Now that might sound generic or somewhat manufactured, but for the most part it’s true.
Matchmaker Joe Silva calls and offers a fight and more often times than not a fighter accepts, but when two fighters both seem to ask for the same fight that can help speed along the process.
Well, Michael Bisping is hoping to make Joe Silva’s job a lot easier as he comes back after his recent knee surgery.
Bisping appeared as an analyst on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight where he first revealed his timeline for a return.
“Hopefully, pretty soon. The knee is healing nicely and it has been three weeks since the operation and I just started training. I just spoke to Joe Silva not too long ago and I am hoping to fight at UFC 152 in Toronto,” Bisping revealed.
Now as far as his fight plans, Bisping is gunning for a title shot but more importantly right now he wants to stay active and get back in the cage.
There appear to be two names on his hit list and he’s happy to challenge either one for his possible return to action in September.
“I would like to fight Brian Stann, he is a good fighter. A second one is Alan Belcher. Alan Belcher’s somebody that’s been calling me out for seems like forever now. To be quite frank I’m sick of it. So, Alan Belcher if your balls are big enough call Joe Silva and let’s do it,” said Bisping with conviction.
Belcher has long sought a fight with Bisping and following his impressive performance defeating Rousimar Palhares in May, that might just be a fight worth making.
The Mississippi native has been out of action since that time nursing a hand injury, but if the timing works out a fight with Bisping could be just what the doctor ordered.
Currently, UFC 152 only has one confirmed main card fight with former welterweight and lightweight champion B.J. Penn returning to action to face Canadian upstart Rory MacDonald.
The addition of Bisping could be a big boost to the UFC’s return to Toronto come September.
Check out the trailer for UFC champ Michael Bisping's latest acting gig, "My Name is Lenny." read news >>
Michael Bisping is blown away by critics of him accepting a "money fight" with Georges St-Pierre, while Conor McGregor can seemingly do no wrong. read news >>
Could Georges St-Pierre’s long-awaited UFC comeback take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City? The former longtime UFC champ hinted on Tuesday that may be the case.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping never made a whole lot of sense. Even as UFC President Dana White appeared on Sportscenter on March 1 to make the official announcement, this matchup had its pro read news >>
Any hopes of a last-minute effort to get Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre on UFC 213 in July can be laid to rest. It's not going to happen. read news >>
Anyone hoping the murkiness involving the UFC’s middleweight title picture will soon be cleared is unfortunately out of luck.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
On the heels of his major role in the “xXx” sequel earlier this year, UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping soon will be back on the big screen.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>
Jorge Masvidal, during Wednesday's UFC 211 Ultimate Media Day, went off on Michael Bisping for refusing to fight Yoel Romero. read news >>
After endless complaints from fans and middleweight contenders, UFC President Dana White claims the company has decided to call off plans for a Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre title fight later read news >>
UFC President Dana White told Fox Sports Australia's UFC Fight Week that a planned middleweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping has been called off. According to Fox Sports read news >>