#UFC 220 #Stipe Miocic #Francis Ngannou #Bellator MMA #Daniel Cormier #Volkan Oezdemir #Rory MacDonald #Douglas Lima #Chael Sonnen #Quinton Jackson #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Conor McGregor #Cyborg vs. Holm

Michael Bisping: Fight with Brian Stann ‘Real Main Event’ for UFC 152, Not the Flyweights

You can say what you want about Michael Bisping, but the guy sure knows how to sell a fight.

With two months remaining until Bisping returns to action at UFC 152 to face decorated Marine turned middleweight contender Brian Stann, the brash Brit is already doing his part to make their co-main event fight the biggest thing on the upcoming card in Toronto.

So big in fact that Bisping believes their bout is the real headliner and not the 125lb title fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson.

“In my opinion, and I think in most people’s, this is the main event. This is the real main event. Two big hard hitting guys. No one cares about little flyweights, this is the real main event, this is the real big fight, tune in cause someone’s getting knocked out, ain’t going to be me though,” said Bisping when speaking to Fuel TV on Saturday.

“This is the real main event of UFC 152.”

Bisping believes his fight with Stann holds a lot of significance beyond just his belief that it should be the main event because of the two fighters involved.

With no clear-cut top dog in the division waiting to face middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Bisping thinks that his fight with Stann should declare the next contender to step in against the legendary fighter in the Octagon.

“I’ve been around the UFC since 2005, I’ve been consistently fighting the best guys in the world, and I’ve done very, very well. I was robbed in a decision when I fought Chael (Sonnen), if I hadn’t been robbed there when I beat Brian, I’ll be on a six fight win streak, I think I deserve a shot,” said Bisping.

“Whoever wins this we should get the next shot.”

Some have scoffed at Bisping’s notion that he’s truly the No. 1 contender at 185lbs, while also balking at his over the top confidence as he heads into another tough fight.

The truth is Bisping is just showing confidence in his ability to win a fight because that’s what he believes he will do. Some call it cocky, but Bisping just calls it believing in himself.

“We’re fighters, you can’t go in there thinking you’re not going to win. You’ve got to be confident, and I’m very confident,” Bisping stated. “I’ve been around here a long, long time, and I’m good at what I do. Brian, he’s a fantastic fighter, but I think I’m a better fighter, and that’s what makes it a fight.

“I’m going to go out there and do everything I can to punch you in the face as many times as possible and he’s going to do the same.”

Bisping will get the chance to back that up when he faces Brian Stann in Toronto on Sept 22 as the co-main event at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Dana White: UFC offered Vitor Belfort last-minute fights, but he wants Michael Bisping

When his recent bout was scrapped, Vitor Belfort apparently was offered a couple last-minute replacements, though the retiring UFC vet has another idea in mind. read news >>

Jorge Masvidal: Ex-UFC champ Michael Bisping has a 'bounty on his head'

Jorge Masvidal is in no rush to return to the UFC. That is, unless, he gets his long-desired matchup with Michael Bisping. Filed under: Featured, MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Two Fights, Wants Michael Bisping | MMAWeekly.com

According to UFC president Dana White, Vitor Belfort could have fought Sunday night, but is angling for a Michael Bisping bout. read news >>

UFC plans Tony Ferguson-Khabib Nurmagomedov title fight; Conor McGregor would be stripped

The lightweight division is about to move on without Conor McGregor, with Tony Ferguson facing Khabib Nurmagomedov at either UFC 222 or UFC 223. read news >>

Paige VanZant posts hospital photo, X-ray of broken arm after UFC Fight Night 124 loss

Paige VanZant suffered a broken arm in her UFC Fight Night 124 loss to Jessica-Rose Clark, and she’s got the x-rays to prove it. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Jessica-Rose Clark's victory over Paige VanZant at UFC Fight Night 124

See the top Twitter reactions to Jessica Rose-Clark’s win over Paige VanZant at UFC Fight Night 124. read news >>

Jeremy Stephens and Dooho Choi Lead the Charge on UFC St. Louis Bonuses | MMAWeekly.com

Sunday's UFC Fight Night 124 card in St. Louis took some significant losses in the final 48 hours prior to the event, but still managed to deliver some big performances that netted $50,000 post-fight read news >>

Dana White: Rafael dos Anjos next for UFC champ Tyron Woodley, who still wants Georges St-Pierre

Stop it if you’ve heard this before: UFC champ Tyron Woodley and UFC President Dana White disagree on matchmaking. read news >>

UFC St. Louis Overcomes Losses to Post Strong Gate and Attendance | MMAWeekly.com

Having to overcome a couple significant last-minute losses, UFC St. Louis still managed to pull in strong gate and attendance numbers. read news >>

Dana White rips Kamaru Usman's UFC Fight Night 124 post-fight speech; Usman clarifies

Kamaru Usman and Dana White figure to have an awkward conversation the next time they sit down for a chat. read news >>