#UFC Fight Night 55 #Fabricio Werdum #Marcin Tybura #UFC 217 #GSP #Michael Bisping

You can say what you want about Michael Bisping, but the guy sure knows how to sell a fight.

With two months remaining until Bisping returns to action at UFC 152 to face decorated Marine turned middleweight contender Brian Stann, the brash Brit is already doing his part to make their co-main event fight the biggest thing on the upcoming card in Toronto.

So big in fact that Bisping believes their bout is the real headliner and not the 125lb title fight between Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson.

“In my opinion, and I think in most people’s, this is the main event. This is the real main event. Two big hard hitting guys. No one cares about little flyweights, this is the real main event, this is the real big fight, tune in cause someone’s getting knocked out, ain’t going to be me though,” said Bisping when speaking to Fuel TV on Saturday.

“This is the real main event of UFC 152.”

Bisping believes his fight with Stann holds a lot of significance beyond just his belief that it should be the main event because of the two fighters involved.

With no clear-cut top dog in the division waiting to face middleweight champion Anderson Silva, Bisping thinks that his fight with Stann should declare the next contender to step in against the legendary fighter in the Octagon.

“I’ve been around the UFC since 2005, I’ve been consistently fighting the best guys in the world, and I’ve done very, very well. I was robbed in a decision when I fought Chael (Sonnen), if I hadn’t been robbed there when I beat Brian, I’ll be on a six fight win streak, I think I deserve a shot,” said Bisping.

“Whoever wins this we should get the next shot.”

Some have scoffed at Bisping’s notion that he’s truly the No. 1 contender at 185lbs, while also balking at his over the top confidence as he heads into another tough fight.

The truth is Bisping is just showing confidence in his ability to win a fight because that’s what he believes he will do. Some call it cocky, but Bisping just calls it believing in himself.

“We’re fighters, you can’t go in there thinking you’re not going to win. You’ve got to be confident, and I’m very confident,” Bisping stated. “I’ve been around here a long, long time, and I’m good at what I do. Brian, he’s a fantastic fighter, but I think I’m a better fighter, and that’s what makes it a fight.

“I’m going to go out there and do everything I can to punch you in the face as many times as possible and he’s going to do the same.”

Bisping will get the chance to back that up when he faces Brian Stann in Toronto on Sept 22 as the co-main event at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Michael Bisping Reportedly Sued for Alleged Assault at Gym

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is being sued for allegedly assaulting a man at a gym in Anaheim, California, in July. According to TMZ Sports, a suit filed by Antonio Georgakopoulos allege read news >>

Listen to today's UFC 217 media call with Michael Bisping, Georges St-Pierre at 5 p.m. ET

Listen to today’s UFC 217 media call with middleweight champ Michael Bisping and challenger Georges St-Pierre on MMAjunkie at 5 p.m. ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Watch Michael Bisping, T.J. Dillashaw's full UFC 217 media lunch Q&A in SoCal

Check out the full media Q&A with middleweight champ Michael Bisping and bantamweight title challenger T.J. Dillashaw ahead of UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping being sued for alleged choking incident in California gym

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping has arguably the most important fight of his career in 10 days, but a new distraction has popped up.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping on Georges St-Pierre: 'I see more aggression out of my wife' (UFC 217 Media Call) | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping claimed, "I see more aggression out of my wife Christmas shopping than we're going to see out of Georges." read news >>

UFC champ Michael Bisping 'not losing sleep' over lawsuit or Cody Garbrandt claims

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping isn’t worrying about a recently filed lawsuit, or the opinions of bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White Calls Michael Bisping's Assault Accuser a 'F--king P---y'

UFC President Dana White responded Thursday to the man who filed a lawsuit against middleweight champion Michael Bisping over an alleged assault at a gym in Anaheim, California. "I'm sure it's that t read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: Michael Bisping Is 'Begging Me' to Stand and Trade With Him at UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Georges St-Pierre knows he has a lot of ways to beat Michael Bisping but he's counting on the fact that the middleweight champion only has one real weapon in his arsenal ahead of UFC 217. In the week read news >>

'UFC 217 Embedded,' No. 2: 'It's about proving all you doubters wrong' for Michael Bisping

Go behind the scenes as we head down the stretch toward UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 217 preview: The historic numbers behind Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre

Check out the numbers Michael Bisping and Georges St-Pierre bring into the UFC 217 main event, and what’s on the line for both.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>