#UFC Fight Night 123 #Brian Ortega #Cub Swanson #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #UFC 218 #GLORY Redemption #Rico Verhoeven #Marlon Moraes #Aljamain Sterling #Gabriel Benitez #Jason Knight #Francis Ngannou #Max Holloway #Alistair Overeem

Middleweight champion Michael “The Count” Bisping will return to the Octagon for the first time since October 2016 at UFC 217 on Nov. 4 against former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. St-Pierre has been out of action since November 2013, but Bisping is expecting “Rush” to show up in top form.

“Georges is always in shape. He’s a consummate professional. I’m expecting the best Georges St-Pierre and that’s what I’m preparing for. He’s been lifting a lot of weight and preparing for this for a long time. He does look a little bigger. He looks like he’s packed on some muscle, so maybe that’s going to slow him down. Who knows? I don’t care,” Bisping recently told UFC.com.

“Georges can get as big as he wants. I hope he does. All that muscle needs oxygen and slow him down, slow down his punches and he’ll gas quicker,” added Bisping.

Before stepping away from the sport after defending the 170-pound title nine consecutive times, there was talk of GSP moving up to the middleweight division for superfights. He always maintained that it would take time to put on the size needed to compete against bigger opponents. He’s had that time, but he’ll still be smaller than Bisping when they meet at Madison Square Garden.

“He can be as big as he wants. Georges can get as big as he wants, but guess what? He’s still going to be the smallest guy I’ve ever fought. It’s as simple as that. I’ve been fighting monsters at 205 and 185 for my entire career,” said the middleweight titleholder.

Bisping believes St-Pierre sought the bout because he thinks Bisping is an easy stylistic match-up. “The Count” also believes that St-Pierre will be in for a rude awakening on Nov. 4.

“He’s looking at me as an easy fight. That’s why he wants to fight me,” he said. “Georges thinks I’m an easy fight for him stylistically. He thinks that he can take me down and hold me down. But Georges, you’re wrong.”

While Bisping is expecting a tough fight, he also can see himself taking out the former welterweight champion early in the UFC 217 main event.

“I think I beat Georges all day. I really do. I know he’s going to be a tough fight. I know he’s going to be bigger and more powerful than he’s ever been. I know he’s got great karate. He’s a consummate professional. He’s a fantastic athlete. He’s probably stretching everyday. He’s probably eating (expletive) egg whites every morning. I’m cut from the other side of the cloth. I’ll drink a six pack and knock that bum out,” said Bisping.

“It’s going to be a tough fight. It ain’t no walk in the park, but I also believe that I can take Georges out in the first round. I’m going to lower my base. I’m going to walk forward, and I’m going to put it on him from the opening bell.”

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 2 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Michael Bisping Reveals Retirement Plan and It's Not Centered on Kelvin Gastelum | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping has his sights set on a retirement, but it's not focused on his UFC China bout with Kelvin Gastelum. read news >>

Watch Tim Means Flatten John Howard (UFC KO of the Week) | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Means faces off against Belal Muhammad in an important welterweight match up at Fight Night Sydney on Saturday, November 18 live on FS1. read news >>

Michael Bisping: Anderson Silva 'Completely Destroys' His Legacy Following Latest Failed Drug Test | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping and Kelvin Gastelum comment on Anderson Silva being flagged by USADA again read news >>

Watch Fabricio Werdum Submit Rodrigo Nogueira (UFC Sydney Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch former champ Fabricio Werdum submit the legendary Rodrigo Nogueira. Werdum next faces Marcin Tybura in the main event of Fight Night Sydney on Saturday. read news >>

Michael Bisping and Kelvin Gastelum UFC Shanghai Media Call | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) After Anderson Silva was pulled from the UFC Shanghai main event because of a potential anti-doping violation, Michael Bisping agreed to step into the fight with Kelvin Gastelum wit read news >>

Georges St-Pierre Gets Raucous Ovation at Montreal Canadiens Game (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

After taking the middleweight title from Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre returned home before a raucous crowd at the Montreal Canadiens hockey game. read news >>

Relive Michael Bisping's TKO Win Over Cung Le (UFC Shanghai Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Take a look back at Michael Bisping's TKO win over Cung Le. Bisping steps in on short notice to face Kelvin Gastelum in the main event of Fight Night Shanghai. read news >>

Dominick Cruz Out; John Lineker Now Faces Jimmie Rivera at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Following an injury to former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz, John Lineker has stepped up to face Jimmie Rivera at UFC 219 in Las Vegas on Dec. 30. UFC officials announced the matchup on Tuesday read news >>

Jorge Masvidal Doesn't Want Georges St-Pierre to Hold Up the Welterweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

No. 6 ranked welterweight Jorge Masvidal hopes his weight class doesn't experience the same log jam that the lightweight and middleweight division's have. read news >>

Kelvin Gastelum Sees Himself 'Demolishing' Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

Hear from Kelvin Gastelum before he takes on former middleweight champion Michael Bisping this Saturday at Fight Night Shanghai. read news >>