#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Jon Jones #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Michael Bisping #UFC 215 #UFC Japan

If there’s one thing that you can say about UFC middleweight contender Mark Munoz outside of the cage is that he’s a nice guy.

Rarely will you see the coach and father of four not walking around without a smile on his face, ready to greet fans or anybody with a handshake or a hug.

But in the tough guy world of mixed martial arts, the nice guy isn’t always the one that gets the most attention despite their accomplishments inside the Octagon. Sometimes it takes a little something extra to push you to that next level.

Take for instance fellow UFC middleweight Chael Sonnen, who for years was a mid tier fighter who routinely bounced between wins and losses, but once he started to put a string of victories together he also found the gift of gab. Sonnne’s mic skills took him to a whole other stratosphere when it came to promoting fights.

Now, make no mistake about it Mark Munoz isn’t looking to become Chael Sonnen when it comes to pre-fight trash talk, but he is ready to be very vocal about a subject he’s become quite passionate about.

Fighting for the UFC middleweight title.

“I think that’s setting it up to where should I win that fight, I should be getting a title shot. I’m looking to win the fight, I’m looking to win it with flying colors, and I’m definitely going to be requesting after the fight a title shot,” Munoz told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

“The thing is I’ve always said that I’m going to let my fighting do the talking, and my fighting has done the talking, but now I’m going to do both. I’m going to state my case. I’m going to let the fighting do the talking and I’m also going to verbalize it and say I deserve a title shot.”

Currently on a four-fight win streak, Munoz faces Chris Weidman in the main event of the upcoming UFC on Fuel TV 4 show headed to San Jose on Wednesday night.

Over the last few months fighters like Michael Bisping and Hector Lombard have been very vocal in their desire to get to the top contender’s spot, but Munoz has kept his head down and just tried to earn it.

Now he’s ready to do both and it starts with his fight on Wednesday.

Munoz has been an NCAA champion and at 34-years of age he believes that there is no better time than the present for him to show what it takes to be the man to next challenge Anderson Silva for the UFC middleweight title.

“I do feel that this is my time. I do feel that all the events leading up to this point have actually culminated up to this point of my career. After having the career that I have had, it’s a lot of ups and downs and I think a career’s going to go through that. Mine is no different,” said Munoz.

“I’ve been through the ups and downs and the times when I was down are the times where I had to get back up and climb again. Those are the times that actually made me tougher and those times are the times that are going to help me get to the top. I truly believe this is my time.”

He’ll go a long way to proving that if he can take out Weidman at UFC on Fuel 4 and then if he is victorious expect Munoz to take the time to tell UFC commentator Kenny Florian exactly what he wants next.

Munoz will call for a fight with Anderson Silva with the UFC middleweight title on the line, and if he’s victorious he’ll have gone an awful long way to proving he’s the man destined for the challenge.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Chris Weidman Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Jon Jones' Manager Confounded, Refuses to Believe Jones Cheated | MMAWeekly.com

UFC champion Jon Jones is in the midst facing what could be yet another setback in his life, but his manager refuses to believe he cheated. read news >>

Video: UFC 215, UFC 216 media day face-offs, where Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee get heated

The UFC today hosted a media event to promote September’s UFC 216 and October’s UFC 217 fight cards, which feature three championship bouts in total. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Johnson vs. Borg, Nunes vs. Shevchenko Face Off Ahead of Double Title Fight at UFC 215 | MMAWeekly.com

Two titles will go up for grabs at UFC 215 as Demetrious Johnson takes on Ray Borg and Amanda Nunes faces Valentina Shevchenko after they were originally scheduled to meet in July. On Thursday, all f read news >>

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee Engage in Heated Face Off Ahead of UFC 216 | MMAWeekly.com

Tony Ferguson and Kevin Lee had to be separated by UFC president Dana White on Thursday after a heated face off during a media day in Las Vegas. Ferguson will face Lee to crown a new interim lightwei read news >>

Is Dana White's Relationship with Jon Jones Over? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White briefly talked about his relationship with Jon Jones with the press at the UFC 215 216 media day on Thursday. TRENDING > Jon Jones' Manager Confounded, Refuses to Believe Jon read news >>

Ray Borg says he's going to end Demetrious Johnson's career in UFC 215 title fight

Ray Borg believes he’s not only going to upset UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson, but also retire him at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White More Nervous About Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Than Any Other Fight Ever | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White is more nervous about Conor McGregor's boxing bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. than any other fight... ever. read news >>

Mayweather vs. McGregor Odds: Latest Fight Lines for Money vs. Notorious

Floyd Mayweather Jr. will come out of retirement to face UFC superstar Conor McGregor in a boxing megafight in Las Vegas on Saturday. Notorious is switching fight codes and will make his professional read news >>

Conor McGregor Nutritionist Says He'll Have No Trouble Making Weight

Conor McGregor's nutritionist said Thursday that the UFC Lightweight champion will have no problem making weight Friday for his 154-pound boxing clash with Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday. According read news >>

Conor McGregor: 'Essentially, I Am Representing the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor talks about his training at the UFC Performance Institute days before his boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather Jr. read news >>