Mark Munoz is currently nursing some injuries before he can schedule his next fight in the UFC.
This according to Munoz’s manager Mike Roberts of MMA Inc., who says that the former NCAA champion needed some time to heal after his loss to Chris Weidman at UFC on Fuel 4 earlier this summer.
“Mark’s nursing through some injuries right now. He obviously had the cut on his forehead and we later found out that he had a small fracture in his foot, and he’s still having some elbow problems from the surgery,” Roberts revealed when speaking to MMAWeekly Radio.
“So he’s rehabbing, taking some time to heal his body, and I think you’ll see him at some point by the end of the year.”
The loss to Weidman snapped Munoz’s four-fight win streak, but he’s looking forward to rebuilding in the middleweight division when the time is right for his return.
One potential fight that would seem to be on the horizon is a showdown with former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard.
Prior to his UFC debut in July, Lombard took exception to some comments Munoz had made about him and couldn’t express enough how much he wanted to fight him in the future.
Well, according to Munoz’s manager, they’ve yet to be approached by the UFC for that fight, but if they want it to happen, it will happen.
“That fight’s never even been brought up to us, so it’s not a fight that we’d be looking to get. Because Hector had some personal issues with Mark for whatever reason, which shocked me because anybody that knows Mark, loves Mark, even if you’re going to compete against him,” Roberts said about Lombard.
“But Hector took some shots on Mark as well, but Mark just wants to fight whoever the UFC deems. Who they want him to fight is who he’s going to fight.”
Whether Lombard will get his wish to face Munoz remains to be seen.
To hear the entire interview with Mike Roberts or any others make sure to check out MMAWeekly Radio every Monday-Thursday.
What slow start? Lionheart with the finish against Lombard! #UFCPittsburgh — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) September 17, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights read news >>
Anthony Smith didn’t exactly inspire for the opening two rounds of his clash with Hector Lombard, but he turned it on in the third.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
Anthony Smith thinks Hector Lombard is the most recognizable name he’s ever faced, but it’s still not the fight he wanted: “His reputation is far greater than he is right now.”Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>
Daniel Cormier is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. The UFC has officially stripped Jon Jones of the title after his fight against Cormier was overturned to a no contest by the Californi read news >>
Daniel Cormier calls the UFC’s decision to strip Jon Jones and award the title back to him “the right thing to do.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
UFC spokesperson Lenee Breckenridge confirmed to Marc Raimondi of MMA Fighting on Wednesday that Daniel Cormier has been reinstated as the UFC light heavyweight champion. Jon Jones defeated Cormier a read news >>
Ray Borg will get a chance at Demetrious Johnson after all. The UFC announced Wednesday the two will fight at UFC 216 in Las Vegas on Oct. 7. This comes after Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting reported F read news >>
The quest to become the inaugural UFC women's flyweight champion continued on Wednesday when No. 6 seed Montana Stewart took out No. 11 seed Ariel Beck. read news >>
A lightweight showdown between Anthony Pettis and Dustin Poirier is on for UFC-Norfolk in November.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
A lot of people are looking forward to Michael Bisping fighting Georges St-Pierre. Luke Rockhold is not one of those people. read news >>