#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Paul Daley #Ovince St. Preux #Lorenz Larkin #Roy Nelson #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Gokhan Saki #Javy Ayala

UFC featherweight Matt Grice blogs exclusively for MMAWeekly.com as he prepares for his return to the Octagon on June 26 against Ricardo Lamas. Each week, Matt will give insights into his camp as he gets ready to fight in Pittsburgh at UFC on Versus 4.

Matt Grice

This is the first edition of Matt Grice’s Fight blog.

Four weeks until showtime!

I am about four weeks away from my return to the UFC on June 26 at UFC on Versus 4, where I will be fighting Ricardo Lamas. I can honestly say that this is the most dedicated and disciplined I have ever been in preparing for a fight. You don’t always get a second chance in this sport to compete at the highest level and I am grateful to the UFC for giving me this opportunity. I plan on making the most out of it.

My schedule is a little different than most professional fighters due to the fact that I am also a full-time police officer. I love both my jobs which at times can be very similar. People always ask me how I find time to train for a fight while working 10 hour days, well it gets a little hectic.

I work eight straight days for 10-hour shifts and then get six days off. So needless to say, on days I work there is not much time for anything other than working, training, and a little sleep. I will go train in the evening or late afternoon and then when I get off work in the morning I will head to the gym for more training. Then it’s home to get a little sleep and do it all over again.

I am able to catch up on sleep and family time on my days off work, while still plugging away in the gym. This schedule, I feel, makes me mentally stronger because there are days I am tired from working and getting little sleep and don’t want to go to the gym, but I have a great training camp that holds me accountable. Once I am at the gym, it’s all business and hard work.

I am definitely a more mature fighter this time around and have surrounded myself with great trainers and training partners. I have been working a lot with Sammie Henson for this fight. The intensity he brings is amazing. Sammie was an Olympic wrestling silver medalist and world champion. He has helped the likes of Chuck Liddell, Anthony Banuelos, and Chad Mendes.

Thanks again to my sponsors who are a big help to me. Please check out House of Pain, Loos Toof Fight Gear, and Sports City Cafe, and return the support they have shown to me and our sport.

Thanks for reading, check back next week for more!

Matt Grice

Comments

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor by TKO (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) Check out some of the best action from the megafight between UFC champion Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxing legend Floyd Mayweather. TRENDING > Conor McGregor Only Won 1 Round Agai read news >>

Dana White Wants Conor McGregor to Get Back to Fighting MMA | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor had a good showing against unbeaten Floyd Mayweather, but Dana White wants him to return to the Octagon. read news >>

Conor McGregor Says the Boxing Community Disrespected Him | MMAWeekly.com

UFC champion Conor McGregor weighs in on the disrespect that the boxing community showed him in his attempt to crossover into boxing. read news >>

Boxing Great Sugar Ray Leonard Was Impressed by Conor McGregor's Boxing | MMAWeekly.com

Boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard gives his thoughts on the huge fight between UFC champion Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr. read news >>

Evander Holyfield Believes the Mayweather vs. McGregor Fight Was Stopped Early | MMAWeekly.com

Following Floyd "Money" Mayweather's 10th-round stoppage of UFC champion Conor McGregor on Saturday, a lot of people thought the fight was stopped prematurely. read news >>

Is ZUFFA Getting Into Boxing? | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White addressed questions about whether or not the UFC is considering getting into the boxing biz following Mayweather vs. McGregor's success. read news >>

Nate Diaz Celebrates with Floyd Mayweather, Rips the UFC After the Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Nate Diaz didn't walk out to the ring with Floyd Mayweather as some suspected going into Saturday night, but he definitely celebrated with him afterwards. Diaz attended the historic fight between May read news >>

Why Conor McGregor's Next Fight Should Be in a Boxing Ring | MMAWeekly.com

Will UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor's next fight be in a boxing ring or inside the Octagon? read news >>