisping vs. St-Pierre, which features three world title fights. read news >>

Dana White Separates Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre in Toronto (UFC 217 Face-Off) | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is on a mission to crawl under the skin of Georges St-Pierre. It will have been four years since St-Pierre last fought when he enters the O read news >>