UFC heavyweight contender Mark Hunt (9-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) is having a few struggles traveling to the U.S. in advance of his UFC 160 bout with Junior dos Santos (15-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC), but “The Super Samoan” remains confident the bout will go on as planned.
“Denied again at airport,” Hunt wrote on Twitter. “I’m never helping anymore d—head mates.”
Earlier this week, Hunt revealed he was told he didn’t have the proper paperwork necessary to fly from his native New Zealand to the U.S., where he’s scheduled to meet dos Santos later this month. At the time, Hunt said he anticipated only a short delay while waiting for his passport to be shipped to him from Australia.
“Well wed is the day I’m out,” Hunt wrote on Monday. “Got to wait for my old passport coming from aus.”
Things unfortunately took a turn for the worse today, as he was again denied an opportunity to board a flight bound for the U.S.
“Getting real tired of this s—,” Hunt wrote. “This is wat happens wen u have friends that are d—heads the last f—n time I help these mother f—n trouble makers.
“Denied again at airport I’m never helping anymore d—head mates.”
While there were some initial reports that Hunt had been arrested in New Zealand, Hunt wrote to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) on Twitter that the issues were tied to an event that took place more than a decade ago.
“It was a incident that happened 2002,” Hunt wrote.
Hunt has since said UFC officials are assisting him with his paperwork and he is expected to fly out some time Friday night (Australia and New Zealand are one calendar day ahead of U.S. time).
UFC officials declined comment on the matter, and initial attempts to reach Hunt by phone were unsuccessful.
UFC 160 takes place May 25 at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena. The evening’s main card airs on pay-per-view.view original article >>
Ahead of her the toughest opponent of her undefeated career, Ketlen Vieira is all respect for onetime title challenger Sara McMann.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
Go inside the gyms and lives of Luke Rockhold and David Branch ahead of their UFC Pittsburgh main event. read news >>
Whether UFC 215 remains a sellout after its main event was canceled is anyone’s guess. But UFC exec David Shaw is still bullish on the promotion’s prospects for its first trip to Edmonton.Filed under read news >>
UFC competitor Ed Herman had a tough day at the office. The veteran light heavyweight and middleweight fighter showed off a finger injury on Tuesday that is quite graphic and definitely not for the f read news >>
Valentina Shevchenko is not going quietly after dropping a split decision to Amanda Nunes. read news >>
Mark Hunt is almost 20 years deep into his combat sports career and, unfortunately, it's starting to catch up with him. The Super Samoan discussed his physical and mental situation in a piece for Pla read news >>
Following his TKO win over Jose Aldo in June, featherweight champion Max Holloway planned on meeting with the UFC to engage in negotiations for a new contract that would treat him as one of the compa read news >>
Ex-UFC champ Mauricio “Shogun” Rua apologized to the fans and opponent Ovince Saint Preux after pulling out of UFC Fight Night 117 in Japan.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>
Go behind the scenes with England’s Leon Edwards ahead of his UFC Fight Night 115 fight in Rotterdam against Bryan Barberena.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>
Following news that he failed a drug test administered ahead of his fight with Daniel Cormier at UFC 214, Jon Jones and his team released a statement on Tuesday night. UFC officials confirmed that Jo read news >>