#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #UFC Fight Night 57 #Sage Northcutt #Derrick Lewis #Conor McGregor #Roy Nelson #Matt Mitrione #Bellator 194

Michael Bisping: 'I'll Drink a Six Pack and Knock Georges St-Pierre Out' | MMAWeekly.com

Middleweight champion Michael “The Count” Bisping will return to the Octagon for the first time since October 2016 at UFC 217 on Nov. 4 against former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. St-Pierre has been out of action since November 2013, but Bisping is expecting “Rush” to show up in top form.

“Georges is always in shape. He’s a consummate professional. I’m expecting the best Georges St-Pierre and that’s what I’m preparing for. He’s been lifting a lot of weight and preparing for this for a long time. He does look a little bigger. He looks like he’s packed on some muscle, so maybe that’s going to slow him down. Who knows? I don’t care,” Bisping recently told UFC.com.

“Georges can get as big as he wants. I hope he does. All that muscle needs oxygen and slow him down, slow down his punches and he’ll gas quicker,” added Bisping.

Before stepping away from the sport after defending the 170-pound title nine consecutive times, there was talk of GSP moving up to the middleweight division for superfights. He always maintained that it would take time to put on the size needed to compete against bigger opponents. He’s had that time, but he’ll still be smaller than Bisping when they meet at Madison Square Garden.

“He can be as big as he wants. Georges can get as big as he wants, but guess what? He’s still going to be the smallest guy I’ve ever fought. It’s as simple as that. I’ve been fighting monsters at 205 and 185 for my entire career,” said the middleweight titleholder.

Bisping believes St-Pierre sought the bout because he thinks Bisping is an easy stylistic match-up. “The Count” also believes that St-Pierre will be in for a rude awakening on Nov. 4.

“He’s looking at me as an easy fight. That’s why he wants to fight me,” he said. “Georges thinks I’m an easy fight for him stylistically. He thinks that he can take me down and hold me down. But Georges, you’re wrong.”

While Bisping is expecting a tough fight, he also can see himself taking out the former welterweight champion early in the UFC 217 main event.

“I think I beat Georges all day. I really do. I know he’s going to be a tough fight. I know he’s going to be bigger and more powerful than he’s ever been. I know he’s got great karate. He’s a consummate professional. He’s a fantastic athlete. He’s probably stretching everyday. He’s probably eating (expletive) egg whites every morning. I’m cut from the other side of the cloth. I’ll drink a six pack and knock that bum out,” said Bisping.

“It’s going to be a tough fight. It ain’t no walk in the park, but I also believe that I can take Georges out in the first round. I’m going to lower my base. I’m going to walk forward, and I’m going to put it on him from the opening bell.”

Galleries

Georges St Pierre GSP Fights

• 4 months ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White Believes Georges St-Pierre's Return was 'Purely Financial' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White casts doubt on Georges St-Pierre's medical status, claiming that the former champion's motives were "purely financial." read news >>

Michael Bisping on the Cusp of Retiring or Headlining UFC London | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping's dream scenario is in the offing, but will he take it? That's what we're all waiting to find out. read news >>

Watch Derek Brunson Crumble Dan Kelly: UFC KO of the Week | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Derek Brunson make short work of Dan Kelly at UFC Fight Night 110. Brunson faces "Jacare" Souza at UFC on FOX 27 on Jan. 27 in Charlotte, North Carolina. read news >>

Georges St-Pierre's Coach Thinks He'll Be Back... in a Year or Two | MMAWeekly.com

As expected, Georges St-Pierre made an immediate splash in his Octagon return, taking the UFC middleweight championship from around Michael Bisping's waist at UFC 217 last November. As immediate as S read news >>

Michael Bisping Not Fighting at UFC London; Is He Done? | MMAWeekly.com

Despite all the rumors swirling around Michael Bisping, the former UFC middleweight champion says he is not fighting at UFC London. read news >>

Eryk Anders: 'I'm a Very Tough Matchup for Lyoto Machida' | MMAWeekly.com

Eryk Anders faces his toughest opponent to date when he takes on Lyoto Machida in the UFC Fight Night 125 main event on Feb. 3 in Belem, Brazil. read news >>

Fabricio Werdum Faces Alexander Volkov in Main Event at UFC Fight Night in London | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum will return to action in March as he faces upstart contender Alexander Volkov in the new main event just announced for UFC Fight Night in London on March 1 read news >>

Michael Bisping Responds to Lyoto Machida Calling Him Out | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping has probably been called out more during his career than just about any other athlete on the roster so hearing his named mentioned by a potential opponent after a fight is nothing new read news >>

Adriano Moraes Faces Reece McLaren at ONE: Visions of Victory | MMAWeekly.com

Reigning flyweight champion Adriano Moraes will be in action at ONE: Visions of Victory on March 9. The Brazilian is set to defend his belt against Reece McLaren at Stadium Putra in Kuala Lumpur. Mor read news >>

LFA 33's Kyle Stewart Predicts He'll Be in the UFC This Year | MMAWeekly.com

Kyle Stewart predicts he'll be in the UFC this year, but first faces Jaleel Willis at LFA 33 on Friday. read news >>