#UFC Fight Night 123 #Cub Swanson #Brian Ortega #UFC 218 #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #GLORY Redemption #Rico Verhoeven #Conor McGregor #UFC 217 #Francis Ngannou #Alistair Overeem

NORFOLK, Va. – The question of whether Matt Brown’s highlight-reel knockout of Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120 will be his last will have to wait to be answered.

Brown isn’t ready to make the call yet, despite announcing that Saturday’s appearance would be his last in the octagon.

“To be honest, I’m not even thinking about it right now,” Brown told MMAjunkie after his FS1-televised win at Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk, Va. “It’s not even really a thought in my mind. I’m thinking about enjoying tonight, and we’ll talk about it later.”

In the cage after his win, Brown (21-16 MMA, 14-10 UFC) said he would discuss the subject of retirement with friends and family before making a final decision. Until the final weeks prior to the fight, that appeared to be made. But then he walked back his declaration that he would call it a career after his meeting with Sanchez (27-11 MMA, 16-11 UFC).

A stellar training camp made Brown reconsider his end date. But there were also plenty of people telling him he shouldn’t hang it up.

“I’ve definitely had more people tell me not to retire than to retire,” Brown said. “But nobody other than me and my family really has any bearing on that – and close friends. So I’m not even going to allow anybody else’s opinions to get into my mind like that.”

Brown’s win not only added another impressive win to his resume. It also snapped a losing skid that likely motivated his decision to give himself one final chance of turning things around.

“Ending (the skid) feels good, but I felt like I needed a finish, because I wasn’t getting the job done, Brown said. “I had to at least show myself that I’m better than I’ve been fighting.”

Now that he’s done that, it’s hard to imagine Brown deciding he’s finished. But that’s a decision he’ll make for himself.

For complete coverage of UFC Fight Night 120, check out the UFC Events section of the site.

Galleries

Diego Sanchez Fights

• 7 months ago

Matt Brown Fights

• a month ago

Comments

Elias Theodorou happy he gets to haunt Daniel Kelly's dreams after UFC-Sydney

Elias Theodorou was no stranger to Daniel Kelly before they threw down at UFC Fight Night 121 on Saturday. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Alistair Overeem: 'No damage and all healthy' after UFC 218 knockout loss

Alistair Overeem posted a reassuring message on social media following a scary first-round knockout loss to Francis Ngannou at UFC 218.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor, Max Holloway Talk Trash on Twitter After UFC 218

UFC champions Conor McGregor and Max Holloway have taken shots at each other on Twitter on Sunday after UFC 218. McGregor kicked the exchange off, and Holloway responded in kind: This article will be read news >>

After UFC 218 win, Tecia Torres wants rubber match with new champ Rose Namajunas

Tecia Torres earned her third straight UFC win on Saturday night in Detroit, and now she wants a third fight with new UFC women’s strawweight champion Rose Namajunas. As Torres pointed out, the two a read news >>

Matt Brown Returns to Co-Host the Fight Society Podcast | MMAWeekly.com

On the latest Fight Society podcast, UFC welterweight Matt Brown returns to co-host the show with MMAWeekly's Damon Martin. read news >>

Alex Garcia after UFC-Shanghai victory: Who's getting the attention now?

Alex Garcia was aware of the hype around UFC Fight Night 122 opponent Muslim Salikhov. He shut all that down with a win.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Zabit Magomedsharipov wants 'special striker' Yair Rodriguez after UFC Fight Night 122 win

Highly touted featherweight prospect Zabit Magomedsharipov knows exactly who he wants to fight next after UFC Fight Night 122.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Joe Rogan: Max Holloway 'best 145er ever' after UFC 218 title defense vs. Jose Aldo

Joe Rogan is all in on UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway’s “Blessed Era.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Amanda Cooper after UFC 218 win: 'I don't think the sport needs' Angela Magana

Amanda Cooper bludgeoned Angela Magana inside the octagon at UFC 218, then picked up where she left off during her post-fight interview. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Roxanne Modafferi after UFC title loss: 'I've got to keep smiling – it's my job'

Coming up short at The Ultimate Fighter 26 Finale was a tough blow for Roxanne Modafferi, but “The Happy Warrior” will keep smiling.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>