MENU
#Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Nate Diaz #Paul Daley #Cris Cyborg #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Angela Magana #Joanna Jedrzejczyk


mark-hunt-7.JPGMark Hunt‘s short national nightmare apparently is over.

The heavyweight, slated for the co-main event this Saturday at UFC 160 in Las Vegas, had been stuck in Australia due to a visa issue, threatening his trip to the States to compete in what amounts to the biggest fight of his MMA career.

But on Sunday, Hunt posted on his Twitter account that he has obtained his visa, clearing the way for him to head to the other side of the world for Saturday’s fight. Hunt also this past Friday received his license from the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the bout.

Hunt (9-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) will fight former heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos (15-2 MMA, 9-1 UFC) at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas in what is expected to be a title eliminator, with the winner very likely moving on to meet the winner of the night’s main event current champ Cain Velasquez and top contender Antonio Silva.

The UFC 160 main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

With Hunt still stuck in Australia this past week, he participated in a conference call with media members and said he was hopeful the situation would be sorted out. And UFC officials said a team was working on the problem and was confident Hunt would be in the United States by week’s end.

That timetable won’t quite prove to be accurate, but at the very least Hunt should be in Las Vegas by the UFC’s standard fight week time table, which typically has fighters arriving on Tuesday for a Saturday event.

That may not be exactly ideal for Hunt, who has said that a previous fight in Las Vegas that had him in town just four days ahead of the fight had him feeling sluggish.

“I’m just running out of time to get over there and acclimatize,” Hunt said on this past Tuesday’s media call.

Hunt said the problem leading to his visa issue arose from “a stupid misunderstanding” and “something that happened a long time ago,” apparently a past legal issue that was holding up the process.

But with the visa hurdle cleared, the former PRIDE fighter and standout kickboxer now is set for his fight with Dos Santos – with the knowledge that UFC President Dana White has said a dominant performance could earn Hunt a shot at the belt. The New Zealand native, who now lives in Australia, has won four straight, including a “Knockout of the Night” win over Stefan Struve in March.

Hunt stepped in for Alistair Overeem, who was scheduled to fight Dos Santos, but pulled out with an injury.

For the latest on UFC 160, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Justin Gaethje apparently heading to UFC as Professional Fighters League launches recruiting for 2018 season

  • 25 days ago
  • 13 views

LAS VEGAS – WSOF lightweight champion Justin Gaethje is heading to the UFC, according to his now-former employers.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

UFC 211: Stipe Miocic vs. Junior dos Santos 2 Extended Preview | MMAWeekly.com

  • 20 days ago
  • 30 views

In 2014, Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos engaged in an epic five-round battle that saw "Cigano" emerge with a razor-close victory. They rematch on May 13. read news >>

Ahead of the UFC 211 rematch, take a look back at Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos I

  • 21 days ago
  • 51 views

The heavyweight title is back on the line next week in Dallas with a highly anticipated rematch. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 211: Miocic vs. dos Santos Conference Call Replay | MMAWeekly.com

  • 18 days ago
  • 13 views

Listen in on the UFC 211 media call replay to hear what Stipe Miocic, Junior dos Santos, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, and Jessica Andrade had to say. read news >>

Miocic, JDS promise KO; Joanna Champion predicts fireworks at UFC 211

  • 18 days ago
  • 6 views

The headlining stars of UFC 211 - Stipe Miocic, Junior Dos Santos, Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Jessica Andrade - spoke Thursday, and they predicted fireworks for next week's big event in Dallas read news >>

UFC 211's Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos totally down for boxing crossover against Anthony Joshua

  • 17 days ago
  • 41 views

There can only be one true baddest man on the planet, the way ex-UFC heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos sees it. Why not find out who?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Stipe Miocic and Junior dos Santos' First Showdown (UFC 211 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

  • 17 days ago
  • 40 views

Check out the first fight between current heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic and Junior Dos Santos, which won Fight of the Night honors back in 2014. read news >>

Stipe Miocic vs. Junior dos Santos: UFC 211 Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

  • 14 days ago
  • 7 views

Go inside the lives and gyms of two champions. Stipe Miocic focuses on retaining his heavyweight belt and redeeming a loss to former champ Junior Dos Santos. read news >>

UFC 211 Matchmaker Breakdown: Stipe Miocic vs. Junior dos Santos | MMAWeekly.com

  • 15 days ago
  • 44 views

Jon Anik talks with Sean Shelby and Mick Maynard to break down some of the intriguing bouts set to take place at UFC 211 on May 13 in Dallas. read news >>

Junior Dos Santos plans to retake 'baddest man on the planet' label with UFC 211 KO of Stipe Miocic

  • 18 days ago
  • 7 views

Only six fighters in UFC history have had multiple title reigns in a single weight class. Junior Dos Santos can become lucky number seven with a victory over heavyweight champ Stipe Miocic at UFC 211 read news >>